f



Database connection to MS Access & MS Foxpro

Hi,

When we select new project ,can "MFC AppWizard(exe)" make connection
to database ? or  only "database project" can make connection to
database ?

How do i make connection to database(MS Access/Foxpro) and perform sql
using MFC Appwizard(exe) with ODBC --CDatabase?
Any sample code ? 
Thanks.
0
cbtan
12/15/2003 9:34:46 AM
comp.windows.tools.mfc 1371 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

9 Replies
1356 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 27

CBTan wrote:

> Hi,
> 
> When we select new project ,can "MFC AppWizard(exe)" make connection
> to database ? or  only "database project" can make connection to
> database ?
> 
> How do i make connection to database(MS Access/Foxpro) and perform sql
> using MFC Appwizard(exe) with ODBC --CDatabase?
> Any sample code ? 
> Thanks.

Yes, an MFC application can connect to a database.  To use ODBC you must 
first define a DSN in the ODBC manager (in control panel).

See the ENROLL tutorial and program in the VC help.

-- 
Scott McPhillips [VC++ MVP]

0
Scott
12/15/2003 12:49:44 PM
You can create recordsets with classwizard.
use CRecordset for ODBC or CDoaRecordset for DAO as base class,
connect to the database, choice the table and update the fields.
Read also the book: Visual C++ 6 Database programming tutorial, Wendy
Sarrett

Theo Buys

CBTan <cbtan@pj.ebx.com> wrote in message
news:5cbd4cb8.0312150134.38bb4a89@posting.google.com...
> Hi,
>
> When we select new project ,can "MFC AppWizard(exe)" make connection
> to database ? or  only "database project" can make connection to
> database ?
>
> How do i make connection to database(MS Access/Foxpro) and perform sql
> using MFC Appwizard(exe) with ODBC --CDatabase?
> Any sample code ?
> Thanks.


0
Theo
2/9/2004 4:42:11 PM
DAO has been depreciated.  MS wants you to move to ADO.  Not too hard to
write wrapper classes to provide the same functionality as
CDaoDatabase/CDaoRecorset (etc).


--
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Free software  - Baxter Codeworks  www.baxcode.com
-------------------------------------------------------------------------


"Theo Buys" <development@noiwal.nl> wrote in message
news:4027b973$0$1413$19deed1b@news.inter.NL.net...
> You can create recordsets with classwizard.
> use CRecordset for ODBC or CDoaRecordset for DAO as base class,
> connect to the database, choice the table and update the fields.
> Read also the book: Visual C++ 6 Database programming tutorial, Wendy
> Sarrett
>
> Theo Buys
>
> CBTan <cbtan@pj.ebx.com> wrote in message
> news:5cbd4cb8.0312150134.38bb4a89@posting.google.com...
> > Hi,
> >
> > When we select new project ,can "MFC AppWizard(exe)" make connection
> > to database ? or  only "database project" can make connection to
> > database ?
> >
> > How do i make connection to database(MS Access/Foxpro) and perform sql
> > using MFC Appwizard(exe) with ODBC --CDatabase?
> > Any sample code ?
> > Thanks.
>
>


0
Baxter
2/9/2004 5:07:15 PM
Not too hard? How do you create classes that the classwizard can pickup and
can update the records in your recordset when your database layout is
changed?


Baxter <lbax01.spamguard@baxcode.com> wrote in message
news:102ffi7t6s1b4b1@corp.supernews.com...
> DAO has been depreciated.  MS wants you to move to ADO.  Not too hard to
> write wrapper classes to provide the same functionality as
> CDaoDatabase/CDaoRecorset (etc).
>
>
> --
> -------------------------------------------------------------------------
> Free software  - Baxter Codeworks  www.baxcode.com
> -------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
>
> "Theo Buys" <development@noiwal.nl> wrote in message
> news:4027b973$0$1413$19deed1b@news.inter.NL.net...
> > You can create recordsets with classwizard.
> > use CRecordset for ODBC or CDoaRecordset for DAO as base class,
> > connect to the database, choice the table and update the fields.
> > Read also the book: Visual C++ 6 Database programming tutorial, Wendy
> > Sarrett
> >
> > Theo Buys
> >
> > CBTan <cbtan@pj.ebx.com> wrote in message
> > news:5cbd4cb8.0312150134.38bb4a89@posting.google.com...
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > When we select new project ,can "MFC AppWizard(exe)" make connection
> > > to database ? or  only "database project" can make connection to
> > > database ?
> > >
> > > How do i make connection to database(MS Access/Foxpro) and perform sql
> > > using MFC Appwizard(exe) with ODBC --CDatabase?
> > > Any sample code ?
> > > Thanks.
> >
> >
>
>


