KDE Theme Manager?

Is there a theme manager for KDE?  And if there is, how do access it, or
install it?  Is there anything equivalent to the GNOME theme manager?

Thanks,

Don
comp.windows.x.kde 4366 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

Don wrote:
> Is there a theme manager for KDE?  And if there is, how do access it, or
> install it?  Is there anything equivalent to the GNOME theme manager?

Run the control-center and you should find it under "Appearance & Themes",
think it's the Gnome2 theme who did get it from KDE and not the other way around.

--

  //Aho
0

[News] Window Managers/Desktop Environments Tour: Openbox, Window Maker, and KDE

Re: AW: wxGTK/KDE-theme/Other port: KDE
------=_NextPart_000_0005_01C62378.12310D10 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable >About the Qt/KDE (not considering the Trolltech problem): are there any = >benefit or disadvantage of porting the wxWidgets using the GTK instead=20 >the Qt?=20 Actually it is probably more advantagous using QT but there is the only = real issue which is licensing licensing licensing >And X11, why does not it work? Is it more difficult to port=20 using X11? X11 by definition has no "native" look and feel so...

KDE window manager and Tk
Hi there! Yeah, that's me and my problems again :) Here's an another one: My Tk application runs both on linux and windows. As I can see - under windows there are 3 buttons in top label of window: minimize, maxymize and close - just like all windows in Windows. I've also these 3 buttons under my KDE, but not for Tk applications. They have only 2 buttons: minimize and close. How to enable maxymize button under KDE wm? If someone know also how to do same thing for Gnome and WindowMaker (and others) it would be nice to write it out here :) I was looking for it on wiki.tcl.tk, but nothing found :( -- Pozdrawiam (Greetings)! Googie "Googie" <googie@no.spam.org> wrote in message news:cb9obv$npr$1@nemesis.news.tpi.pl... : Hi there! : : Yeah, that's me and my problems again :) : Here's an another one: My Tk application runs both on linux and windows. As : I can see - under windows there are 3 buttons in top label of window: : minimize, maxymize and close - just like all windows in Windows. I've also : these 3 buttons under my KDE, but not for Tk applications. They have only 2 : buttons: minimize and close. How to enable maxymize button under KDE wm? : : If someone know also how to do same thing for Gnome and WindowMaker (and : others) it would be nice to write it out here :) : : I was looking for it on wiki.tcl.tk, but nothing found :( Googie, Here's a recent google thread related to this topic. Does it help? http://www.google.com...

window manager + kde suggestions
I've got the latest version of kde from source and i'm running a debian machine--the window managers below are installed from debian packages. My problem is finding a window manager that works well with kde. to get going i do this: 1. startx this starts up sawfish 2. open a terminal and nohup startkde 2>/dev/null 1>/dev/null & this starts kde and i can now close the terminal window without worry now, what happens is kde starts up fine but there are no icons on the kde desktop (such as trash bin, etc). so i try a different window manager--icewm. 1...

[KDE 3.5.X] Switch between KDE/Gnome
Hi, I am under Debian etch / 2.6.21-2-686 compiled / KDE 3.5.7. I want to test Gnome. I made a : sudo aptitude install nautilus gnome-control-center gnome-applets gnome-icon-theme sawfish-gnome gnome-desktop-environment But when I restart my session. I don't see Gnome in WM lists. ---> Nothing I try to look where the configuration file is stored for choosing the Window Manager but I don't find .. trying : /etc/kde3/kdm/Xsession /etc/X11/Xsession /etc/kde3/kdm/kdmrc /usr/share/apps/kdm/sessions/* ---> Nothing and doing sudo dpkg-reconfigure ---> Nothing googled too .. PS : When I do : sudo aptitude install gnome-session I have : �criture de l'information d'�tat �tendu... Fait Extraction des mod�les depuis les paquets : 100% Pr�configuration des paquets... dpkg - avertissement : libgnome2.0-cil mis � jour de la version 2.16.0-7 vers l'ancienne version 2.8.3-2. (Lecture de la base de donn�es... 112250 fichiers et r�pertoires d�j� install�s.) Pr�paration du remplacement de libgnome2.0-cil 2.16.0-7 (en utilisant ..../libgnome2.0-cil_2.8.3-2_i386.deb) ... D�paquetage de la mise � jour de libgnome2.0-cil ... dpkg : erreur de traitement de /var/cache/apt/archives/libgnome2.0-cil_2.8.3-2_i386.deb (--unpack) : tentative de remplacement de � /usr/lib/mono/gac/policy.2.4.art-sharp/0.0.0.0__35e10195dab3c99f/policy.2.4.art-sharp.dll �, qui appartient aussi au paquet libart2.0-cil dpkg-deb: sous-processus paste tu� par le signal (Relais bris� ...

