Windows 2003 Server Map Drive to Novell Server

I am attempting to map a drive from a W2K3 Server, which is used as a
Terminal Server, to a Novell Netware 5.x server.  I cannot see the
Novell server from the Windows Network Neighborhood, nor can I seem to
manually map to it using the UNC naming conventions.  Any ideas?
0
dfg1507 (1)
10/29/2003 9:33:07 PM
comp.windows.misc 3202 articles. 1 followers. Post Follow

i've got the same problem

David Gadway wrote:

> I am attempting to map a drive from a W2K3 Server, which is used as a
> Terminal Server, to a Novell Netware 5.x server.  I cannot see the
> Novell server from the Windows Network Neighborhood, nor can I seem to
> manually map to it using the UNC naming conventions.  Any ideas?

0
erinoe (1)
11/1/2003 6:32:09 PM
dfg@gfc.com (David Gadway) wrote in message news:<1aa66edc.0310291333.78f3378f@posting.google.com>...

> I am attempting to map a drive from a W2K3 Server, which is used as a
> Terminal Server, to a Novell Netware 5.x server.  I cannot see the
> Novell server from the Windows Network Neighborhood, nor can I seem to
> manually map to it using the UNC naming conventions.  Any ideas?

These newsgroups might be helpful:

microsoft.public.windows.server.general
microsoft.public.windows.server.networking

application server on windows server 2003
Hi I am developing a client server application a small component of which should open a terminal window with an application (say AutoCAD) running on it on the server. All clients should be able to view this application on their respective machines. Can anyone suggest if I can use any existing services for this ? For opening a terminal window in Server 2003 I found that I can use Remote Desktop Connection. However I think I need something like a VNC server but am not sure what or how to use. Can anyone suggest as to how I can proceed for this ? Any help/hints/suggestions would be appre...

application server on windows server 2003
Hi I am developing a client server application a small component of which should open a terminal window with an application (say AutoCAD) running on it on the server. All clients should be able to view this application on their respective machines. Can anyone suggest if I can use any existing services for this ? For opening a terminal window in Server 2003 I found that I can use Remote Desktop Connection. However I think I need something like a VNC server but am not sure what or how to use. Can anyone suggest as to how I can proceed for this ? Any help/hints/suggestions would be appre...

mail server on windows server 2003
Hi Gurus I would like to run a mail server on 2003 that does the following: 1. collect emails from several other mail servers (e.g. mail.myisp.com) using the pop3 method. 2. allow people connected to the servers domain/network to - send emails from their outlook program - receive emails in their outlook program - send emails locally (without going through our ISP) to other people who are connected to the server (e.g. from Jo to Mike who are both connected to the server domain). My questions are: 1. can MS Windows Server do this, OR 2. would you recommend a program f...

Service doesn't see mapped drive on Windows server 2003
Hi all, I have application which is running as service on Windows server 2003. At some point application has to copy file from mapped drive to local disk. CopyFile returns error: "The system cannot find the path specified". The same scenario works perfectly on Windows Server 2000. Now, if I specify file which need to be copied, using UNC \\server\sharedfolder\file, then service on Win2003 has no problem to copy it. But there is situation when I have to use only mapped drive. So I read several threads in this forum about similar problem, but didn't find solution/answer yet. I really hope on your help or explanation why Win2000 can do this, but not Win2003. My service is running in local user account, not in Local System or Local Service. Thanks in advance. Regards, Genady ...

