Urgent - Need Help. Windows Problem

Hi,

I need help urgently.........

My current os is WinXp Home (SP2). Everytime when during the windows
start-up, it always appear the following message:

Windows - No Disk

X - There is no disk in the drive. Please insert a disk into drive A:
Cancel         Try Again            Continue

Under the Taskbar, is shown my firewall "No firewall is turned on"

After I click on the continue box, the error message disappeared and
firewall auto ON back again.

Pls kind enoguh to email me your reply to skyvansg@yahoo.com.sg

greatly appreciated your kind assistance.

0
skyvansg (2)
8/9/2005 6:17:44 AM
comp.windows.misc 3202 articles. 1 followers. Post Follow

Dialog windows and Data windows help
Hi I am trying to develop a simple bingo calling system ( from 1 to 90 ) My main window consists of 2 pushbuttons called start & stop and a singleline edit field called CALLEDNUM. When i press the START button the system should begin to automatically display and call out numbers until the STOP button is pressed and then resume when the START button is pressed again. METHOD STARTBUTTON( ) CLASS BINGO local nPos, nCurrent as usual // get a random number from uncalled array- initially 90 numbers Rand( Seconds() ) do while Len( aUncalled) > 0 nPos := Integ...

Windows 98SE-- Windows explore problem
When ever I try to invoke windows explorer I get a blue screen message with: 0028; C000B28A IN VXD VMM(01) + 0000A28A Can someone shed some light on how I can repair this problem? Thanks, John "john" <z2345678998765432y@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message news:kr7ntv4oonaqv3o3jp4eu8ecg214ne31gi@4ax.com... > > When ever I try to invoke windows explorer I get a blue screen > message with: > > 0028; C000B28A IN VXD VMM(01) + 0000A28A > VXD is virtual device driver and VMM is virtual memory manager, so first guess is bad RAM. Take the RA...

OT: Windows Help (Windows .dll error)
Hello _all_ , I am sorry for posting this topic here as I am not sure where to post it. I googled a lot still was not sure where to download a .dll for this error ( any trusted website to download .dll files) . Recently I have deleted couple of programs from my personnel laptop, I do not know in that process I have deleted something that is resulting in a windows error Pop up "bcmwltry.exe -Ordinal Not found ---- The Oridinal 968 could not be located in the dynamic link Library LIBEAY32.dll ". Does any body have seen this error if so how did you make it go thanks SL ...

windows 98Se and windows XP network help
I have a simple network involving a PC on XP and a laptop on 98SE being connected together via a ethernet switch. They can both each other's adress and get a reply via the command prompt, but neither can see the other in network neighbourhood. Any ideas?? Thanks Edward Fixed this too. edwardmluk@hotmail.com (Edward) wrote in message news:<5e8d667.0312300617.507186ac@posting.google.com>... > I have a simple network involving a PC on XP and a laptop on 98SE > being connected together via a ethernet switch. They can both each > other's adress and get a repl...

VB6 and Windows Installer problem on Windows 2000
Hi, I've got Visual Studio 6.0 sp5 installed on a Toshiba laptop running Windows 2000 pro. Whenever I start Visual Basic, Windows Installer starts up and tries to install some unknown component, after clicking cancel Visual Basic hangs up. Help!!! Thanks, McFly Thanks anyway, A key in the windows registry was missing for some MS Office component. The Event Viewer gave the clue to solve this problem. I don't know why vb was triggering that event. Regards, McFly. ...

show windows get window text? Help
Hey all I read a tut.. on Get windows and show windows in notepad and how to send messages on it I am weary on it can any of you help me understand it better some how in just confused about it -- Frank R. Jr. ...

Re: Windows Help (Windows .dll error)
> -----Original Message----- > From: SAS(r) Discussion [mailto:SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] On > Behalf Of SAS_learner > Sent: Monday, November 24, 2008 7:46 PM > To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU > Subject: OT: Windows Help (Windows .dll error) > > Hello _all_ , > > I am sorry for posting this topic here as I am not sure where > to post it. I > googled a lot still was not sure where to download a .dll > for this error ( > any trusted website to download .dll files) . > > Recently I have deleted couple of programs from my personnel > laptop, I do > not know in that process I have deleted something that is > resulting in a > windows error Pop up "bcmwltry.exe -Ordinal Not found ---- > The Oridinal 968 > could not be located in the dynamic link Library LIBEAY32.dll > ". Does any > body have seen this error if so how did you make it go > > > thanks > SL I haven't seen that error, but libeay32.dll exists on my WinXP system as part of the ZoneAlarm antivirus package. Hope this is helpful, Dan Daniel Nordlund Bothell, WA USA ...

