KDE Theme Manager?

Is there a theme manager for KDE?  And if there is, how do access it, or
install it?  Is there anything equivalent to the GNOME theme manager?

Thanks,

Don
comp.windows.x.kde 4361 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

Don wrote:
> Is there a theme manager for KDE?  And if there is, how do access it, or
> install it?  Is there anything equivalent to the GNOME theme manager?

Run the control-center and you should find it under "Appearance & Themes",
think it's the Gnome2 theme who did get it from KDE and not the other way around.

--

  //Aho
0

(310) US-CA-West Los Angeles: Business Intelligence/Reporting Manager, Business (41866)
********************************************************************** This job posting is brought to you by ISHUNTER.COM, offering computer jobs for programmers, engineers, systems analysts, network administrators and other high technology professionals. Search over 3,000 IS/IT jobs in the United States by clicking on http://www.ISHunter.com ********************************************************************** Title ...... Business Intelligence/Reporting Manager, Business Skills ..... Business Objects (preferably) or Hyperion Essbase or Cognos or Microstrategy or NC...

text_file_delta manager
Hi, anyone here can explain me on what exactly text_file_delta manager does. Harish Varadarajan wrote: > anyone here can explain me on what exactly text_file_delta manager does. cleartool man type_manager. HTH... Dirk -- Dirk Heinrichs | Tel: +49 (0)162 234 3408 Configuration Manager | Fax: +49 (0)211 47068 111 Capgemini Deutschland | Mail: dirk.heinrichs@capgemini.com Hambornerstra�e 55 | Web: http://www.capgemini.com D-40472 D�sseldorf | ICQ#: 110037733 GPG Public Key C2E467BB | Keyserver: www.keyserver.net ...

Colour drawing problem with wxgtk on kde when using the "Use my KDE style in GTK Application" option of kde settings
Hello, as the subject says i have problems with the colours. If i look at the listctrl samples chnaging the backround does not work, the palette control of the color chooser is all grey. The color of the entry is only shown if i start dragging the colour field. wxGtk head gtk2 Yoper linux. If i change the setting "Use my KDE style in GTK Application" to "Use another style" all work s ok after app restart. regards, gunnar --------------------------------------------------------------------- To unsubscribe, e-mail: wx-users-unsubscribe@lists.wxwidgets...

US MA / SW Performance Manager
Kronos is looking to add a Sr. Peformance Engineer/Manager to our Engineering organization. If you are interested in learning more about this opportunity, please contact me at Lsaba@kronos.com. Thanks, Lisa Saba Kronos Incorporated Kronos Incorporated is a single-source provider of human resources, payroll, scheduling, and time and labor solutions. Kronos' best-in-class Employee Relationship Management solution enables organizations to reduce costs and increase productivity, improve employee satisfaction, align employee performance with organizational objectives, and put ...

Zentimo xStorage Manager 1.0.4
It's a USB device manager aimed to save time and extend user abilities on active work with flash-drives, portable drives, card readers and and other gadgets. It is a full-fledged tool to manage and save your portable drive data, it allows you to safely remove the drives displaying locking processes, has portable apps launch list, can automatically dismount TrueCrypt drives, lets you hide empty card reader slot drives, etc. More Info: http://zentimo.com/ Download URL: http://zentimo.com/zentimosetup.exe Screenshot URL: http://zentimo.com/screenshots/main_window.png Order Page: h...

cannot log out or shut down from KDE
[Using Debian Unstable, KDE 3.2.2. ] The KDE logout/shutdown panel does nothing when I select an option - I can only shutdown from the command line. When I try to log out from the command line using: dcop --all-sessions --user $USER ksmserver default logout 0 -1 -1 I get the error message: ERROR: No active KDE sessions! If you are sure there is one, please set the $DCOPSERVER variable manually before calling dcop. Previously I used "apt-get remove" to get rid of xmms, and I just said yes to the options without looking. When I checked, the apt-get report said it would remove ...

fonts definitions in KDE / Gnome
I did perform a "serious" upgrade, from RedHat 7.3 to Fedora FC3 - and I found myself in fonts'hell. It took a lot of time to understand that the main novelty is the font handling in Xft, I hope somebody will point me to some good article discussing it. But the most pressing problem now is to be able to apply fonts to applications that "talk" in the old dialect (e.g. you know: -adobe-times-medium-r-normal--24-240-75-75-p-124-iso8859-4 - I certainly won't miss it). I see that KDE/Gnome apps define their fonts the human way. For example in Konsole: Settings->Fon...