Multiples Instance of SQL server 2000/SQL server 7.0 on Windows server 2003
Hi, Is it possible to install on a Windows server 2003, SQL SERVER 2000 in the folowing configuration : SQL server 7.0 as a default Instance and SQL server 2000 as a named instance. Thanks for your answer. riless (g.carali@voila.fr) writes: > Is it possible to install on a Windows server 2003, > SQL SERVER 2000 in the folowing configuration : > > SQL server 7.0 as a default Instance > > and > > SQL server 2000 as a named instance. If SQL 7 can be installed on Win2003, yes. But I would not really expect SQL 7 to be welcome on Windows 2003, although I don't know for sure. If it installs, it may still noe be supported. For SQL 2000 you need SP3 to run on Win 2003. That I know. -- Erland Sommarskog, SQL Server MVP, esquel@sommarskog.se Books Online for SQL Server SP3 at http://www.microsoft.com/sql/techinfo/productdoc/2000/books.asp ...

SQL Server 2000 and Windows Server 2003
I have several database on a Windows Server 2003. I re-registered this SQL server, which is local, and after that I cannot see any of the databases in the Enterprise Manager. The databases still work, since my applications work fine. I have no clue how can I make these databases visible in Enterprise Manager. I tried registering this SQL Server in Enterprise Manager under Windows accounts and SQL Server accounts. Nothing works. Can anybody help? df (df@df.com) writes: > I have several database on a Windows Server 2003. I re-registered this > SQL server, which is local, and after that I cannot see any of the > databases in the Enterprise Manager. The databases still work, since my > applications work fine. I have no clue how can I make these databases > visible in Enterprise Manager. I tried registering this SQL Server in > Enterprise Manager under Windows accounts and SQL Server accounts. I have no idea, but my guess is that you registered as a user that does not have permission to these databases, and not as a user that has admin priviledges. -- Erland Sommarskog, SQL Server MVP, esquel@sommarskog.se Books Online for SQL Server SP3 at http://www.microsoft.com/sql/techinfo/productdoc/2000/books.asp df wrote: > I have several database on a Windows Server 2003. I re-registered this SQL > server, which is local, and after that I cannot see any of the databases in > the Enterprise Manager. The databases still work, since my applications work &g...

Windows server 2003 small business server
Hello, I have installed SBS but am having problems with remote connectivity and firewalls. I am looking for an expert or someone who is quite familiar with the Small Business Server 2003. Am willing to pay for consulting if needed. Thanks shri please reply to shri at bthelpers.com (replace the at) ...

Windows Server 2003 as file server slow?
I have setup the following: Server - Windows 2003 server standard edition, 2GB Ram, 1000BT network card PC - Windows XP, 1GB Ram, 1000BT network card Notebook - WIndows XP, 768MB Ram, 100BT network (build in) All three are connected to an 8 port gigabit switch which is connected to a Broadband Router/FW device which connects to an ADSL modem to connect to the internet. * All three computers have setup network shares. * user on the Server initiates file copy to PC shared drive: very fast * user on the Server initiates file copy from PC shared drive: very fast * user on PC initiate...

Windows server 2003 small business server
Hello, I have installed SBS but am having problems with remote connectivity and firewalls. I am looking for an expert or someone who is quite familiar with the Small Business Server 2003. Am willing to pay for consulting if needed. Thanks shri please reply to shri at bthelpers.com (replace the at) ...

Need your expertise in SQL Server and Windows Server 2003
Ei guys I�m Ryan from Philippines, I need your advice and recommendations about Windows 2003 Server and SQL Server 2000 installation. Well, here�s the scenario. First is for windows 2003 server: We have a windows 2003 server that is a Logon Server and we have at least 90 workstation here in our office to manage. The problem is when we connect to this logon server. It takes 15 to 20 minutes to connect the workstation to the server. My guess is the specs of the logon server. This is the Specs: An IBM computer with a pentium IV 3.0GHz processor, 512MB memory and a 40Gig Harddisk. Well, is that enough to be a logon server? What is the minimum requirements? Second, SQL Server: My boss wants me to setup a SQL Server in a Dell computer with 2.8GHz, a 512mb of memory and a 80Gig Harddisk. My question is also the same, Is it enough requirement? And another thing, my boss wants me to install a SQL Server right? Well he said that I should install it in the two partition, that�s Partition C: and D: (of course this is a dual OS of both Server 2003), so that�s two SQL server in one harddisk. His Strategy is to backup the database from C to D and if in case the server in C: went down then the other SQL (which is in D: drive) will start its operation. Is this the right thing to do for SQL server, I mean is this the proper way of doing things in SQL Server Administration? Is there any complications on this? Please guys, I need your advice and expertise about this incident. Thanks in Adva...

