KDE Theme Manager?

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

Is there a theme manager for KDE?  And if there is, how do access it, or
install it?  Is there anything equivalent to the GNOME theme manager?

Thanks,

Don
0
Reply nntp.20.donald2007 (3) 5/6/2007 6:45:21 PM

See related articles to this posting

Don wrote:
> Is there a theme manager for KDE?  And if there is, how do access it, or
> install it?  Is there anything equivalent to the GNOME theme manager?

Run the control-center and you should find it under "Appearance & Themes",
think it's the Gnome2 theme who did get it from KDE and not the other way around.

--

  //Aho
0

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

KDE Theme Manager on Debian Sarge
Hi I do not have the theme manager in my Control Center (KDE version 3.2.2). Has the package kthememgr been discontinued ? # apt-cache search *theme* E: Regex compilation error # apt-cache search kthememgr # How do I install new themes now ? I can install icon themes, but anything else. Thanks. ...

KDE Theme Manager on Debian Sarge #2
Hi I do not have the theme manager in my Control Center (KDE version 3.2.2). Has the package kthememgr been discontinued ? # apt-cache search *theme* E: Regex compilation error # apt-cache search kthememgr # How do I install new themes now ? I can install icon themes, but nothing else apparently. Thanks. Madhusudan Singh wrote: > I do not have the theme manager in my Control Center (KDE version > 3.2.2). > Has the package kthememgr been discontinued ? The word is "yes". On the kde-linux mailing list, developers write that there will be a theme m...

[News] Plasma Team Improves Themes Management in KDE

Re: AW: wxGTK/KDE-theme/Other port: KDE
------=_NextPart_000_0005_01C62378.12310D10 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable >About the Qt/KDE (not considering the Trolltech problem): are there any = >benefit or disadvantage of porting the wxWidgets using the GTK instead=20 >the Qt?=20 Actually it is probably more advantagous using QT but there is the only = real issue which is licensing licensing licensing >And X11, why does not it work? Is it more difficult to port=20 using X11? X11 by definition has no "native" look and feel so...

Managing your manager
Has anyone had any success with explaining how first slowing down the process can actually speed up the production in the long term? Toby Dunn > From: toby dunn > Has anyone had any success with explaining how first slowing down the > process can actually speed up the production in the long term? Philip B. Crosby, he of Zero Defects fame: http://www.philipcrosby.com/ 222. Never put development people in charge of production. They get too used to changing things whenever they feel it's necessary. quoted in: http://www.listserv.uga.edu/cgi-bin/wa?A2=ind0501D&L=...

Theme Manager
Only a few hours after posting, a nasty bug has popped up already! If you try and run the Theme Manager (or start your computer with the Themes system installed) and get an error beginning 'Theme Selector 1.07:xxx", it may be because you're using a theme from the previous distribution that's no longer bundled with the latest version. If so, simply delete the small text file in Choices:Themes, or just run the Theme Manager from Configure to set to a theme you do have. This is fixed in the latest version I have here, which I'll upload once I've collected and squashed the...

Themes Manager
I've posted a revised version of my Theme Manager system on my website, with new versions of !Themes and !ThemeMan. Key changes are: - The Theme Manager now appears as a !Configure Plug-in rather than a stand-alone application. - The system will no longer override settings which the selected theme is agnostic about. So, if you have a feature such as Icon Boxes enabled on your system, unless the Theme Choices file explicitly chooses to alter it, your settings will be preserved. - A system variable, Theme$Name, is set to the name of the current theme (or '[No theme]' if none is pres...

Theme manager
I have Red Hat Linux installed on my computer. When I try to use the KDE theme manager to install a new theme, it tells me there is no themerc file. But there is! Why doesn't it recognize the themerc file? On 28 Oct 2003 11:40:23 -0800, onceandagain21629 <onceandagain21629@yahoo.com> wrote: > > > I have Red Hat Linux installed on my computer. When I try to use the > KDE theme manager to install a new theme, it tells me there is no > themerc file. But there is! Why doesn't it recognize the themerc file? It's probably in the wrong directory. Or the permission...