0
Theo
2/11/2004 8:29:30 AM
I never had much luck with the ClassWizard *changing* a recordset class once
it was generated.  Any changes had to be hand done, or you had to delete and
regenerate the entire class.

I'm finding that direct field access is more practical - changes have less
impact on your code. Something like:
  if (rsTable1.GetIntValue(_T("Field1")) == 1) {
    // do something

In short, I wrapped the ADO so that I could access the values either
individually, or as members of a class.  I'm finding that copying all the
values into current memory as CDaoRecordset and CRecordset do is
unnecessary.  If I add a field/column, I don't have to touch existing code
(except for possible init of a new record)

--
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Free software  - Baxter Codeworks  www.baxcode.com
-------------------------------------------------------------------------


"Theo Buys" <development@noiwal.nl> wrote in message
news:4029e8fd$0$1414$19deed1b@news.inter.NL.net...
> Not too hard? How do you create classes that the classwizard can pickup
and
> can update the records in your recordset when your database layout is
> changed?
>
>
> Baxter <lbax01.spamguard@baxcode.com> wrote in message
> news:102ffi7t6s1b4b1@corp.supernews.com...
> > DAO has been depreciated.  MS wants you to move to ADO.  Not too hard to
> > write wrapper classes to provide the same functionality as
> > CDaoDatabase/CDaoRecorset (etc).
> >
> >
> > "Theo Buys" <development@noiwal.nl> wrote in message
> > news:4027b973$0$1413$19deed1b@news.inter.NL.net...
> > > You can create recordsets with classwizard.
> > > use CRecordset for ODBC or CDoaRecordset for DAO as base class,
> > > connect to the database, choice the table and update the fields.
> > > Read also the book: Visual C++ 6 Database programming tutorial, Wendy
> > > Sarrett
> > >
> > > Theo Buys
> > >
> > > CBTan <cbtan@pj.ebx.com> wrote in message
> > > news:5cbd4cb8.0312150134.38bb4a89@posting.google.com...
> > > > Hi,
> > > >
> > > > When we select new project ,can "MFC AppWizard(exe)" make connection
> > > > to database ? or  only "database project" can make connection to
> > > > database ?
> > > >
> > > > How do i make connection to database(MS Access/Foxpro) and perform
sql
> > > > using MFC Appwizard(exe) with ODBC --CDatabase?
> > > > Any sample code ?
> > > > Thanks.
> > >
> > >
> >
> >
>
>


0
Baxter
2/11/2004 6:27:11 PM
Can your ADO wrapper classes replace my CDaoRecordset-s without lot of
recoding?
I have a lot of old projects (Dao and ODBC) here waiting for an update and
included a derived recordset which can randomize the data access without
redundancy.



