What is a "reserved domain"?

I tried to register with  Microsoft live.  They asked for me email
address which I typed in (xxx@verizon.net).  They rejected me with the
message 'The portion of your e-mail address that follows the @ symbol is
part of a   "reserved domain" such as live.com, hotmail.com or
passport.com. Please type a different e-mail address.'

I have several e-mail addresses but all are on verizon.net.  For some
reason Microsoft appears to dislike "verizon.net" because each of my
addresses elicits the same response.

Could anyone enlighten me about what this is all about?
0
Tom
3/14/2009 10:31:07 PM
comp.windows.misc 3201 articles. 1 followers. Post Follow

On Saturday, March 14, 2009 3:31:07 PM UTC-7, Tom Spence wrote:
> I tried to register with  Microsoft live.  They asked for me email
> address which I typed in (xxx@verizon.net).  They rejected me with the
> message 'The portion of your e-mail address that follows the @ symbol is
> part of a   "reserved domain" such as live.com, hotmail.com or
> passport.com. Please type a different e-mail address.'
>
> I have several e-mail addresses but all are on verizon.net.  For some
> reason Microsoft appears to dislike "verizon.net" because each of my
> addresses elicits the same response.
>
> Could anyone enlighten me about what this is all about?

Did you ever find out why it said that to you?
did you ever find out why it said that to you? im trying to create an email acount and it saying that and i cant find it anywhere on the web so i am certain its non exsistent
On 26/09/2012 03:41, ahampton44@gmail.com wrote:
> On Saturday, March 14, 2009 3:31:07 PM UTC-7, Tom Spence wrote:
>> I tried to register with  Microsoft live.  They asked for me email
>> address which I typed in (xxx@verizon.net).  They rejected me with the
>> message 'The portion of your e-mail address that follows the @ symbol is
>> part of a   "reserved domain" such as live.com, hotmail.com or
>> passport.com. Please type a different e-mail address.'
>>
>> I have several e-mail addresses but all are on verizon.net.  For some
>> reason Microsoft appears to dislike "verizon.net" because each of my
>> addresses elicits the same response.
>>
>> Could anyone enlighten me about what this is all about?
>
> Did you ever find out why it said that to you?

Given the other examples, they're owned/managed by Microsoft.
Presumably, they are reserved to stop you using anpther live account as
the "backup" for a live account.

Verizon may count the same as they're transitory/ISP controlled addresses.
Maybe they want something more permanent.

--
Deanna Earley (dee.earley@icode.co.uk)
i-Catcher Development Team

iCode Systems

(Replies direct to my email address will be ignored. Please reply to the
group.)
0
Deanna
9/26/2012 9:30:19 AM
I can't sign in or sign up under my email calltelly24hours@yahoo.com can you tell me how then to access  Microsoft account?
Thank you
Deanna Ntzouras
0
calltelly24hours
2/24/2014 12:23:29 AM
On 24/02/2014 00:23, calltelly24hours@gmail.com wrote:
> I can't sign in or sign up under my email calltelly24hours@yahoo.com can you tell me how then to access  Microsoft account?
> Thank you
> Deanna Ntzouras

Sign up to what?
If it's Microsoft Live/Outlook.com then you would be best to ask their
support services.

--
Deanna Earley (dee.earley@icode.co.uk)
iCatcher Development Team
http://www.icode.co.uk/icatcher/

iCode Systems

(Replies direct to my email address will be printed, shredded then fed
to the rats. Please reply to the group.)
0
Deanna
2/24/2014 9:03:16 AM
Hi.
I keep getting a failed log in, try later for MS, try to re-register but it says my email address is a reserved domain, @Hotmail.co.uk.

I CAN'T LOG ON TO MS TO ASK THEIR SUPPORT SERVICES which is us on forums anyway as they are cheap so tried Googling it.

And NO to anyone suggesting a new email address, had mine for years and just do not intend to change it, why should I.

So does anyone know what a reserved domain is?
Does anyone know why me and apparently others can't get into our MS account?
0
stephenmorters
1/21/2016 9:37:09 PM
Please can you tell me what a reserved domain is I have had my email address for years at live.co.uk but now can't access it and keep getting this message Please advise
0
bradymaureen376

"""""""""ADD ME""""""""""

"If then; if then;" and "If then; if;"

"out" and "in out"

Stop SPAM "From: Me@My.Domain" "To: Me@My.Domain"
How can I stop SPAM mail at my mail server that is Spoofed to look like it is from and internal user to a internal user. I have been receiving viruses from emails that have been spoofed to look like someone internal sent them. looking at the headers I can see it came from the Internet. Bossard wrote: > How can I stop SPAM mail at my mail server that is Spoofed to look like it > is from and internal user to a internal user. > > I have been receiving viruses from emails that have been spoofed to look > like someone internal sent them. looking at the headers I can see it cam...

why "::", not "."

about "++" and "--"

"my" and "our"

"or" and "and"

"/a" is not "/a" ?

a variable "a" and "window.a" ??
i saw a code refactorying onload event listener window.onloadListeners=new Array(); window.addOnLoadListener=function(listener) { window.onloadListeners[window.onloadListeners.length]=listener; } why declare the onloadListeners, addOnLoadListener below window? i think bare "afunc" and "window.afunc" are same thing and available both way. is there a difference? On Jan 26, 12:51 pm, "gg9h0st" <mn9h...@hotmail.com> wrote: > i saw a code refactorying onload event listener > > window.onloadListeners=new Array(); > window.addOnLoadListener=f...

"In" "Out" and "Trash"

A problem about "[ ]" "( )" "="

Algorithm for "Windows Center" and "Windows Width"
Hi I got the Dicom Image From Raw Data Without Applying "WIndows Center" and "Windows Width".Could You Tell me How I can Apply this things For Brightness,Contrast,and for getting Hounsfield Unit.I tried To search Algoritnm for that but i cannot get appropriate solution. If any body have solution or idea please share with me. regards Neeraj Kumar Hello Neeraj, The Hounsfield Values are not affected by the Center/Window (C/W) settings, these are affected by "Rescale Intercept" and "Rescale Slope". C/W tells you, which values have been...

Why do we need "check" "call" "misc" in PLI?
Hi, When PLI is uded in VCS or other simulator, we can define 3 functions for one custom system call in Verilog ("check" "call" "misc"). Why do we need "check" "call" "misc" in PLI? Since only one system call, we only need to associate one function with it, right? Thanks, Lee wrote: > Hi, > > When PLI is uded in VCS or other simulator, we can define 3 functions > for one custom system call in Verilog ("check" "call" "misc"). Why do > we need "check" "call&q...

"windows socket" and "datasocket"
I'm developing a LabVIEW application, that needs to communicate with another application, developed in C++. This C++ application uses windows socket. How can I communicate with this application? If I use the TCP functions in labVIEW I can communicate with this application? Thank you very much Esther.Lopez wrote: > I'm developing a LabVIEW application, that needs to communicate with > another application, developed in C++. This C++ application uses > windows socket. > How can I communicate with this application? If I use the TCP > functions in labVIEW I can communicate w...

Why "window.alert()" over "alert()"?
While reading c.l.j, I've noticed that some people prefer and indeed even recommend the use of "window.alert()" over "alert()". I can't find any technical reason to make this distinction, and seems to have a (tiny) amount overhead since window itself points to the global object, hence, a circular reference. (From everything I am reading, window is just a REFERENCE back to the global object, as opposed to a separate object.) Which brings me to two ideas: a) Either I am wrong, and window is really its own augmented object through a grammar I don't follow ...

Hello Partners, How are you ? Please find the requirement below. Location : NY Duration : 8 mnths Rate :Open Job description: Java/J2EE Web Service Developer =B7 (4+ years of application development experience in Java/J2EE and Web service technologies. =B7 Experience with spring & Hibernate. =B7 Experience with J2EE Application Server (preferably Web logic). =B7 Preferable Aqua logic DSP Experience =B7 Preferable Sonic ESB Composite Service experience Experience w...

Question about "sprintf" "@" "do for"

Web resources about - What is a "reserved domain"? - comp.windows.misc