[News] More Pictures of KDE 4 and Another Amazing KDE 4 Theme
KDE 4.0 Beta 4 Screenshots http://www.thecodingstudio.com/opensource/linux/screenshots/index.php?linux_distribution_sm=KDE%204.0%20Beta%204 Chjeck out this nice KDE4 theme: Bespin - alternatywa dla KDE 4 http://www.jarzebski.pl//read/bespin-alternatywa-dla-kde-4.so Tux Pumpkin! http://www.flickr.com/photos/chemist/1811471244/ Related: KDE 4 Beta Videos ,----[ Quote ] | Jos Poortvliet has produced a set of videos showing some features fo the | upcoming KDE 4. Until now the featured applications are some games, KTouch, | Kalzium and Gwenview.   `---- http://liquidat.wordpress.c...

Customizing/Skinning/Theming web based applications using KDE themes (Keramik/Crystal SVG)
Hello, I would like to use KDE themes to customize my web based applications. I searched for a few themes and icons that would suit my needs and found Crystal SVG icons everywhere. Then I stumbled upon the KDE themes and learnt they chose Keramik as a default theme. I don't use KDE yet as I don't even own a Linux distribution, if you can advice me one to design and develop desktop and web based applications... By web based application I mean websites and any other thing you can use with your favourite web browser. While searching for information about Keramik I found a few int...

[News] KDE SC 4.4.4 is Out, a Look at KDE Partition Manager 1.1

[News] [Linux] A Video of KDE's New File Manager, New KDE Icons
KDE Commit Digest - Issue 62 ,----[ Quote ] | Rafael Fernandez Lopez illustrates his latest work on KListView | (implemented in Dolphin) with a video... `---- http://commit-digest.org/issues/2007-06-10/ HIG Hunting Season: Icons ,----[ Quote ] | The great work of the Oxygen icon artists is a much discussed and | anticipated part of KDE 4. The new icons now follow the | freedesktop.org naming specification which makes it easier | to share icons between applications of several desktop environments. `---- http://dot.kde.org/1181568514/ Related: Refreshing your filesystem ,----[ Quote...

Monochrome theme for KDE?
Greetings. Is there a monochrome (i.e., 1-bit black and white) theme for KDE? I'm looking for something that will make the entire UI black and white, like the original Mac OS. Browsing KDE-Look.org I found a couple black and white icon sets, but nothing in the way of black and white colour schemes and window decorations. Black & White icon set: http://www.kde-look.org/content/show.php?content=777 Monochrome icon set: http://www.kde-look.org/content/show.php?content=18317 Regards, Tristan -- _ _V.-o Tristan Miller [en,(fr,de,ia)] >< Space is limited ...

KDE Print Manager.
How does one update the printers list in the Print Manager that ships with KDE 3.1? I would like to add my Samsung ML-1210, and so far, the soultion is proving elusive. Any recommendations? Thanks, Marv KDE 3.1 is quite old! Update to KDE 3.5.1 or better update to Suse Linux 10.1 -- Marv Soloff wrote: > How does one update the printers list in the Print Manager that ships > with KDE 3.1? I would like to add my Samsung ML-1210, and so far, the > soultion is proving elusive. > > Any recommendations? > > Thanks, > > Marv Will do just that next week when I...

Beta Themes Manager
I've written a simple Themes Manager for RISC OS. This enables easy switching between Desktop 'themes' (collections of icon sets, window tools, etc.). It comes with three sample themes to try out, and it's easy to modify existing themes to work with the system. This is very much beta software: there will probably be bugs and stupidities in it. As it involves installing a folder in your !Boot sequence, you should only run this if you're reasonably confident you can restore things if they become messed-up. Installation instructions are in the !Help file within !ThemeMan. Th...

file manager in kde
I have pressed a wrong button when using KDE's File Manager. The conseqence of this is that I have lost a menue bar - the one with the words "file" "edit" etc.Can anyone tell me how to restore it as I'm currently unable to delete files. Thank you, Michelle Hello Michelle Appleton (<michelle@sestina.f9.co.uk>) wrote: > I have pressed a wrong button when using KDE's File Manager. The > conseqence of this is that I have lost a menue bar - the one with the > words "file" "edit" etc.Can anyone tell me how to restore it as ...

