Windows NT4 - installing network printer

On some of our Windows NT4 and Windows 2000 machines, we are unable to
connect to the Windows 2000 server to install printers.

After selecting to install a network printer, we can see the Domain
under Microsoft Windows Network but not the print server beneath it.
This means that we have to install the printers using IP.

I have a feeling that there could be something in the registry, or
perhaps DNS or something, just not sure what.

Anyone have a clue on this?
comp.windows.misc 3202 articles. 1 followers. Post Follow

How to find Windows computers on Windows Network?
I want to use Ruby to scan a Windows network for a set of files and replace them if they are out of date. I have been using a Python script which uses win32net to find all the computers on my network. I cannot find similar functionality in ruby, at least so far. Does anyone know where this capabilty can be found in ruby? Thanks in advance. On Mon, 21 Aug 2006 21:45:08 -0400, h.trammel@insightbb.com <h.trammel@insightbb.com> wrote: > I want to use Ruby to scan a Windows network for a set of files and > replace them if they are out of date. I have been using a Python > s...

windows network printer
Hi everybody I'm sorry if this is a FAQ, but I kinda have a problem. at home I have set up a little network, and there is only one printer. this printer is installed as a network printer on a windows-machine. I am the only one at home with a debian-box, and I just cannot get the networkprinter to work at my machine. can anybody give me some clues, or is it better that I start searching for my own printer? thanks in advance Theo Vermeulen -- Theo Vermeulen theo@patat.org #EOF ...

LAN Networking with Windows XP and Windows 98
hello, I have 3 computers: 2x with Windows XP Professional installed 1x with Windows 98 SE installed. I have knowledge on how to set up a simple lan and the configuration I think is correct, but whenever I have all 3 computers connected to my 4 port 10/100 ethernet hub I always get a collision whenever all 3 are logged on.... All I do is disconnect one of the cables from the hub and it fixes the problem....But I should be able to have 3 PC's connected to a four port hub otherwise there is no point having 4 ports.... Should the NIC's be set to 100Mbps - Full duplex??? Because that is w...

Windows XP and Windows 98 Networking... Ugh...
Here is my problem, I have a Win 98 network, It works great with any computer as long as it is windows 98.. My friend has XP home and he can connect to my router and get on the internet, but file and print sharing doesn't work. I can see his computer on the network but I cant connect. I think it says something like the network path could not be found. I'm Just wondering if anybody could tell me what the trick is to networking xp... I know it has a lot of security features from NT and its probably something to do with my lack of knowledge of win nt. I havnt upgraded to xp yet...

LAN Networking with Windows XP and Windows 98
hello, I have 3 computers: 2x with Windows XP Professional installed 1x with Windows 98 SE installed. I have knowledge on how to set up a simple lan and the configuration I think is correct, but whenever I have all 3 computers connected to my 4 port 10/100 ethernet hub I always get a collision whenever all 3 are logged on.... All I do is disconnect one of the cables from the hub and it fixes the problem....But I should be able to have 3 PC's connected to a four port hub otherwise there is no point having 4 ports.... Should the NIC's be set to 100Mbps - Full duplex??? Because that is w...

windows 98Se and windows XP network help
I have a simple network involving a PC on XP and a laptop on 98SE being connected together via a ethernet switch. They can both each other's adress and get a reply via the command prompt, but neither can see the other in network neighbourhood. Any ideas?? Thanks Edward Fixed this too. edwardmluk@hotmail.com (Edward) wrote in message news:<5e8d667.0312300617.507186ac@posting.google.com>... > I have a simple network involving a PC on XP and a laptop on 98SE > being connected together via a ethernet switch. They can both each > other's adress and get a repl...

Centos XP windows network DHCP DNS Zonealarm Conflicts -> can talk linux to windows network OR www not both
Centos 5.1 Windows XPSP2 Zonealarm Firewall Standard Windows workgroup. Router with DHCP server. Set centos for DHCP Zonealarm off System works. Turn on Zonealarm on XP, Centos is blocked from contacting XP. Put Centos IP address into Zonealarm trusted zone. Everything works...until reboot when Centos gets a new IP. Don't know how to give Centos a traditional windows workgroup hostname that I can put into Zonealarm...no problem, just use fixed IP address. Bug in Centos 5.1: Fixed IP address fails to setup DNS. So, now I can't connect to the web. Is there a workaround to make all this work without breaking anything else on my windows workgroup? centos -> browse windows network centos -> surf www Windows Zonealarm Firewall enabled. ?? thanks,mike -- Return address is VALID! Bunch-O-Stuff Forsale Here: http://mike.liveline.de/sale.html On Thu, 05 Jun 2008 05:00:37 +0000, mike rearranged some electrons to say: > > Bug in Centos 5.1: Fixed IP address fails to setup DNS. So, now I can't > connect to the web. Uh, that's not a bug. If you're using a fixed IP address insread of DHCP, you have to tell it everything it would normally get from the DHCP server, including the IP address of your favorite DNS server (which your router gets from your ISP). PS: If you're still trying to run Linux inside a Virtual PC under Windoze (as I believe you were claiming to do in another newsgroup, against the advice of several people) then y...