Error management : php-pgsql.
Hello, My goal : obtain the error message if the connection fail. ## my code : <?php $cnxString =3D "host=3Dlocalhost port=3D5432 dbname=3Dtoto user=3Datlante password=3DaiThoo3g"; $pgsql_conn =3D pg_connect($cnxString, PGSQL_CONNECT_FORCE_NEW); if ($pgsql_conn) { print "Connexion r=E9ussie =E0 : " . pg_host($pgsql_conn) . "<br/>\n"; } else { echo pg_last_notice($pgsql_conn); exit; } ?> ## if =ABphp_value display_errors 1=BB the screen result is this one : Warning: pg_connect() [function.pg-connect]: Unable to connect to PostgreSQL server...

manage Documents with http
Hi, I'm searching for a software to change and manage Documents over the internet. Something like a webbased Fileserver. Any tips??? Thanks in advance Stephan ...

[News] KDE Release Parties Celebrated; Camp KDE Coverage

Anyone Try Network Station Manager on V5R3?
I have Network Station Manager V2 (5648-C07) running on my iSeries 820 at V5R2. I'm planning the upgrade to V5R3, and see that it is not supported by IBM. Now, "not supported" can mean the queue at the Support Center is gone (which it is) and NOT mean it won't run...so...I'm wondering if anyone out there is still using NSM V2 and has tried it on a V5R3 box. Anyone out there give it a shot? Bob Romanko UVA HR Management Systems ...

Beamer Berlin theme
Hello, I'm typesetting my first presentation using beamer. Thus I have a few questions. I searched the user guide but wasn't able to locate answers. So here they come. How to transpose dots that show progress of the presentation to be horizontal in beamer's Berlin theme and suppress two bottom bars (one with author the other one with presentation name)? I'd also like to automatically number all slides. For the first two I tried \setbeamertemplate{navigation symbols}[horizontal] \useoutertheme[footline=empty]{} but it didn't work. Finally, how to add subitems of \i...

New freeware: A better way to manage your ogg and mp3 files
mdb 0.1.2 beta is available for free use and distribution under the GNU General Public License for Linux, Apple OS X and Microsoft Windows XP and 2000. Go to http://www.mtnmath.com/mdb for complete information and downloads. It is also available at SourceForge.net at http://sourceforge.net/projects/mms-mdb. What is mdb? mdb was inspired by Apple's iTunes. I loved the flexible access to my digitized CD collection, but was repeatedly frustrated by the program's limitations. Central to these is the long delay in copying a large number of tracks. In mdb you can quickly copy a playlist b...

Managing Front PAge in BSD
Does anyone have a simple how to mange Front Page Extemsions for BSD?? I did grab the ports, installed, but still cannot figure out the manager. -- Member - Liberal International On 11 Sept 2001 the WORLD was violated. This is doctor@nl2k.ab.ca Ici doctor@nl2k.ab.ca Society MUST be saved! Extremists must dissolve. Nova Scotians on 5 August 2003 VOTE Liberal!! ...

Re: Customizing Display Manager appearance on startup
On Fri, 21 Sep 2007 10:02:46 -0000, John Uebersax <jsuebersax@GMAIL.COM> wrote: >Hi Group, > >Whenever I open the SAS 9.1 Display Manager (running Windowws XP >Professional), several extra steps are needed to arrange the windows >before starting to program. One issue is that the DM always opens in >a small window, so that I have to click the 'maximize window' icon -- >and there are various other similar set-up tasks. > >Can anyone suggest ways to change the default opening appearance of DM >in the ways listed below? Either with option settings or ...

kde
Hi all I've just installed KDE by using pkg_add kdelibs on OpenBSD 3.6 I can start X with startx, I can start KDE with startkde or kdm However after logging into kde all I get is an xterm. As I have never installed a window manager on OpenBSD before I'm not sure if this is what I should expect or (as I suspect) I have been shortchanged. I should point out my monitor is of a vintage that certain resolutions cause it bork (Man. Commodore model 1930 III ) However I have had debian running KDE on the same monitor without issue Any ideas? TIA -- Hardware, n.: The parts ...

