Windows xp Pro cannot see Windows 2000 Pro

I have been trying to solve this problem for months!  I have 4 PCs in a
workgroup, 3 are Windows XP Pro and 1 is a Windows 2000 Pro.  The
Windows 2000 PC can see all of the Windows XP machines.  It can copy
files to them it can share the printer connected to one of them no
issues.  None of the Windows xp (2 are sp2 1 is sp1)can see the Windows
2000 PC.  If I ping the 2000 PC I get back an Ip address, but it times
out.  I have double checked the Workgroup name.  They all login as
administrator same password.  They can all get to the internet using
the cable modem connected to one of the Windows xp machines.  I have
just about given up.

0
minniemouse
1/17/2005 9:41:53 PM
comp.windows.networking.tcp-ip 1889 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

Firewall!!

http://www.practicallynetworked.com/sharing/xp/filesharing.htm
http://www.practicallynetworked.com/sharing/troubleshoot/
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/community/columns/cableguy/cg0204.mspx

--
Jonah
"minniemouse" <lpagano@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>I have been trying to solve this problem for months!  I have 4 PCs in a
> workgroup, 3 are Windows XP Pro and 1 is a Windows 2000 Pro.  The
> Windows 2000 PC can see all of the Windows XP machines.  It can copy
> files to them it can share the printer connected to one of them no
> issues.  None of the Windows xp (2 are sp2 1 is sp1)can see the Windows
> 2000 PC.  If I ping the 2000 PC I get back an Ip address, but it times
> out.  I have double checked the Workgroup name.  They all login as
> administrator same password.  They can all get to the internet using
> the cable modem connected to one of the Windows xp machines.  I have
> just about given up.

0
Sleepless
1/20/2005 1:47:04 AM
Thanks for your response, Firewall is disabled.  I have gone through
the other stuff before, but I am going to do it all one more time, and
what I find strange is everyone else seems to be haveing the exact
oppisite problem, my 2000 has full access to all xp machines, it is the
xp machines that can't see 2000.
Sleepless in Seattle wrote:
> Firewall!!
>
> http://www.practicallynetworked.com/sharing/xp_filesharing/index.htm
> http://www.practicallynetworked.com/sharing/xp/filesharing.htm
> http://www.practicallynetworked.com/sharing/troubleshoot/

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/community/columns/cableguy/cg0204.mspx

> --
> Jonah
> "minniemouse" <lpagano@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> >I have been trying to solve this problem for months!  I have 4 PCs
in a
> > workgroup, 3 are Windows XP Pro and 1 is a Windows 2000 Pro.  The
> > Windows 2000 PC can see all of the Windows XP machines.  It can
copy
> > files to them it can share the printer connected to one of them no
> > issues.  None of the Windows xp (2 are sp2 1 is sp1)can see the
Windows
> > 2000 PC.  If I ping the 2000 PC I get back an Ip address, but it
times
> > out.  I have double checked the Workgroup name.  They all login as
> > administrator same password.  They can all get to the internet
using
> > the cable modem connected to one of the Windows xp machines.  I
have
> > just about given up.

0
minniemouse