Print through a windows network printer...
How can i print through a windows network printer from HP-UX (UNIX with SAM)... note: the unix computer is connected to the windows LAN and i want to use one of my LAN printers . "Osvaldo" <osmile_d@yahoo.com.mx> wrote in message news:bfce7208.0307311424.7f60aac7@posting.google.com... | How can i print through a windows network printer from HP-UX (UNIX | with SAM)... | note: the unix computer is connected to the windows LAN and i want to | use one of my LAN printers . On the Windows system that hosts the printer, go to: - control panel - add/remove software - windows compone...

Toolbar button to open Windows printer selection window
I created a new toolbar for my reports and need a button on it that opens (I'm not sure what the offical name of this window is) the Windows printer window where you can select which printer to print to and change the printer preferences, etc. I am using Access 2003. Is there a way to do this? Thanks, TD "TD" <dlee@adsi-sc.com> wrote in message news:1130290106.681248.308640@g43g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > I created a new toolbar for my reports and need a button on it that > opens (I'm not sure what the offical name of this window is) the > Windows printer window where you can select which printer to print to > and change the printer preferences, etc. I am using Access 2003. Is > there a way to do this? > > Thanks, > TD > Hi Right click a toolbar and select "Customize". If your custom toolbar is not visible, tick it in the Toolbars list to make it visible. Click on your "File" menu and drag the "Print" command from the File menu to your custom toolbar. Before dropping the Print command onto your toolbar, hold down the Ctrl key (this will make a copy of the command) and drop it onto your toolbar. Close the Costomize dialog box. Regards - Joe ...

windows 2000 and windows xp networking problem with athentication
i am trying to do a peer to peer with a windows 2000 machine and a xp corp machine. i can see the machines in my network places, but when i try to connect to the xp machine it ask for username and password, we have usernames and passwords set up for both machines , they are the same ones we use to log onto our own machines. they both have admin rights. when we put in the username and password and hit ok it just ask for it again and doesnt connect..we are both connected to a router for my cable connection..the firewall allows acces from our ip's..any help..thanks rh_nayan@msn.com (Rakib Hassan) wrote in message news:<1a0a9065.0309020146.582df00f@posting.google.com>... > news:<60f42cdd.0309011214.6f20358a@posting.google.com>... > Hi guys, > you must got problems in sharing permissions.if it doesnt work then > make a dc(win2000)and make the xp pc its(dc's) client.i hope it will > work. check your registry settings HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Lsa Maybe there is a key FORCEGUEST, if yes, edit the value to 0 Just insert the XP CD choose preform other tasks and click set up network, follow the wizzard and it'll sort it out (worked for me) XP is against manual settings obviously. Do it with both machines (yes its legal, even recomended by MS - see wizzard) and you will be fine. Tarl ...

Windows, Windows everywhere
where do I see Windows? In my car (GPS) In my house (3 laptops) In my banks (all 3 of them where I bank) In the grocery stores (Point of Sale systems) In the airport (reservations and ticketing) In the doctor's office (appointments and bookkeeping) In my dentist's office (appointments and bookkeeping) At the car dealership (repair shop reservations and billing) At the Vail lift ticket sales window (Point of Sale systems) In my customer's offices (enterprise apps) In the university (faculty, students and administration) in other words, everywhere. Where do I see Macs? A few lonely laptops... Must be that 97% of the world is totally stupid and only 3% is "enlightened". TT In article <32d29944-0164-4716-927e-2be8386d6c0b@s20g2000yqh.googlegroups.com>, Tommy Troll <tom_elam@earthlink.net> wrote: > Where do I see Windows? > > In my car (GPS) > In my house (3 laptops) > In my banks (all 3 of them where I bank) > In the grocery stores (Point of Sale systems) > In the airport (reservations and ticketing) > In the doctor's office (appointments and bookkeeping) > In my dentist's office (appointments and bookkeeping) > At the car dealership (repair shop reservations and billing) > At the Vail lift ticket sales window (Point of Sale systems) > In my customer's offices (enterprise apps) > In the university (faculty, students and administration) > > In other words, everywhere. > > ...