Baxter <lbax01.spamguard@baxcode.com> wrote in message
news:102kt0l271ed5b3@corp.supernews.com...
> I never had much luck with the ClassWizard *changing* a recordset class
once
> it was generated.  Any changes had to be hand done, or you had to delete
and
> regenerate the entire class.
>
> I'm finding that direct field access is more practical - changes have less
> impact on your code. Something like:
>   if (rsTable1.GetIntValue(_T("Field1")) == 1) {
>     // do something
>
> In short, I wrapped the ADO so that I could access the values either
> individually, or as members of a class.  I'm finding that copying all the
> values into current memory as CDaoRecordset and CRecordset do is
> unnecessary.  If I add a field/column, I don't have to touch existing code
> (except for possible init of a new record)
>
> --
> -------------------------------------------------------------------------
> Free software  - Baxter Codeworks  www.baxcode.com
> -------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
>
> "Theo Buys" <development@noiwal.nl> wrote in message
> news:4029e8fd$0$1414$19deed1b@news.inter.NL.net...
> > Not too hard? How do you create classes that the classwizard can pickup
> and
> > can update the records in your recordset when your database layout is
> > changed?
> >
> >
> > Baxter <lbax01.spamguard@baxcode.com> wrote in message
> > news:102ffi7t6s1b4b1@corp.supernews.com...
> > > DAO has been depreciated.  MS wants you to move to ADO.  Not too hard
to
> > > write wrapper classes to provide the same functionality as
> > > CDaoDatabase/CDaoRecorset (etc).
> > >
> > >
> > > "Theo Buys" <development@noiwal.nl> wrote in message
> > > news:4027b973$0$1413$19deed1b@news.inter.NL.net...
> > > > You can create recordsets with classwizard.
> > > > use CRecordset for ODBC or CDoaRecordset for DAO as base class,
> > > > connect to the database, choice the table and update the fields.
> > > > Read also the book: Visual C++ 6 Database programming tutorial,
Wendy
> > > > Sarrett
> > > >
> > > > Theo Buys
> > > >
> > > > CBTan <cbtan@pj.ebx.com> wrote in message
> > > > news:5cbd4cb8.0312150134.38bb4a89@posting.google.com...
> > > > > Hi,
> > > > >
> > > > > When we select new project ,can "MFC AppWizard(exe)" make
connection
> > > > > to database ? or  only "database project" can make connection to
> > > > > database ?
> > > > >
> > > > > How do i make connection to database(MS Access/Foxpro) and perform
> sql
> > > > > using MFC Appwizard(exe) with ODBC --CDatabase?
> > > > > Any sample code ?
> > > > > Thanks.
> > > >
> > > >
> > >
> > >
> >
> >
>
>


0
Theo
2/12/2004 2:29:23 PM
--
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Free software  - Baxter Codeworks  www.baxcode.com
-------------------------------------------------------------------------


"Theo Buys" <development@noiwal.nl> wrote in message
news:402b8ed6$0$280$19deed1b@news.inter.NL.net...
> Can your ADO wrapper classes replace my CDaoRecordset-s without lot of
> recoding?

Yes, you *could* do it like that.  I've not finished that part (it would be
just a data exchage function).  In researching this issue (like at Code Guru
and Code Project), I came across a program for generating your derived
classes from your database.  I found the non-derived access to be more
convenient - do note that this method is more like VB's method.

> I have a lot of old projects (Dao and ODBC) here waiting for an update and

Yep.

> included a derived recordset which can randomize the data access without
> redundancy.

Whatever that means.

>
>
>
> Baxter <lbax01.spamguard@baxcode.com> wrote in message
> news:102kt0l271ed5b3@corp.supernews.com...
> > I never had much luck with the ClassWizard *changing* a recordset class
> once
> > it was generated.  Any changes had to be hand done, or you had to delete
> and
> > regenerate the entire class.
> >
> > I'm finding that direct field access is more practical - changes have
less
> > impact on your code. Something like:
> >   if (rsTable1.GetIntValue(_T("Field1")) == 1) {
> >     // do something
> >
> > In short, I wrapped the ADO so that I could access the values either
> > individually, or as members of a class.  I'm finding that copying all
the
> > values into current memory as CDaoRecordset and CRecordset do is
> > unnecessary.  If I add a field/column, I don't have to touch existing
code
> > (except for possible init of a new record)
> >



0
Baxter
2/12/2004 5:11:29 PM
When working with MFC CDao classes in seperate worker threads I had a
problem with the COleVariant types which generate an Access Violation
Exception. In my derived classes I have made work-arounds so that the
COleVariant is not used.

Is ADO multi-thread  save, or do I get the same problem?

P.S.: I mean with "randomize the data access without redundancy" that I can
walk through the selected records in a random order while I access each
record ones.

