Windows 2000 and strange networking problem...

I have seen this with at least two machines.  One that I am not longer
physical near to get info on or try this with.  But here is the
problem.  I am on a windows 2000 domain controller for a test domain.
If I bring up a command prompt and type in ping <anything string> it
returns with the ip address 213.130.63.233.  Something with no
association with our network.

Even for valid machines on the domain in question it returns this
invalid ip address for the machine.  I have checked the IP
configuration, and all is correct.

Does anyone have any idea what would make this happen?  I basically
have a machine that will never fail on a ping or name resolution
because it keeps plucking this one ip address for everything.
0
Meetze_Murle
8/18/2003 7:51:39 PM
comp.windows.networking.tcp-ip 1889 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow