KDE Theme Manager?

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

Is there a theme manager for KDE?  And if there is, how do access it, or
install it?  Is there anything equivalent to the GNOME theme manager?

Thanks,

Don
0
Reply nntp.20.donald2007 (3) 5/6/2007 6:45:21 PM

See related articles to this posting

Don wrote:
> Is there a theme manager for KDE?  And if there is, how do access it, or
> install it?  Is there anything equivalent to the GNOME theme manager?

Run the control-center and you should find it under "Appearance & Themes",
think it's the Gnome2 theme who did get it from KDE and not the other way around.

--

  //Aho
0

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

KDE Theme Manager on Debian Sarge
Hi I do not have the theme manager in my Control Center (KDE version 3.2.2). Has the package kthememgr been discontinued ? # apt-cache search *theme* E: Regex compilation error # apt-cache search kthememgr # How do I install new themes now ? I can install icon themes, but anything else. Thanks. ...

KDE Theme Manager on Debian Sarge #2
Hi I do not have the theme manager in my Control Center (KDE version 3.2.2). Has the package kthememgr been discontinued ? # apt-cache search *theme* E: Regex compilation error # apt-cache search kthememgr # How do I install new themes now ? I can install icon themes, but nothing else apparently. Thanks. Madhusudan Singh wrote: > I do not have the theme manager in my Control Center (KDE version > 3.2.2). > Has the package kthememgr been discontinued ? The word is "yes". On the kde-linux mailing list, developers write that there will be a theme m...

[News] Plasma Team Improves Themes Management in KDE

Re: AW: wxGTK/KDE-theme/Other port: KDE
------=_NextPart_000_0005_01C62378.12310D10 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable >About the Qt/KDE (not considering the Trolltech problem): are there any = >benefit or disadvantage of porting the wxWidgets using the GTK instead=20 >the Qt?=20 Actually it is probably more advantagous using QT but there is the only = real issue which is licensing licensing licensing >And X11, why does not it work? Is it more difficult to port=20 using X11? X11 by definition has no "native" look and feel so...

Theme Manager
Only a few hours after posting, a nasty bug has popped up already! If you try and run the Theme Manager (or start your computer with the Themes system installed) and get an error beginning 'Theme Selector 1.07:xxx", it may be because you're using a theme from the previous distribution that's no longer bundled with the latest version. If so, simply delete the small text file in Choices:Themes, or just run the Theme Manager from Configure to set to a theme you do have. This is fixed in the latest version I have here, which I'll upload once I've collected and squashed the...

Themes Manager
I've posted a revised version of my Theme Manager system on my website, with new versions of !Themes and !ThemeMan. Key changes are: - The Theme Manager now appears as a !Configure Plug-in rather than a stand-alone application. - The system will no longer override settings which the selected theme is agnostic about. So, if you have a feature such as Icon Boxes enabled on your system, unless the Theme Choices file explicitly chooses to alter it, your settings will be preserved. - A system variable, Theme$Name, is set to the name of the current theme (or '[No theme]' if none is pres...

Theme manager
I have Red Hat Linux installed on my computer. When I try to use the KDE theme manager to install a new theme, it tells me there is no themerc file. But there is! Why doesn't it recognize the themerc file? On 28 Oct 2003 11:40:23 -0800, onceandagain21629 <onceandagain21629@yahoo.com> wrote: > > > I have Red Hat Linux installed on my computer. When I try to use the > KDE theme manager to install a new theme, it tells me there is no > themerc file. But there is! Why doesn't it recognize the themerc file? It's probably in the wrong directory. Or the permission...

[News] More Pictures of KDE 4 and Another Amazing KDE 4 Theme
KDE 4.0 Beta 4 Screenshots http://www.thecodingstudio.com/opensource/linux/screenshots/index.php?linux_distribution_sm=KDE%204.0%20Beta%204 Chjeck out this nice KDE4 theme: Bespin - alternatywa dla KDE 4 http://www.jarzebski.pl//read/bespin-alternatywa-dla-kde-4.so Tux Pumpkin! http://www.flickr.com/photos/chemist/1811471244/ Related: KDE 4 Beta Videos ,----[ Quote ] | Jos Poortvliet has produced a set of videos showing some features fo the | upcoming KDE 4. Until now the featured applications are some games, KTouch, | Kalzium and Gwenview.   `---- http://liquidat.wordpress.c...

[News] KDE SC 4.4.4 is Out, a Look at KDE Partition Manager 1.1