Theo


Baxter <lbax01.spamguard@baxcode.com> wrote in message
news:102ncu3sev8v2c5@corp.supernews.com...
> --
> -------------------------------------------------------------------------
> Free software  - Baxter Codeworks  www.baxcode.com
> -------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
>
> "Theo Buys" <development@noiwal.nl> wrote in message
> news:402b8ed6$0$280$19deed1b@news.inter.NL.net...
> > Can your ADO wrapper classes replace my CDaoRecordset-s without lot of
> > recoding?
>
> Yes, you *could* do it like that.  I've not finished that part (it would
be
> just a data exchage function).  In researching this issue (like at Code
Guru
> and Code Project), I came across a program for generating your derived
> classes from your database.  I found the non-derived access to be more
> convenient - do note that this method is more like VB's method.
>
> > I have a lot of old projects (Dao and ODBC) here waiting for an update
and
>
> Yep.
>
> > included a derived recordset which can randomize the data access without
> > redundancy.
>
> Whatever that means.



0
Theo
2/18/2004 9:15:05 AM
--
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Free software  - Baxter Codeworks  www.baxcode.com
-------------------------------------------------------------------------


"Theo Buys" <development@noiwal.nl> wrote in message
news:40332e35$0$270$19deed1b@news.inter.NL.net...
> When working with MFC CDao classes in seperate worker threads I had a
> problem with the COleVariant types which generate an Access Violation
> Exception. In my derived classes I have made work-arounds so that the
> COleVariant is not used.

My understanding is that the MFC classes are the problem in multithreading.

>
> Is ADO multi-thread  save, or do I get the same problem?

I've not done enough on ADO to answer your question, but ADO is the
technology MS has selected to replace DAO, and is based on OleDB.  It is
also the technology used by Visual Basic.  I would presume that much would
depend on your Provider.  ADO is set up as an ActiveX object, and for
client-server operation/environment.

>
> P.S.: I mean with "randomize the data access without redundancy" that I
can
> walk through the selected records in a random order while I access each
> record ones.
>
Absolutely. MoveFirst, MoveLast, MoveNext, MovePrevious, and just Move any
number of records from a given position. Find, etc.




0
Baxter
2/18/2004 8:54:50 PM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

How to connect a remote MS Access/MS SQL Database from JSP on Linux?
I want to use JDBC to connect a remote MS Access/MS SQL database, however, I found that JDBC-ODBC is not support on remote database and Linux. I've visit the site of some middleware, like RmiJdbc, IDS,.... However, seems don't know how to make it functions and difficult to configure. Do anyone can give me a solution? Thanks Vincent ...

Create MS/ACCESS database app for non-ms/access users
Is it possible to create an MS/ACCESS database application and package it for users who do not have MS/ACCESS loaded in their PCs? I was told that this is possible, but I don't know what software is needed. Do you know? If so, please answer this post. Thanks. SueB *** Sent via Developersdex http://www.developersdex.com *** Don't just participate in USENET...get rewarded for it! Per Sue Bricker: >Is it possible to create an MS/ACCESS database application and package >it for users who do not have MS/ACCESS loaded in their PCs? > >I was told that this is possible, but...

access MS-Access database in C# Windows Application
Hi, I am trying to access the MS Access database on my local machine in C# Windows Application in Visual Studio.NET. But it seems that it does not work. I use the Microsoft Application Blocks to access the database. I have tried 2 possible connection strings. ----------------------------------------- str_1 = "Driver={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)}; DBQ=" + DBFilePath; str_2 = "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=" + DBFilePath; //SqlHelper is the class in the Microsoft Application Blocks SqlHelper.ExecuteNonQuery( str_1, CommandType.Text, SQL_str); --------...

MS Access database connection without connectivity toolkit
Hi guys &nbsp; I'm developing an application that courrently reads data from a *.txt file. I would let the application read data from a MS Access database. Is it possible to connect to MS Acces db and retrieve data without the database connectivity toolkit? The result of second field (column) should be: current record - previous record. How can i do it, even reading data from *.txt data?&nbsp; &nbsp; Thanks for your help &nbsp; beta66 Hi dennis thanks for suggesting me labsql, i dowloaded it. I would really appreciate an exemple on how to calculate (using a *.txt file)&...

ms access & ms project 2007
does anyone know if its possible to export your access data into ms project. if so, how should i go about doing this. i see an option in project to open access db but it still does not show any of my files. thanks much. bl -- brandon Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/databases-ms-access/200711/1 ...