Novell drive on windows 2000 server
Hi all, not even sure if this is the correct forum for this q, but here goes (if its not could you please direct me to one!) I have a server-side vb script that will list all files/folders for a given drive on my Windows 2000 intranet server. One of these drives is mapped over from a Novell server (this drive is already mapped on everyone's PC). The script runs fine (in an ASP page) when run locally at the server, however when a client (Intranet user) accesses the page there is a permissions error. The script works fine on the client for other Intranet drives (that are shared ...

Deployment of SNMP on all windows devices, windows XP , 2003 server
I was thinking one could use VBS or a login script to install SNMP components and services, using something like psexec. the client computers are windows xp pro with limited user accounts. And a few windows 2003 servers. Any one have any ideas? ...

Deployment of SNMP on all windows devices, windows XP , 2003 server
I was thinking one could use VBS or a login script to install SNMP components and services, using something like psexec. the client computers are windows xp pro with limited user accounts. And a few windows 2003 servers. Any one have any ideas? ...

How to configure Filemaker Server 7 advanced and windows Server 2003
Hello, I'm really frustrated because I've bought Filemaker Pro 7 Server Advanced and Windows Server 2003 ($$$!!!) and I'm not able to configure all of this (for months now). There are just to many possibilities and I just don't know what to enter. The manuals aren't clear (as usual with filemaker). Is there somebody who can tell me how to configure step by step Windows Server 2003 on one hand and Filemaker Server Advanced on the other so that I can serve filemaker files over the internet which anables me to login remotely (using Filemaker pro 7) to access my Filemak...

Drive enumeration problem in Windows Server 2003
I have a client who has a Windows Server 2003 system with two RAIDs. One is internal to the computer and serves as the C-drive and the other is supposed to be used for data capture using proprietary software. Their application software � which they have only in binary form � was designed to �protect� the C-drive from being written to and only writes to Drive1 � using, I believe, a proprietary SCSI driver. Unfortunately the system, when powered on, enumerates the drives as follows: internal drive C: Drive1 external raid ...

Mapping local drives to Windows Terminal Server
I am logging on to a remote Windows Terminal Server from my home compute via Internet Explorer 6. Is there a way of making my home computer's disk drives visible (preferably by mapping to a drive letter) from within the Terminal Server session? When I have used Citrix servers, this is set up by default. Thanks in advance Chris No TS doesn't provide this functionality. You can cut and paste from your desktop into a terminal session if you load two files from the resource pack. "Chris Jack" <chris_jack@msn.com> wrote in message news:648c9f62.0306260742...

How do I remotely access Scheduled Tasks from Windows XP to Windows Server 2003?
How can I access and manipulate Scheduled Tasks in Windows using Python? I have a Windows XP workstation running Python 2.4.4 using the win32all modules to control the windows services on multiple Windows 2003 servers. It works great. However, I also need to remotely collect the settings for the scheduled tasks (on those same Windows 2003 servers) and then manipulate those task settings. At the very least, I need to find out which ones are enabled and then be able to disable and re-enable those tasks at will. It would be better to be able to also detect the account each task runs as so that I could only disable selected tasks, but I'll any help I can get. Thanks, "kj7ny" wrote: > How can I access and manipulate Scheduled Tasks in Windows using > Python? > > I have a Windows XP workstation running Python 2.4.4 using the > win32all modules to control the windows services on multiple Windows > 2003 servers. It works great. > > However, I also need to remotely collect the settings for the > scheduled tasks (on those same Windows 2003 servers) and then > manipulate those task settings. > > At the very least, I need to find out which ones are enabled and then > be able to disable and re-enable those tasks at will. It would be > better to be able to also detect the account each task runs as so that > I could only disable selected tasks, but I'll any help I can get. > > Thanks, > Pywin32 comes with a ...