Howto Capture A Window In X-windows? Please Help
his is for a private open-source project I am currently working on. I want to do the following things: 1. Execute an X-program on an X-server 2. Resize(rescale) the program-window of the X-progam to any desired scale x-length and y-length wise USING an external program. So i need to write software that rescales windows belonging to an external X-application. 3. Controlling the program (mouse/keyboard emulation) in performing certain actions, normally invoked by an active user 4. Capturing the graphics output of the program so I can use algorithms to smoothly rescale them to fixed-resulot...

in popup window, checking if page in opener window
Hi, I have a little test script in a pop up window. The pop up page refreshes every 2 seconds. I want it to check with every refresh if a certain page (log3.htm) is loaded in the opener window. If that is the case, another page (log4.htm) must be loaded in the opener window. In pop up page: <script> <!-- if (opener.location.href="log3.htm") {opener.location.replace("log4.htm")} //--> </script> But it aint working :( What happens is that the condition doesn't work, because with *any* page in the opener window, it is replaced immediately with log4.htm when the pop up refreshes - log4.htm should only be loaded automatically when log3htm is in the opnener window. So pop up and opnener parent do communicate.. but just not as I'd like them. Anyone?? *&%$ Thnx In article <4210bed5$0$44109$5fc3050@dreader2.news.tiscali.nl>, matterDELminds@hotmail.com enlightened us with... >> > <script> > <!-- > if (opener.location.href="log3.htm") Fundamental error. = == The first assigns. The second compares. if (opener.location.href=="log3.htm") -- -- ~kaeli~ The more ridiculous a belief system, the higher probability of its success. http://www.ipwebdesign.net/wildAtHeart http://www.ipwebdesign.net/kaelisSpace JPL Verhey wrote: > if (opener.location.href="log3.htm") The comparison operator is "==", not "=". > {opener.location.r...

Windows Help program (WinHlp32.exe) for Windows 8
I have an older design program that I need to open the help package. I found this page at MS.com and tried downloading an executable for my Win8 machine. But it seems this will only run on a 32 bit OS and I'm running 64 bits. Any suggestions? -- Rick On Thu, 04 Jun 2015 17:04:55 -0400, rickman <gnuarm@gmail.com> wrote: >I have an older design program that I need to open the help package. I >found this page at MS.com and tried downloading an executable for my >Win8 machine. But it seems this will only run on a 32 bit OS and I'm >running 64 ...

Docking windows... in Windows
I'm using the Windows version in Windows 7. There's an option in each window to "Lock tab to dock", but I don't see anything occurring. They just sit there and float like they were before. What behavior should be occurring, and what if anything am I doing wrong? Also, has anyone used a recent version of Visual Studio? I like how you can drag a window to one of the edges of the screen or leave it floating. The user interface for dragging the windows is also real easy to use and makes everything real obvious and clear to the user. ...

Re: Windows Help (Windows .dll error) #2
You normally can't download dlls since they are the same as an exe and are most often sold. You need to reinstall the application that contains that dll/exe. http://www.processlibrary.com/directory/files/bcmwltry/ Since it is a driver, if you don't have the original setup, I would go to the manufacturers website and download the driver if available. Alan Alan Churchill Savian www.savian.net -----Original Message----- From: SAS(r) Discussion [mailto:SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] On Behalf Of SAS_learner Sent: Monday, November 24, 2008 8:46 PM To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: OT: Windows Help (Windows .dll error) Hello _all_ , I am sorry for posting this topic here as I am not sure where to post it. I googled a lot still was not sure where to download a .dll for this error ( any trusted website to download .dll files) . Recently I have deleted couple of programs from my personnel laptop, I do not know in that process I have deleted something that is resulting in a windows error Pop up "bcmwltry.exe -Ordinal Not found ---- The Oridinal 968 could not be located in the dynamic link Library LIBEAY32.dll ". Does any body have seen this error if so how did you make it go thanks SL ...