Can't load Konqueror KDE 3.2.1 with Mac OS X X Windows
Hello. I am able to use Mac OS X Panther X app to load: kmail konsole kate kde help center but can't load konqueror. This is a big drag as we want to use kmail rather than the Mac Mail as Mac Mail does not like backing up with tar and gzip. Has anybody hit this problem? Alternatively, does anyone know how to configure kmail to use mozilla or netscape rather than konqueror to open attachments? Oh, the Linux OS is SuSe 9.1. Kernel is the latest 2.6x Thanks Mike ...

[News] More Pictures of KDE 4 and Another Amazing KDE 4 Theme
KDE 4.0 Beta 4 Screenshots http://www.thecodingstudio.com/opensource/linux/screenshots/index.php?linux_distribution_sm=KDE%204.0%20Beta%204 Chjeck out this nice KDE4 theme: Bespin - alternatywa dla KDE 4 http://www.jarzebski.pl//read/bespin-alternatywa-dla-kde-4.so Tux Pumpkin! http://www.flickr.com/photos/chemist/1811471244/ Related: KDE 4 Beta Videos ,----[ Quote ] | Jos Poortvliet has produced a set of videos showing some features fo the | upcoming KDE 4. Until now the featured applications are some games, KTouch, | Kalzium and Gwenview.   `---- http://liquidat.wordpress.c...

X-Windows window manager
Is there any X-Windows window manager (simmilar to Gnome or KDE) implemented in Smalltalk? Thanks for any directions. Vlastik Vlastimil Adamovsky wrote: > > Is there any X-Windows window manager (simmilar to Gnome or KDE) implemented > in Smalltalk? > > Thanks for any directions. > There is a X Windows system server: http://map1.squeakfoundation.org/sm/package/33383357-4e8b-4dcb-8d54-c5905a299e36 Karl ...

X Windows debugger and kde/cygwin/xfree86
I use kde (3.1.something) on cygwin/xfree86. Most X Windows applications that run on OpenVMS work perfectly fine except for the debugger. For some reason when I try to use the X windows debugger from a DECterm window, the DCL process hangs. I cannot even control-y out of this. I have to close the window or stop the process. I have noticed that the debugger seems to work with some window managers but not others. For example, if I just use a vanilla window manager like twm then the debugger works fine. It doesn't work with ICE or KDE 3 but it did work with KDE 2. Does anyone have an ...

[News] KDE SC 4.4.4 is Out, a Look at KDE Partition Manager 1.1

KDE Window Manager Won't Run
Hi, I've installed Fedora Core this past week. But now, when I start a KDE session, I get a blank blue screen with a mouse pointer. KDE is still running, since I can SSH into that machine and open windows on its display, e.g. firefox --display=:0.0, but with no frame to resize or move the window. What can I do? Thanks On Sat, 28 Jan 2006 17:03:47 +0000, santiago538 wrote: > Hi, > > I've installed Fedora Core this past week. But now, when I start a KDE > session, I get a blank blue screen with a mouse pointer. KDE is still > running, since I can SSH into that machine and open windows on its > display, e.g. firefox --display=:0.0, but with no frame to resize or > move the window. What can I do? > > Thanks If you can open an xterm, try to manually run kwin and kicker in an xterm and see what happens. You might have to type the absolute path of each...//p Peter Hinkle wrote: > On Sat, 28 Jan 2006 17:03:47 +0000, santiago538 wrote: > > >>Hi, >> >>I've installed Fedora Core this past week. But now, when I start a KDE >>session, I get a blank blue screen with a mouse pointer. KDE is still >>running, since I can SSH into that machine and open windows on its >>display, e.g. firefox --display=:0.0, but with no frame to resize or >>move the window. What can I do? >> >>Thanks > > If you can open an xterm, try to manually run kwin and kicker in an xterm > a...