Application Server 10g (10.1.3) on Windows 2003 Server
Hi, It's my first post here. I'm trying to install AS on W2k3 but on the final screen an error occure: Configuration assistant "OPMN Configuration Assistant" failed. What should i do? I have no experience with AS. Thx for any help. vartan kamilwojcik82@gmail.com wrote: > Hi, > It's my first post here. I'm trying to install AS on W2k3 but on the > final screen an error occure: > Configuration assistant "OPMN Configuration Assistant" failed. > What should i do? I have no experience with AS. Thx for any help. > vartan Read the installation log file and find out why. -- Daniel Morgan University of Washington Puget Sound Oracle Users Group On 30 Sep 2006 13:52:39 -0700, kamilwojcik82@gmail.com wrote: >Hi, >It's my first post here. I'm trying to install AS on W2k3 but on the >final screen an error occure: >Configuration assistant "OPMN Configuration Assistant" failed. >What should i do? I have no experience with AS. Thx for any help. >vartan If the *configuration assistant* failed (so the installation is OK), look in %ORACLE_HOME%\cfgtoollogs and/or %ORACLE_HOME%\opmn\logs -- Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA ...

MS SQL Server 7.0 SP4 on Windows 2003 Server.
My regards for all on this NG! My client need to use Windows 2003 Server, but it have some databases and systems that use SQLServer 7.0 I need to know if MS SQL Server 7.0 can be instaled and if will run with no problems into Windows 2003 Server. Thanks a lot!! Lucio Lucio Chiessi [VORio] (lucio@vorio.eti.br) writes: > My regards for all on this NG! > > My client need to use Windows 2003 Server, but it have some databases > and systems that use SQLServer 7.0 > I need to know if MS SQL Server 7.0 can be instaled and if will run > with no problems into Windows 2003 Server. Microsoft does not support SQL 7.0 on Windows 2003. See further http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;810391. -- Erland Sommarskog, SQL Server MVP, esquel@sommarskog.se Books Online for SQL Server SP3 at http://www.microsoft.com/sql/techinfo/productdoc/2000/books.asp Thanks a lot for your response. We are upgrading to MSDE2K and working fine. Best Regards... Lucio Chiessi [VORio] (lucio@vorio.eti.br) writes: > Thanks a lot for your response. > We are upgrading to MSDE2K and working fine. Be sure to apply SP3, as this is required for Windows 2003. -- Erland Sommarskog, SQL Server MVP, esquel@sommarskog.se Books Online for SQL Server SP3 at http://www.microsoft.com/sql/techinfo/productdoc/2000/books.asp ...

To have SQL Server 2000 + 2005 working on a single windows 2003 server
hi all. Can i have two instalation of SQL 2000 and SQL 2005 in a single server WIN 2003 as programs seperate, without i have=B4nt conflict ? If el anwser is Yes, What it is the order of instalation and what prevention will do? Thank you for you help. Bye. Am Wed, 01 Aug 2007 20:28:43 -0700 schrieb fhernandezve@gmail.com: > hi all. > > Can i have two instalation of SQL 2000 and SQL 2005 in a single server > WIN 2003 as programs seperate, without i have�nt conflict ? > > If el anwser is Yes, What it is the order of instalation and what > prevention will do? > > Thank you for you help. > > Bye. Yes, i have SQL2000 and SQL2005 on the same server without problems. Installed 2000 first and 2005 second. Take care that instance names are different, you can't use the same instance name in 2000 and in 2005. bye, Helmut ...