Help:[signal problems in windows]
I compiled and linked this program in the vc6.0,I find program didn't go to handle_signal() when singnal SIGUSR1 and SIGUAR2 was raised,why? Thank you very much! ------------------------------------------------------------------- #include "ace/Signal.h" // Listing 1 code/ch11 class MySignalHandler : public ACE_Event_Handler { public: MySignalHandler (int signum) : signum_(signum) { } virtual ~MySignalHandler() { } virtual int handle_signal (int signum, siginfo_t * = 0, ucontext_t * = 0) { ACE_TRACE (ACE_TEXT ("MySignalHandler::handle_signal")); // Make sure the right handler was called back. ACE_ASSERT (signum == this->signum_); ACE_DEBUG ((LM_DEBUG, ACE_TEXT ("%S occured\n"), signum)); return 0; } private: int signum_; }; int ACE_TMAIN (int, ACE_TCHAR *[]) { MySignalHandler h1 (SIGUSR1), h2 (SIGUSR2); ACE_Sig_Handler handler; handler.register_handler (SIGUSR1, &h1); handler.register_handler (SIGUSR2, &h2); ACE_OS::kill (ACE_OS::getpid (), SIGUSR1); ACE_OS::kill (ACE_OS::getpid (), SIGUSR2); int time = 10; while ((time = ACE_OS::sleep (time)) == -1) { if (errno == EINTR) continue; else { ACE_ERROR_RETURN ((LM_ERROR, ACE_TEXT ("%p\n"), ACE_TEXT ("...

Windows, Windows everywhere
where do I see Windows? In my car (GPS) In my house (3 laptops) In my banks (all 3 of them where I bank) In the grocery stores (Point of Sale systems) In the airport (reservations and ticketing) In the doctor's office (appointments and bookkeeping) In my dentist's office (appointments and bookkeeping) At the car dealership (repair shop reservations and billing) At the Vail lift ticket sales window (Point of Sale systems) In my customer's offices (enterprise apps) In the university (faculty, students and administration) in other words, everywhere. Where do I see Macs? A few lonely laptops... Must be that 97% of the world is totally stupid and only 3% is "enlightened". TT In article <32d29944-0164-4716-927e-2be8386d6c0b@s20g2000yqh.googlegroups.com>, Tommy Troll <tom_elam@earthlink.net> wrote: > Where do I see Windows? > > In my car (GPS) > In my house (3 laptops) > In my banks (all 3 of them where I bank) > In the grocery stores (Point of Sale systems) > In the airport (reservations and ticketing) > In the doctor's office (appointments and bookkeeping) > In my dentist's office (appointments and bookkeeping) > At the car dealership (repair shop reservations and billing) > At the Vail lift ticket sales window (Point of Sale systems) > In my customer's offices (enterprise apps) > In the university (faculty, students and administration) > > In other words, everywhere. > > ...

Windows is named Windows : But Why?
http://thehmccompany.com/2015/06/19/windows-is-named-windows-but-why/ Quoting from the URL above: The following was taken from a Microsoft corporate blog designed to document the history of Microsoft. When I joined Microsoft as Vice President of Corporate Communications, I came from the cosmetics / skin care industry where perception (branding) was far more important than reality. The branding strategy for Microsoft Corporation & the specific names for the products (which was part of the company branding strategy) came from the original branding strategy ...

windows 2000 and windows xp networking problem with athentication
i am trying to do a peer to peer with a windows 2000 machine and a xp corp machine. i can see the machines in my network places, but when i try to connect to the xp machine it ask for username and password, we have usernames and passwords set up for both machines , they are the same ones we use to log onto our own machines. they both have admin rights. when we put in the username and password and hit ok it just ask for it again and doesnt connect..we are both connected to a router for my cable connection..the firewall allows acces from our ip's..any help..thanks rh_nayan@msn.com (Rakib Hassan) wrote in message news:<1a0a9065.0309020146.582df00f@posting.google.com>... > news:<60f42cdd.0309011214.6f20358a@posting.google.com>... > Hi guys, > you must got problems in sharing permissions.if it doesnt work then > make a dc(win2000)and make the xp pc its(dc's) client.i hope it will > work. check your registry settings HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Lsa Maybe there is a key FORCEGUEST, if yes, edit the value to 0 Just insert the XP CD choose preform other tasks and click set up network, follow the wizzard and it'll sort it out (worked for me) XP is against manual settings obviously. Do it with both machines (yes its legal, even recomended by MS - see wizzard) and you will be fine. Tarl ...