Windows is named Windows : But Why?
http://thehmccompany.com/2015/06/19/windows-is-named-windows-but-why/ Quoting from the URL above: The following was taken from a Microsoft corporate blog designed to document the history of Microsoft. When I joined Microsoft as Vice President of Corporate Communications, I came from the cosmetics / skin care industry where perception (branding) was far more important than reality. The branding strategy for Microsoft Corporation & the specific names for the products (which was part of the company branding strategy) came from the original branding strategy ...

window-handlers on windows
hi (this is my first post to this ng; so if it is the wrong ng, please direct me to the one i need...) my problem not necessarily bound to C++ (but could also be C), but since my application is in C++, i post it here. i want to draw from application A into a window that has been created by an application B (in my case: i want to render an openGL-scene into a a browser-window) under linux i can get a handle of type "Window" from the Xserver, into which i can draw (assumed that i have permissions) under windows the only such handle i have found is HWND, which is a pointer to a ...

Networking Windows Printer to a Mac
I'm pretty new to using a Mac. How can I get my HP Deskjet 5550 printer that's connected to my PC (and is already set to share on Windows computers) to print from my Mac Powerbook? I've tried looking around at various sites and in this forum but haven't been able to find any good instructions. Please help... P.S. - This is what I've tried already. I went to System Preferences -> print & fax -> add (+) -> default browser -> more printers -> Windows Printing (Network Neighborhood) -> went into my workgroup & selected the name of my comp...

Add a windows network printer
Hello.. I want to install or add a windows network printer to my system HP-UX SAM. This computer is conected to my windows LAN where are all my network printers, so how can i install a printer, do i need those drivers for unix or i can use the ones that i have in my printer server. Do i need to type all the instructions or i can use the SAM ??? this is my email osvaldo.solis@sachs-mx.com for any further questions.. ...

Networked printers on Windows domain
OK let me describe the setup, then I'll get onto the problem: The Setup:- Windows domain, with Windows 2000 Advanced Servers, about 250 Windows XP Pro client workstations / laptops and a Windows XP Pro print spooler box. We have between 15 and 20 printers dotted around the network, some plugged into the ethernet and some shared off workstations and one plugged into the back of the spooler. We use adprintx in logon scripts to map the printers but have also tried con2prt and printui.dll. The Problem:- One the Windows XP client machines, 2 printers at the most are mapped d...

Docking windows... in Windows
I'm using the Windows version in Windows 7. There's an option in each window to "Lock tab to dock", but I don't see anything occurring. They just sit there and float like they were before. What behavior should be occurring, and what if anything am I doing wrong? Also, has anyone used a recent version of Visual Studio? I like how you can drag a window to one of the edges of the screen or leave it floating. The user interface for dragging the windows is also real easy to use and makes everything real obvious and clear to the user. ...

Windows XP PC cannot see Windows 98 machines on the network
I have a network hub with 4 computers, a printer server and a router with DSL connected to the hub. Ever since I changed one of the computers from Windows 98 to Windows XP Home, I can not see the other computers (running Windows 98) in the network from the computer that is running XP Home. I can not access the printer server either, but I am able to access the router and use the Internet. From the Windows 98 computers, I can see all four computers,the printer server, and the internet. Help, please. M. Bentolila ...

Windows NT vs Windows 2000 vs Windows XP
Hi, I am pretty ignorant when it comes to computers. I posted in another thread that I just purchased a used computer for close to nothing. I have an old windows NT workstation which I plan on installing. My question is : A friend of mine can sell me a Windows 2000 or Windows XP license for cheap. Is there any reason I need to spend $40 to buy any one of these two operating systems for an old Pentium II computer, instead of a free windows NT workstation system that I already have ? For general home use : access internet, typing documents, etc, is there any difference in us...

Printing to a printer on a networked windows machine.
I'm having terrible trouble printing to a printer on a networked Windows (XP) machine. The printer, an HP all in one, is attached to and shared by my husband's machine. I downloaded the correct driver from hp,unpacked and installed it It automatic- ally runs an HP printer setup utility, which could not see the printr. Following the Mac Help instructions, I then ran the MacIntosh printer setup utility, whic CAN see the printer, but clearly cannot see the driver, because while I can printe to the printer, what comes out is garbage. So how do I do the introductions between the HP...