Any MS Access that is NOT MS Access in WinXP?
Hi all, I have a small application for bookkeeping, actually working in Access with small routines in VBA. I want to rewrite it in Java, but I don't want to use Access anymore. I started looking for another database, but I found none. I already know (and used) MySQL and PostgreSQL (waiting 7.4), but as far as I know they are only daemon, and under windows they use a lot of memory and CPU time. It's like installing a Ferrari only to cross the road. Maybe an approach with loading the daemon at the start of the program, and quitting it at the end, but I don't know how it could work. Has anybody tried it? Or I can use a database solution with the full support of SQL, reliable, not memory-resident, and JAVA compatible (better JDBC). If a similar program does not exist, a java class may be enough, if it works! (I'd like to have the GUI and the possibility to work directly on the data without using Java, but if it is impossible...) Of course if everything could work also under linux, that wouldn't be too bad! :-) Do you know of any solution? Thank you, Duccio. Try hsqldb - 100% Java Database. http://hsqldb.sourceforge.net/ "Duccio" <dmg1978@libero.it> wrote in message news:442cgvchha97g43he7hlrhr3clg4hm1d83@4ax.com... > Hi all, > > I have a small application for bookkeeping, actually working in > Access with small routines in VBA. I want to rewrite it in Java, but I > don't w...

MS Access database connection
I try to be connected to an Access database without success. I write on matlab command Window: connexionA = database(&#8216;ke_db&#8217;, &#8216;UserSys&#8217;, &#8216;#Pwd!18&#8364;Sys#') and I have received "error message". Please can you help? Thanks in advance, ...

to connect the MS Access database
how can i call the report that i need in MS Acces database, from matlab??? ...

Possible to keep MS Access interface and migrate the MS Access to MS SQL Server?
Hello all Would it be possible to migrate the MS Access 2000 to MS SQL Server 2000? My application is using MS Access 2000 as database and as user interface such as forms. Now, I want to migrate the backend database from MS Access 2000 to MS SQL Server 2000. However, I want to keep the MS Access 2000 interface. Would it be possible? If I migrate the MS Access to SQL Server, would the queries, back-end VBA, macro, tables and forms be affected? Do I need to change the MS Access data type to SQL server supported data type? Which tool I can use to do the migration? Upsizing wizard or exporting...

How to connect MS Access form to MS SQL Server
Hello all I created an application which use MS Access 2000 as user interface and MS SQL Server 2000 as backend. If I want to get data from MS SQL Sever 2000 and display them on the MS Access 2000 form, where do I set the database connection to the form (i.e. tell the form to get data from MS SQL server database)? Thanks Bon In Windows control panel, admin tools, data sources (ODBC), create a system DSN of type SQL server and fill in the parameters for your SQL database. In Access, select file / get external data, files of type ODBC. Select machine data source, select the DSN you create...

Problem Connecting to MS Access Database
I'm fairly new to VB and was wondering what the connection string for an ADODB.Connection looks like that will open an Access Database with a password???? Thanks!!!! what i have looks like this.... dim localdb as new ADODB.Connection localdb.Provider = "Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0" localdb.Properties("Data Source") = "c:\test.mdb" localdb.Properties("DefaultUser") = "admin" localdb.Properties("Jet OLEDB:Database Password") = "mypass" localdb.CursorLocation = adUseClient localdb.Open the error i get says "Item cannot ...

jdbc connection to MS access database
Im trying to connect my database. im using ms access when i try to execute my program it gives me this error i create my database by going to the odbc in the administrative tools. and when i try to execute my code it gives me this error: java.sql.SQLException: No suitable driver at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:545) at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:193) at Transit.main(Transit.java:16) and this is the code im using. try{ Class.forName("sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcDriver"); } catch(Exception e){ ...

MS Access Connection Window in ADP
I select the server name. I select the database on the server. I select the option: Use Windows NT Integrated Security. tada...It works fine. Test connection sings. Instead, I select: Use a specific user name and password. I enter my user name I enter my password. bonggggg..."Test connection failed because of an error in initializing provider. Login failed for user "myname". I enter my user name and password a couple dozen times to make sure I didn't typo it. bonggggg... What's up with that? lq RE/ >I select the server name. >I select the database on the server...