[News] Plasma Team Improves Themes Management in KDE

[News] A Look at New KDE4 Plasma Themes; KDE for Windows
Plasma Themes - A Sneak Peak On What is Coming ,----[ Quote ] | Plasma development is accelerating post-release. The Plasma roadmap for KDE | 4.1 also sheds some light on what the developers hope to accomplish: | scripting, semantic zooming, much-needed documentation, support for WebKit in | plasmoids, magnetic grouping, better configuration handling, panel | configuration, and support for real Qt widgets on Plasmoids using Qt 4.4, and | plasmoid flipping. If the Plasma developers can get all of that ready to go | for KDE 4.1, it will be a major victory. `---- http://linux.wordpr...

Empty KDE Control Center: "No K menu group with X-KDE-BaseGroup=settings found"
For a long time, I have not been able to get KDE Control Center to display any configuration modules, or anything at all but the intro screen and an empty "Network" folder. When I start up KDE from the terminal, it prints this warning: "kcontrol: WARNING: No K menu group with X-KDE-BaseGroup=settings found ! Defaulting to Settings/". I've tried many times to delete the $HOME/.kde and $HOME/.qt settings directories as well as anything to do with KDE in /tmp and /var/tmp, to no avail. This problem has persisted over a number of years, through Slackware 9.1, 10.0, 10.2 and 11.0 installations, with KDE versions 3.1.4, 3.2.3, 3.4.2, and 3.5.4, respectively. And now I'm finally tired of it. :-) For clarity: I'm currently running Slackware 11.0 with KDE 3.5.4. Does anyone have any ideas, hints, or pointers on how to squash this bug? TIA, - Martijn (Netherlands) Martijn Dekker <martijn@inlv.demon.nl> wrote: > I've tried many times to delete the $HOME/.kde and $HOME/.qt settings > directories as well as anything to do with KDE in /tmp and /var/tmp, to > no avail. > > This problem has persisted over a number of years, through Slackware > 9.1, 10.0, 10.2 and 11.0 installations, with KDE versions 3.1.4, 3.2.3, > 3.4.2, and 3.5.4, respectively. And now I'm finally tired of it. :-) Sorry, I have no solution as removing ~/.kde didn't help. However, I have also noted that jumping between Slackware 8 ...

kde
Hi all I've just installed KDE by using pkg_add kdelibs on OpenBSD 3.6 I can start X with startx, I can start KDE with startkde or kdm However after logging into kde all I get is an xterm. As I have never installed a window manager on OpenBSD before I'm not sure if this is what I should expect or (as I suspect) I have been shortchanged. I should point out my monitor is of a vintage that certain resolutions cause it bork (Man. Commodore model 1930 III ) However I have had debian running KDE on the same monitor without issue Any ideas? TIA -- Hardware, n.: The parts ...

install & set-up X-windows running KDE on my FreeBSD 5.1?
Dear Experts, Could anyone guide me or tell me howto install and set-up X-Windows running KDE on my FreeBSD 5.1?(for e.g. website URL etc.) I'm using Nvidia GeForce2 MX 64MB graphic card and have a 15" CRT monitor. I'm from Malaysia and I'm using Streamyx ADSL. Could anyone tell me how could I configure my Streamyx connection to work on FreeBSD 5.1? Thanks. Regards, NYC M'sia "Yiu Chung" <nyc10027@streamyx.com> wrote in message news:3f3fada0$1_2@news.tm.net.my... > Dear Experts, > > Could anyone guide me or tell me howto install and set-up X-Windows running > KDE on my FreeBSD 5.1?(for e.g. website URL etc.) > I'm using Nvidia GeForce2 MX 64MB graphic card and have a 15" CRT monitor. > I'm from Malaysia and I'm using Streamyx ADSL. Could anyone tell me how > could I configure my Streamyx connection to work on FreeBSD 5.1? > > Thanks. > > Regards, > NYC > M'sia > > Sadly I cant help you with the DSL connection, but KDE (which depends on X for operation) is on the installation CD's. I assume you did install FreeBSD, but not X. In this case you can (as root!) start /stand/sysintall and choose 'configure' -> 'packages' there. It'll likely ask you for the type of installation medium. Choose CD there, and make sure you have Disc 1 of your 5.1 set inserted. The installer will present you with a list of pa...

KDE
I'm considering an update of KDE under SuSE 9 to V3.2. I've never done this before as I am relatively new to Linux. I went to http://ftp.leo.org/pub/suse/i386/supplementary/KDE/update_for_9.0/ and found a bunch of rpm files in subdirectories that obviously make up the set required for KDE. My question is how do I know the order in which I should install these? How do I ensure all the dependencies are covered? Is there a way to build a CD that YaST can use to help with the install task or is there a way to point YaST to the aforementioned ftp location to handle the download and ins...