Windows 2000, Windows 98 dual boot problem
Hello, I have 60 gig WD drive which is partitioned into 5 gig, 35 gig, and 20 gig. 5 gig is in FAT32 with Windows 98 is installed. 35 gig partition is in NTFS with Windows 2000 installed. 20 gig partition will be used for RH Linux and is in FAT32 as of now. The problem that I am running into is that I get inaccessible_boot_device error after installing SP2. BTW, I am running EZBIOS to get my hard drive recognized as 60 gig instead of 30 gig. Your help is much appreciated. -Steve ...

Windows NT 4.0 Command Window Problem
For some strange reason the other day I noticed that the command windows (cmd.exe) will not open properly on one of our NT 4.0 servers. I noticed that the cmd.exe process shows up in the process list, but the window never opens. I have tried logging out and back in, but still the same problem occurs. I realize that a reboot would probably clear up the problem, but I wanted to find out if there is a way to correct it without resorting to a reboot since it is our e-mail server. Is there some other process which may be hung up, or crashed to create this problem? Is there anything I c...

window-handlers on windows
hi (this is my first post to this ng; so if it is the wrong ng, please direct me to the one i need...) my problem not necessarily bound to C++ (but could also be C), but since my application is in C++, i post it here. i want to draw from application A into a window that has been created by an application B (in my case: i want to render an openGL-scene into a a browser-window) under linux i can get a handle of type "Window" from the Xserver, into which i can draw (assumed that i have permissions) under windows the only such handle i have found is HWND, which is a pointer to a ...

Session problem with new IE browser window from window.open()
Hello, I am running into this strange session invalid issue when I open a new browser window using javascript's window.open(). I have a portlet running on Jetspeed portal. I have two different links on this portal which point to two different applications running on two "different" ports on an application server. On click of each link I invoke window.open() with the URL for that link and it invokes a child browser with that URL. Now, when I click both the links from the parent window, I am able to open 2 different browser windows but when I try to access the applications in these...

Problem Window width/Window Level for 16 bit image
Hai Everybody In my viewer when ever i open a 12-16 bit image. when the image load on to viewer i apply the default window width window level. But it does not apply properly. I get a blur image in the viewer. I have applied the same formula which was mentioned in the IOD 04v06_03 C.11.2.1.2 that was also not working. The formular which we apply are int maxPixelValue = (samplesPerPixel * 8) - 1; maxInputRange = (int) (Math.pow(2, maxPix) - 1); int maxOutputRange=255; LookupTableJAI currentLUT = createLookupTable(maxInputRange, maxOutputRange, window, level); RenderedImage destination = JAI.create("lookup", source, currentLUT); ParameterBlock pb = new ParameterBlock(); pb.addSource(destination); pb.add(DataBuffer.TYPE_BYTE); destination = JAI.create("format", pb, null); //creates the lookuptable public static LookupTableJAI createLookupTable(int maxInputRange, int maxOutputRange, int window, int level) { int minOutputRange = 0; int midWindow = (int) (window / 2); int windowStart = level - midWindow; int windowEnd = level + midWindow; if (windowStart <= 0) { windowStart = 0; } if (windowStart > maxInputRange) { windowStart = maxInputRange; } if (windowEnd < 0) { windowEnd = 0; } if (windowEnd > maxInputRange) { windowEn...