Help connect Ms access database
Hello All, I am trying to connect an MS database without utilizing the help of the "querybuilder", I know how to do that using the "querybuilder" but this can't work as I am trying to do an exe file and be able to use it for other pc's that I have. I am doing the following, please correct me if I am wrong, but it is not working at all: dbpath=[matlabroot,'a\toolbox\database\dbdemos\trial.accdb']; conurl = ['jdbc:odbc:Driver={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb,*.accdb)};' ... 'DBQ=' dbpath] conn=database('Trial_now','','&#...

MS SQL Server 2000 / MS Access
Hello all! I have such question to all of you. I have some tables linked from MS SQL Server 2000. Is time of processing query based on these linked tables from MS SQL Server 2000, faster or slower than the time of processing the same query based on tables, which are not linked but imported to MS Access? Can you answer this question? Thank you in advance for posts Marcin from Poland. No idea - it depends how big the tables are, what your queries look like, how you execute your queries etc. If you're using stored procedures, for example, then I would expect MSSQL to be faster, as all...

Copy & Paste from MS Excel to MS Access (A97 specifically)
I am attempting to build an A97 app that allows the user to copy an M (column) by N (row) array of cells from an Excel worksheet to an M (column) by N (row) array of "cells" in datasheet view on an MS Access subform. To date I have tried to do this to the rightmost M columns of an L by N (where L > M) array of "cells" on the subform without success. Is there something I am missing or is this such a copy and paste operation not possible? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, While it may look like one, Access isn't a spreadsheet. I suspect it isn't poss...

Windows ftp corrupts MS Access databases......
Copied from a post on microsoft.public.windowsxp.general...... "Hello All, I just wanted to let everyone know about this issue we encountered as developers last week. We had used the ftp functionality available from the command line in Windows XP Pro to download source code and associated MS Access databases. We could not use the database and kept receiving the error "Invalid database format...". We thought it may have been the version of Office so we upgraded to Office 2003. It didn't work. We found other information online regarding repair, etc. Running MS Ac...

wanted: database publishing tool for MS Access
Hi, is there a good db publishing tool available? I'd like to create a autorun cd catalogue with a huge ms access db in the background. Markus There's runtime support available in the Office Developer Edition for Office 2002 and earlier, and in the Visual Studio Tools for Office 2003 System. You can package with runtime on a CD... if that meets your criteria for "publishing tool". You can also create a report and distribute that with a viewer but it is not as user-friendly as providing search capabilities with forms. Larry Linson Microsoft Access MVP "jam"...

MS Access 2003-2002 database connectivity
I am new to MS Access database and want to accomplish following. I have a database and report in MS Access 2003. There are multiple users who wants to access and generate their respective reports (self help). Because of certain license restrictions they can not access 2003 installed on my PC. We have a shared drive with 2002 installed on it. I wanted to accomplish a connection between Access 2003 (my PC) and MS Access 2002 (shared drive). I wanted to have 10 mins data refresh in 2002. Finally users will connect to 2002 and generate their report. Please advice me on how to accomplish this. A...

MS Access & SQL Database for JPEGS
I'm trying to create a web accessed JPEG database for all of my p 0 r m pics. Anybody know where to start? The site I'm interested in putting in an Access database is at the link below: Don't click on this link unless you want to be seriously offended. http://www.tubgirl.com ...

connection to MS Access database with SQL Toolkit
Hello, I am using LabVIEW 7 with the SQL Toolkit to read a MS Access database. So far I am connecting the database via the 'connect'-VI where the 'dialog' parameter is set to true, so I can choose the appropiate access driver and the access database. All in all 3 dialog windows has to be answered (selection of database driver, user/password, file to open). Now I want to simplify the handling and want to set the database driver (Microsoft Access) and user/password (nothing at all) in advance, so the user has only to choose the file to load. I think these parameters can be set by the 'connection parameters' of the 'connect'-vi. So I entered "DRIVER=Microsoft Access-Treiber (*.mdb);DBQ=E:\\Workspace\\Favorite\\database\\Impmessung-13-04-2004-2.mdb" (the names are in German :-), sorry for that). I got this line by creating a DSN name and opening it with a text editor. Unfortunately I got the following error message: "Error 2702 occurred. Description: Connect - Number contains an invalid character: dBase Dateien (translation: "Dateien" --> "files") - Word Number contains an invalid character: dBase Dateien - Word Number contains an invalid character: dBase Dateien - Word .. . ." Does anybody know what invalid character is meant and why is the error description referring to dbase files instead to MS Access? Best regards, Alexander ...