[News] New & Innovative Window Management in Linux; Comparing KDE and GNOME Applications
xmonad - a tiling window manager ,----[ Quote ] | Windows are managed using automatic layout algorithms, which can | be dynamically reconfigured. At any time windows are arranged so | as to maximise the use of screen real estate. All features of the | window manager are accessible purely from the keyboard: a mouse | is entirely optional. `---- http://xmonad.org/ This is new project. Metisse links below. Both are research-type projects that leap beyond that remission of a one-size-fits-all proprietary O/S. Which Has the Best Apps?: KDE vs. GNOME, Part 2 ,----[ Quote ] | So which desktop s...

[News] Latest KDE 4 Progress in Pictures, Moving from KDE to Fluxbox to Show KDE's Strengths
KDE Commit Digest - Dolphin File Manager ,----[ Quote ] | Since the last introduction of Dolphin in the Digest, many improvements have | been made. Here is a rundown of a few of the recent change... `---- http://commit-digest.org/issues/2007-08-26/ Very impressive features and a simple UI. A weekend with fluxbox. ,----[ Quote ] | My biggest problem with using fluxbox is not fluxbox itself. I wanted it to | be able to save some resources for my aging computer but I still needed to | use KDE programs. So I checked my resource usage with pure KDE and then with | fluxbox and KDE programs...

KDE 2.x & 3.x differences?
Are there major differences in the APIs between KDE 2.2 and 3.1? I bought a book last year (KDE/QT Bible) and read it in preparation for doing some KDE development. However, when I started on a small task, I found that KTMainWindow no longer exists. Are there more differences in the APIs than that and how extensive has the API set changed? -- Darryl L. Pierce <mcpierce@myrealbox.com> Visit the Infobahn Offramp - <http://mypage.org/mcpierce> "What do you care what other people think, Mr. Feynman?" On 2/13/2004 7:52 AM, I believe that Darryl L. Pierce,,, wrote: > Are there major differences in the APIs between KDE 2.2 and 3.1? I bought a > book last year (KDE/QT Bible) and read it in preparation for doing some KDE > development. However, when I started on a small task, I found that > KTMainWindow no longer exists. Are there more differences in the APIs than > that and how extensive has the API set changed? You may find the answer at http://developer.kde.org HTH, Tim Darryl L. Pierce,,, <mcpierce@myrealbox.com> wrote: > Are there major differences in the APIs between KDE 2.2 and 3.1? http://webcvs.kde.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/~checkout~/kdelibs/KDE3PORTING.html Bye, Steve ...

Would KDE work without KDE-Libs
I'm running SuSe9 with KDE 3.2.2. Yast reports no dependency problems. If I install someting from a rpm it usually works. Configuring a source program usually gives me an error like you need to install KDE-Libs first. Buggs Bunny wrote: > I'm running SuSe9 with KDE 3.2.2. > Yast reports no dependency problems. > If I install someting from a rpm it usually works. > Configuring a source program usually gives me an error > like you need to install KDE-Libs first. You want to install kdelibs-devel (Header-files for KDElibs) Buggs Bunny wrote: > I'm running SuSe9 with KDE 3.2.2. > Yast reports no dependency problems. > If I install someting from a rpm it usually works. > Configuring a source program usually gives me an error > like you need to install KDE-Libs first. Install the devel packages. Use --prefix=/opt/kde3 when running ./configure -- Ruurd ..o. ...o ooo On Thu, 27 May 2004 23:03:20 +0200, R.F. Pels wrote: > Buggs Bunny wrote: > >> I'm running SuSe9 with KDE 3.2.2. >> Yast reports no dependency problems. >> If I install someting from a rpm it usually works. >> Configuring a source program usually gives me an error >> like you need to install KDE-Libs first. > > Install the devel packages. > Use --prefix=/opt/kde3 when running ./configure I'm having problems here. I run ./configure --with-kde-dir=/opt/kde3 or ../configure --with-kdeheaders-dir=/opt/kde3 + and s...