WINDOWS XP PRO --> WINDOWS 2003 SERVER
Hello, I want to add to the domain a computer but I can't. Client PC with Windows XP Pro can only see itself and the same with the windows 2003 server. The ping doesn't work. Maybe the problems are the IP numbers? Hardware is correctly installed and appears in both computers the network icon working. Can someone help me? Thanks in advance. PeeWee You must get basic network TCP/IP connectivity working first. PING tests will help. Once that happens then try joining the PC to the domain. Can you describe your network and TCP/IP network addressing? ...

finding windows 95 and windows 98 p.c's on the network
does anyone know of a program that can probe the network and tell you if the computers out there are windows 95 or windows 98? I am looking at several high end packages that do more than this but as a side innitiative, I would like to find out how many need to be upgraded to windows 2k / XP thanks in advance Rich ...

=?windows-1256?B?yube7cog5uPm2s8gx9DH2skg48jH0cfJIMfh0g==?= =?windows-1256?B?48fh3yDm5sfP7CDPzOHJIN3sIOTlx8bsIN/D0yDj1dEg?= =?windows-1256?B?x+Ht5uMgx+HTyMogOS8xMS8yMDEzIObH4d7k5sfKIMfh5Mfe?= =?window
yube7cog5uPm2s8gx9DH2skg48jH0cfJIMfh0uPH4d8g5ubHz+wgz8zhySDd7CDk5cfG7CDfw9Mg 49XRIMfh7ebjIMfh08jKIDkvMTEvMjAxMyDmx+He5ObHyiDH4eTH3uHJCgpodHRwOi8vbmF0aWdh YXM3YWIuY29tLz9wPTU4OA== ...

=?windows-1256?B?yube7cog5uPm2s8gx9DH2skg48jH0cfJIMfh0g==?= =?windows-1256?B?48fh3yDm5sfP7CDPzOHJIN3sIOTlx8bsIN/D0yDj1dEg?= =?windows-1256?B?x+Ht5uMgx+HTyMogOS8xMS8yMDEzIObH4d7k5sfKIMfh5Mfe?= =?window
yube7cog5uPm2s8gx9DH2skg48jH0cfJIMfh0uPH4d8g5ubHz+wgz8zhySDd7CDk5cfG7CDfw9Mg 49XRIMfh7ebjIMfh08jKIDkvMTEvMjAxMyDmx+He5ObHyiDH4eTH3uHJCgpodHRwOi8vbmF0aWdh YXM3YWIuY29tLz9wPTU4OA== ...

=?windows-1256?B?yube7cog5uPm2s8gx9DH2skg48jH0cfJIMfh0g==?= =?windows-1256?B?48fh3yDm5sfP7CDPzOHJIN3sIOTlx8bsIN/D0yDj1dEg?= =?windows-1256?B?x+Ht5uMgx+HTyMogOS8xMS8yMDEzIObH4d7k5sfKIMfh5Mfe?= =?window
yube7cog5uPm2s8gx9DH2skg48jH0cfJIMfh0uPH4d8g5ubHz+wgz8zhySDd7CDk5cfG7CDfw9Mg 49XRIMfh7ebjIMfh08jKIDkvMTEvMjAxMyDmx+He5ObHyiDH4eTH3uHJCgpodHRwOi8vbmF0aWdh YXM3YWIuY29tLz9wPTU4OA== On Fri, 08 Nov 2013 23:12:07 -0800, بيثصس wrote: > 9/11/2013 Not only did you get the year wrong, it's the wrong group! May your woman betray you, your son be gay, and your daughter screw pigs for a living. Now go eat some pork and choke on it, like a good little terrorist. -- See what happens when you switch the googlegrouper filter off. Shudders! I'll turn it back on right now. ...

Web resources about - Windows NT4 - installing network printer - comp.windows.misc

Rooting and installing Android 1.5 JesusFreke - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
More information at: android.noisepages.com/2009/05/rooting-pics/

Installing ClearCal Anti-Glare Film for Glossy Displays - YouTube
Demonstration of how to install a RadTech ClearCal Anti-Glare Film on a MacBook Pro. ClearCal eliminates glare on glossy displays like Apple's ...

Nine Sydney councils are getting ready to turn off the lights &ndash; 13,000 of them &ndash; to save more than $20 million.

Iran installing new nuclear equipment

Gillard defends installing Slipper