Q - how to squeeze 1 port on a router / limit internet connection of 1 pc?

Hi all,

I have a ADSL modem connected to a Sitecom DC207 router which in turn is
connected to 3 PC's, one of which is old, turned on 24/7, and mostly used
for downloading stuff. At times it rather hogs the internet connection,
slowing down the connection the other PC's can make substantially. Can
anyone suggest a way to limit the share this machine gets of the total
internet connection? The downloading software in question does not offer a
possibility to limit it's downloading efort to a certain amount. Is there
perhaps a way to squeeze the relevant LAN port on the router?

Any ideas deeply appreciated,

thanks,

Bob

0
Bob
10/27/2004 8:06:59 AM
comp.windows.networking.tcp-ip 1889 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

Maybe try next http://www.bandwidthcontroller.com/
I didn't try that myself btw
Arkady

"Bob Newheart" <paddo16_kill_spam@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi all,
>
> I have a ADSL modem connected to a Sitecom DC207 router which in turn is
> connected to 3 PC's, one of which is old, turned on 24/7, and mostly used
> for downloading stuff. At times it rather hogs the internet connection,
> slowing down the connection the other PC's can make substantially. Can
> anyone suggest a way to limit the share this machine gets of the total
> internet connection? The downloading software in question does not offer a
> possibility to limit it's downloading efort to a certain amount. Is there
> perhaps a way to squeeze the relevant LAN port on the router?
>
> Any ideas deeply appreciated,
>
> thanks,
>
> Bob

0