KDE window manager and Tk
Hi there! Yeah, that's me and my problems again :) Here's an another one: My Tk application runs both on linux and windows. As I can see - under windows there are 3 buttons in top label of window: minimize, maxymize and close - just like all windows in Windows. I've also these 3 buttons under my KDE, but not for Tk applications. They have only 2 buttons: minimize and close. How to enable maxymize button under KDE wm? If someone know also how to do same thing for Gnome and WindowMaker (and others) it would be nice to write it out here :) I was looking for it on wiki.tcl.tk, but n...

Openview Manager of Manager
Hi there, Reg. Openview Operations 7.1x I try to setup a Manager of Manager connections between two OVO-Managementserver. My problem is, that I have no idea howto start with this. Can so give me little advice howto start. Which protocol is needed? Which ports must be opened, ... how to configure on the Management Server. Thanks for any kind of advice, Steven ...

Print Manager hands in KDE
I am running Caldera Workstation V3.11, kernel 2.4.13, on a Pentium II-333 (a very reliable machine over a long period of time). I go to START ~ PREFERENCES ~ SYSTEM ~ PRINTING MANAGER and for some reason it hangs. My system has never done this before and I've been running this version of Caldera for a long time. The only application I run is a Point of Sale (POS) system for inventory and sales of many thousands of car parts. How can I fix this problem? I can rebuild the machine and restore the data, but that's a moderate amount of work. Does anyone have any ideas on a simple method ...

KDE: task manager documentation?
Does anyone know if KDE provides documentation for KDE's task manager? It appears it is full of features which, as I can't find any information on how to use them, in practice they are left unused. Rui Maciel ...

Managing managed accounts
One of my accounts (OS 10.5.8) is a managed one. By mistake I set an application (Little Snitch Configuration) to Always Allow when it should have been Allow Once. I can't see how to change this back. The app is unchecked in the list of permitted applications. I found a plist named com.apple.applicationaccess.new.plist in the username subfolder of the Managed Preferences folder, and when I looked at it I could see that the app was in this plist's whitelist. So I replaced this file by one from an old Time Machine backup, and checked that the replacement went ok, and the app was no l...

how to install new kde themes
i thought i remembered a kde theme manager that i used to use to install new themes. under control panel i dont see it anymore. how do i install a new theme in kde (or gnome for that matter)? grilla wrote: > i thought i remembered a kde theme manager that i used to use to install > new themes. under control panel i dont see it anymore. how do i install a > new theme in kde (or gnome for that matter)? By looking again... :-) -- regards, andrew ...

Re: Managing your manager
> From: toby dunn > Has anyone had any success with explaining how first slowing down the > process can actually speed up the production in the long term? Philip B. Crosby, he of Zero Defects fame: http://www.philipcrosby.com/ 222. Never put development people in charge of production. They get too used to changing things whenever they feel it's necessary. quoted in: http://www.listserv.uga.edu/cgi-bin/wa?A2=ind0501D&L=sas-l&P=R33943 from my mutual fund: Slow and steady wins the race http://www.arielcapital.com/ There has to be a balance. Ron Fehd the macr...

manage managed-keys?
Hello, How do you manage "managed-keys"? I there a way to ask bind which key (for a given zone) is actually in use? Or is there a possibility to get rid of a trust anchor that found it's way into managed-keys.bind (short of stopping bind and editing managed-keys.bind)? Best, Gilles -- Fondation RESTENA - DNS-LU 6, rue Coudenhove-Kalergi L-1359 Luxembourg tel: (+352) 424409 fax: (+352) 422473 ...