KDE bug reports and the KDE team
Definitely some places where I think the basic answer is that it would be too hard to make right or the overall design is flawed because the open source ecosystem has a lot of maturing to do, but overall I am quite pleased with the responses so far to my bug reports. Still a lot more for the KDE folks to get through... and I goofed and posted the *same bug* twice (oops!), so it is not like I am perfect, either. So, to be clear, I am overall quite happy with the responses I have gotten - but here are some where I am disappointed: <https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=332567> ...

KDE Print Manager.
How does one update the printers list in the Print Manager that ships with KDE 3.1? I would like to add my Samsung ML-1210, and so far, the soultion is proving elusive. Any recommendations? Thanks, Marv KDE 3.1 is quite old! Update to KDE 3.5.1 or better update to Suse Linux 10.1 -- Marv Soloff wrote: > How does one update the printers list in the Print Manager that ships > with KDE 3.1? I would like to add my Samsung ML-1210, and so far, the > soultion is proving elusive. > > Any recommendations? > > Thanks, > > Marv Will do just that next week when I move to Slackware 10.2. Thanks! Marv AnonymousFC4 wrote: > KDE 3.1 is quite old! > Update to KDE 3.5.1 or better update to Suse Linux 10.1 > -- > > > Marv Soloff wrote: > > >>How does one update the printers list in the Print Manager that ships >>with KDE 3.1? I would like to add my Samsung ML-1210, and so far, the >>soultion is proving elusive. >> >>Any recommendations? >> >>Thanks, >> >>Marv > > ...

kde window behavior
I'm running kde 3.3.2 on Slackware 10.1 with 3 users (all me). On primary user (notbob) kde desktop, all kde windows will move and resize and all the usual kde window stuff no problem. On another user ....let's call him u2... all the kde windows are locked in place. No resize, no moving the window, nothing. Where it opens (max) is where is stays. Now, even on my third user (u3) which is a Window Maker desktop, windows all move, resize, etc, just fine even though I have to press my control key with the left mouse button to get any action. OK. As far as I know, I did absolutely nothing different when creating notbob and u2. I made no changes to the kde desktops of either. To the best of my knowledge, both are running full default settings. But, notbob's windows are infinitely move/size'able and u2's unmoving as a rock. Anyone have any ideas? I'm still searching google for clues, but no luck. One point. Notbob is always the first user in and x is started from the command line with: startx u2 logs in second and x is started the same way, but using: startx -- :1 That is the only difference I know of. Could that be the problem? I'd appreciate any help, as this is driving my crazy. nb On 2006-10-17, notbob <notbob@nothome.com> wrote: nevermind..... I was incorrect about having set u2's kde the exact same as notbob's. I went in with the Kpersonalizer wizard and set u2's junk to default and all is well. I&...

Web resources about - KDE Theme Manager? - comp.windows.x.kde

Manager - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Think Twice Before Kicking All Those Middle Managers to the Curb
... learn eventually. Besides, they're the only ones who know how to play the Snapchat and make the Twitters and such. So, out go the middle managers! ...

Price Drop: Motorsport Manager
Motorsport Manager 1.1.5 Device: iOS Universal Category: Games Price: Free, Version: 1.1.5 ( iTunes ) Description: "Quite possibly the best ...

INSIDER is hiring a rockstar Social Operations Manager
Business Insider is looking for someone who thinks obsessively about social media to join the INSIDER team as Social Operations Manager. INSIDER ...

Trump campaign manager involved in Arizona protest scuffle - Videos - CBS News
CBS News video shows Corey Lewandowski, Donald Trump's campaign manager, and a member of Trump's private security detail are involved in a protest ...

Mariah Carey’s manager bringing behind the scenes drama to ‘Mariah’s World’
... about it, refusing to call the series a reality show . Well, that could be accurate now, if accusations about her alleged barracuda of a manager ...

12 questions project managers should be prepared for in a job interview
Project management job interviews can be more stressful than the new job itself. Most candidates expect to talk about their strengths, weaknesses, ...

Former manager of Leeds United acquitted in Dubai tweet case
DUBAI, United Arab Emirates (AP) — A spokesman for a former manager of the British football club Leeds United says his client has been acquitted ...

Trump On Campaign Manager Yanking Collar Of Protester: ‘I Give Him Credit For Having Spirit’
Trump On Campaign Manager Yanking Collar Of Protester: ‘I Give Him Credit For Having Spirit’

Mourinho Seems To Win Even As A Manager Without A Club
Former Inter Milan's coach from Portugal Jose Mourinho arrives at the Italian Serie A football match Inter Milan' vs Sampdoria' at 'San Siro' ...