connection problem to sql 2000 on windows 2003 from Windows 95
Hi all, I have a Windows 2003 server, which is also a terminal server for application, with sql 2000 installed. My company has developed an application that uses SQL 2000 as its database. The application is a client/server one. In each client computer there's a link to the application on the server. There is no problem with Windows 98, Windows 2000 pro, Windows xp pro clients, but the windows 95 ones cannot log in to the database. The log of the application shows the following error: connection error -2147467259. Cannot open database requested in login 'database name'. Login fails. Till a week ago the application was running on a Windows 2000 server with SQL 2000 install and the W95 clients had no problem connecting to the database, so my guess is the error has something to do with Windows 2003 server, but what'causing the error? I tried to install a newer version of MDAC (MDAC 2.5, the last version of MDAC you can install on W95)but with no success. By the way W95 clients have no problem accessing shared folder on the Windows 2003 server. Any idea? Thanks Marino [posted and mailed, please reply in news] Marino (mmagi@itconsult.it) writes: > I have a Windows 2003 server, which is also a terminal server for > application, with sql 2000 installed. My company has developed an > application that uses SQL 2000 as its database. The application is a > client/server one. In each client computer there's a link to the > application on the server. ...

Windows NT vs Windows 2000 vs Windows XP
Hi, I am pretty ignorant when it comes to computers. I posted in another thread that I just purchased a used computer for close to nothing. I have an old windows NT workstation which I plan on installing. My question is : A friend of mine can sell me a Windows 2000 or Windows XP license for cheap. Is there any reason I need to spend $40 to buy any one of these two operating systems for an old Pentium II computer, instead of a free windows NT workstation system that I already have ? For general home use : access internet, typing documents, etc, is there any difference in us...

Help! Windows 2003 Startup Problem
I have Windows 2003 Standard Build 3790 SP1 and downloaded the MS Oct security updates WindowsServer2003-KB904706-x86-ENU.exe WindowsServer2003-KB902400-x86-ENU.exe WindowsServer2003-KB896688-x86-ENU.exe After installtion and reboot, I got "At least one service or driver failed during system startup". Then I logon and got error about Explorer.exe "The instruction at 0x77ddb69b referenced memory at 0x0101364a...". I clicked on OK button to terminate the program, then nothing show up. I use Ctrl+Alt+Del to bring up cmd shell, run compmgmt.msc to view event log and services. Event log says SAM Error 12291. I try to start SAM and it prompts "Error 1068: The dependecy service or group failed to start". I then try to start RPC and it says "Error 127: The specified procedure could not be found". I run appwiz.cpl and try to uninstall the three updates, but the uninstall hang at step 1 "Inspecting Current Configuration" and never proceed. I also tried safe mode and boot from CD, no luck at all. If anyone has a clue, please let me know how I can get out of this mess. Thanks! ...

Windows 2000 Server Problem -- HELP!!!
I upgraded our company's Nt Server to Windows 2000 server. As soon as the upgrade was complete, log-on became painfully slow(2-3 minutes). Workstations (XP) now lock-up when accessing mapped drives or other shared recources. Any help would be appreciated! Gary W. Conner wrote: > I upgraded our company's Nt Server to Windows 2000 server. As soon as the > upgrade was complete, log-on became painfully slow(2-3 minutes). > Workstations (XP) now lock-up when accessing mapped drives or other shared > recources. Any help would be appreciated! Never, never, upgrade a Micro...

Web resources about - Urgent - Need Help. Windows Problem - comp.windows.misc

The Windows Blog

Apple announces 9.7 inch iPad Pro, targeting existing iPad and Windows users
As part of its media event, Apple has announced a new 9.7 inch version of the iPad Pro from $599 . It features much of the same internals as ...

This is Android N’s freeform window mode
"Freeform Window Mode" running on the Android N Developer Preview. 11 more images in gallery Last week we wrote about the " Freeform Window ...

Manage, move and resize your desktop windows with WinDock
... behave just as it always did. If you don’t need WinDock’s configurability, AquaSnap delivers improved snapping, and a lot of extras: window ...

The only Windows 10 tablet you should even consider is now cheaper than ever
... means people who have purchased it over the past nine months have spent their money wisely. On the other hand, it means that Microsoft's Windows ...

Apple thinks you'll replace your Windows PC with one of its new iPads
... isn't shy about using it to steal away Microsoft users. "You might not know this, but the majority of iPad Pro users are coming from a Windows ...

What to expect from Windows 10 migrations
Process changes spurred by Windows 10 servicing model will test IT more than tech-related migration issues.

Android N has a “Freeform” Desktop-Style Floating App Window Mode
As it turns out, Google’s Multi-Window in Android N isn’t the only new multi-tasking functionality the Android team has added. If you read closely ...