Windows Script 5.7 for Windows 2000/XP/Server 2003
This post was originally made in microsoft.public.scripting.jscript by Michael Harris and I am reposting it here for the people who don't/can't subscribe to the microsoft groups. The original thread can be read here: <URL: http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.scripting.jscript/browse_frm/thread/91bd7c8dfe3c8a9f/a80a764bfb34d2ee#a80a764bfb34d2ee> Windows Script 5.7 for Windows 2000/XP/Server 2003 Download details: Windows Script 5.7 for Windows 2000 <http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=c03d3e49-b40e-4ca1-a0c7-cc135ec4d2be&displaylang=en&tm> Download details: Windows Script 5.7 for Windows XP <http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=47809025-d896-482e-a0d6-524e7e844d81&displaylang=en&tm> Download details: Windows Script 5.7 for Windows Server 2003 <http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=f00cb8c0-32e9-411d-a896-f2cd5ef21eb4&displaylang=en&tm> -- Randy Chance Favors The Prepared Mind comp.lang.javascript FAQ - http://jibbering.com/faq/index.html Javascript Best Practices - http://www.JavascriptToolbox.com/bestpractices/ In comp.lang.javascript message <fZ-dnUyF3KVAA1nbRVn_vw@giganews.com>, Thu, 16 Aug 2007 15:00:49, Randy Webb <HikksNotAtHome@aol.com> posted: >This post was originally made in microsoft.public.scripting.jscript by >Michael Harris and I am reposting it here for the people who >don't/can't subscribe to the...

WINDOWS XP PRO --> WINDOWS 2003 SERVER
Hello, I want to add to the domain a computer but I can't. Client PC with Windows XP Pro can only see itself and the same with the windows 2003 server. The ping doesn't work. Maybe the problems are the IP numbers? Hardware is correctly installed and appears in both computers the network icon working. Can someone help me? Thanks in advance. PeeWee You must get basic network TCP/IP connectivity working first. PING tests will help. Once that happens then try joining the PC to the domain. Can you describe your network and TCP/IP network addressing? ...

Windows 2003 server enterprise Vs Pervasive.Sql v9 for Nt server
If I use a server with 8 Gb of Ram with Os win 2003 server enterprise. Does it BeakThrough the windows limitation of 2 Gb ram for a users process for the cache memory. No. However, if you disable the L2 cache, kick the L1 cache up to a high value (such as 800MB), and enable the System Cache, you'll have better PSQL performance, since the OS will cache file data in the other 6GB of memory. Goldstar Software Inc. Pervasive-based Products, Training & Services Bill Bach BillBach@goldstarsoftware.com http://www.goldstarsoftware.com *** Chicago: Pervasive Service & Support Cla...

Web resources about - Windows 2003 Server Map Drive to Novell Server - comp.windows.misc

The Windows Blog

Apple announces 9.7 inch iPad Pro, targeting existing iPad and Windows users
As part of its media event, Apple has announced a new 9.7 inch version of the iPad Pro from $599 . It features much of the same internals as ...

This is Android N’s freeform window mode
"Freeform Window Mode" running on the Android N Developer Preview. 11 more images in gallery Last week we wrote about the " Freeform Window ...

Manage, move and resize your desktop windows with WinDock
... behave just as it always did. If you don’t need WinDock’s configurability, AquaSnap delivers improved snapping, and a lot of extras: window ...

The only Windows 10 tablet you should even consider is now cheaper than ever
... means people who have purchased it over the past nine months have spent their money wisely. On the other hand, it means that Microsoft's Windows ...

Apple thinks you'll replace your Windows PC with one of its new iPads
... isn't shy about using it to steal away Microsoft users. "You might not know this, but the majority of iPad Pro users are coming from a Windows ...

What to expect from Windows 10 migrations
Process changes spurred by Windows 10 servicing model will test IT more than tech-related migration issues.

Android N has a “Freeform” Desktop-Style Floating App Window Mode
As it turns out, Google’s Multi-Window in Android N isn’t the only new multi-tasking functionality the Android team has added. If you read closely ...