Connect to Security DataBase (MS Access 2000)
Hello, How can i make a connection to MS Access DB ( Security DB )? I make a new workgroupinformationfile (mdw file ), a new MS Access DB that can working with the workgroupfile. Now, i want make a connection with VBA code + DAO 3.6 from a MS Excell VBA project? How can i do that? On Sun, 8 Feb 2004 16:59:23 +0100, "Gilbert Van Hauwe" <Gilbert.VanHauwe@pi.be> wrote: Check this out: http://www.connectionstrings.com/ -Tom. >Hello, > >How can i make a connection to MS Access DB ( Security DB )? >I make a new workgroupinformationfile (mdw file ), a new MS Acc...

MS Access Connect to Sybase ASE database
Hi Expert Hope i point to the right grps, I need to connect my access to sybase ASE database and the collect/import the data. I have to use right driver to connect. Questions is, which one? and where can i get it.. I try www.sybase.com but not able to find the link to download the driver, only technical note, or any other's web site? Thank you and appreciate for your help, - Mohsin -- Cheers Mohsin On Feb 20, 2:05=A0pm, "mohsin" <u31851@uwe> wrote: > Hi Expert > > Hope i point to the right grps, > > I need to connect my access to sybase ASE database ...

Connecting to MS-Access database through visual basic
Hi, I am trying to browse a recordset using bound controls using VB 6.0. I am using Windows XP operating system. to this end i created a form in vb and try to link it to MS-Access database. when i give the path of database(.mdb) file, to link to the database, it gives an error saying unrecognised database format. any thoughts on why this is happening? any help is greatly appreciated. thanx in advance. i think u dont have latest latest Access drivers installed, and trying to access a newer version of Access database than VB (odbc) supports. Khurram ...

Web resources about - Database connection to MS Access & MS Foxpro - comp.windows.tools.mfc

Connection - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Text is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License ;additional terms may apply. By using this site, you agree to the ...

iMedia Connection: Interactive Marketing News, Features, Podcasts and Video - iMediaConnection.com
High-quality data, if not used properly, can still lead marketers to make bad decisions. Consider these common ways that numbers are used to ...

HTTP persistent connection - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
... tacked on to an existing protocol. If the browser supports keep-alive, it adds an additional header to the request: Following this, the connection ...

Alec Baldwin, Tommy Hilfiger and a Designer With a ‘Downton’ Connection
It was something of a British invasion at Michael’s today with plenty of posh folks (Majesty magazine EIC Ingrid Seward , the always dashing ...

French (Canadian) connection helps Coyotes snap 7-game skid
The Arizona Coyotes defeat the Florida Panthers 5-1 Saturday behind a dominate performance by the team's French-Canadian players.

Quantum Break requires Internet connection for streaming cut scenes on PC
Single-player game puts videos in cloud to save disc and hard drive space. The idea of requiring an Internet connection for single-player gaming ...

4G Connections Hit One Billion as Mobile Broadband Momentum Extends to the Developing World
The number of 4G mobile connections worldwide has surpassed the one billion mark and is on track to account for a third of all mobile connections ...

Zika virus-microcephaly connection hunted in Brazil - CNN.com
Is the Zika virus linked to microcephaly? The CDC and Brazilian health officials are leading the first-ever large scale investigation to find ...

Smart city tech shows complex connections between data and sensors
... MWC, Parkeon and Sierra Wireless announced that Sierra Wireless AirPrime HL Series embedded modules will be used to enable cellular connections ...

Van Jones And Jeffrey Lord Nearly End Up In A Fist Fight Over Trump's KKK Connections
CNN needs to fire Jeffrey Lord if they want to keep the name "News" in their name. His performance with Van Jones tonight was shameful. Utterly ...

Resources last updated: 3/6/2016 11:24:22 PM