memory management and Windows 64
Another question. I am using MATLAB under Windows XP on my main computer, and while I have 2Go of RAM, I do not seem to be able to use more than about 1Go in MATLAB. (This is an issue for a few programs as I would need to store larger matrices.) My understanding is that Windows 32 bits has this kind of restrictions on allocation of RAM to applications, but shifting to Windows 64 bits (or Linux ) would allow to get rid of these restrictions. Has anyone encountered similar problems and made the shift to 64-bit? Any other tips to reduce memory requirements? Thanks for your help, Francois Try ...

how to use task manager to detect memory leaks?
Hi all, &nbsp; I have a scanning program. for latge scans it crashes with an out of memory error. However, when looking at task manager, nothing much seems to be wrong. What field am I supposed to be looking at? PF usage? commit charge? Does anyone know what each one means and which one I should be monitoring to detect my memory leak? &nbsp; (I can't use the profiler to test my program - I wrote about it in another thread - it simply crashes Labview every time I try....) &nbsp; Thanks! Danielle (I can't use the profiler to test my program Looks more like a software corr...

Nvidia driver install help for two monitors on Linux X11 Xinerama Gnome KDE XF86Config xorg.conf Mandrake
I had to search and experiment for a while to get two monitors working on my Linux X11 Gnome / KDE Mandrake 10.1 setup. This post is just to share how I got it all working in hopes that it helps someone. First off, this assumes you have X working with a single monitor, have the basic concepts of X11 configuration, and have setup your config file using xf86config cmdline utility. One thing this will do is setup a line in your config with the correct PCI bus info for your video card. This issue is mostly independent of the distro. It hardly matters if you are on RedHat, Suse, Mand...

all KDE app builds fail
I upgraded to KDE 3.1.3, in Debian unstable. This includes libqt3c102-mt and all the related build packages: libqt3-mt-dev, kdelibs4-dev, and libqt3-compat-headers. I also upgraded my gcc to version 3.2.2. Now whenever I try to build a KDE app from source (e.g. kgpg, kopete, knowit), I get the infamous error message # ./configure --with-qt-dir=/usr/share/qt3 <snip> checking for Qt... configure: error: Qt (>= Qt 3.0.3) (library qt-mt) not found. Please check your installation! For more details about this problem, look at the end of config.log. Make sure that you have compiled Qt wi...

Which KDE get to use sound?
I am running several X servers with KDE, all on the same monitor. How do I know (and control) which one gets to use the sound output? Apparently only one at a time can make sound, but sometimes none of them can and usually the one I need can not. Hi, hans_schulze98@yahoo.de schrieb: > I am running several X servers with KDE, all on the same monitor. How > do I know (and control) > which one gets to use the sound output? Apparently only one at a time > can make sound, but > sometimes none of them can and usually the one I need can not. The sound output should be on the system...

KDE
So something interesting I noticed today when I logged onto my KDE session. I still sign up for those "tips and tricks" window message every time I sign on, but this I found to be quite interesting: "Most non-KDE sound applications that do not know about the sound server can be run using the artsdsp command. When the application is run, accesses to the audio device will be redirected to the artsd sound server. The command format is: artsdsp application arguments ..." Now, of course the question that comes to mind is: don't both KDE and GNOME rely on the Linux OS...

A Look at KDE for Tablets

Onsite Project Manager opening,
Onsite Project Manager opening, - Smalltalk , TX, USA Start Date; Immediate Primary Role: Onsite Project Manager Primary Skill set: Smalltalk (VisualWorks with ENVY) and Gemstone / S Database: Gemstone Job Description: Interface with onsite client, start the onsite engagement, build and ramp up the onsite team with lead the team in production support, design and development, maintenance of a mission critical production application of a technology. Manage the onsite team and report to onsite account manager and offshore delivery manager. Bottom line responsibility to m...

CFP: THE ALBERTO MENDELZON WORKSHOP ON FOUNDATIONS OF DATA MANAGEMENT
CALL FOR PAPERS THE ALBERTO MENDELZON WORKSHOP ON FOUNDATIONS OF DATA MANAGEMENT May 12--15, 2009, Arequipa, Peru http://db.cs.ualberta.ca/amw09/ The "Alberto Mendelzon International Workshop on Foundations of Data Management" (AMW 2009) will be held in Arequipa, Peru, between May 12-15, 2009. This will be the first open version of the workshop, of which there were two previous versions before, in Laguna San Rafael, Chile, November 2006 (http://grupoweb.upf.es/bd-web/); and Punta del Este, Uruguay, November 2007 (http://www.fing.edu.uy/inco/grupos/csi/AMW07/). This is an initiat...