/etc/fonts/fonts.conf

What exactly do I need to add to fonts.conf after I added
ProggyClean.afm to /usr/share/fonts/default (I converted ttf to afm
using ttf2afm)
Thanks
Yakov

0
Yakov
11/4/2006 8:11:32 PM
comp.windows.x 1388 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

"Yakov Lerner" <iler.ml@gmail.com> writes:

> What exactly do I need to add to fonts.conf after I added
> ProggyClean.afm to /usr/share/fonts/default (I converted ttf to afm
> using ttf2afm)

You don't need to add anything.  Just run fc-cache.  This really has
nothing to do with X.  If you want to make X aware of your new font,
you should run mkfontscale and mkfontdir in that directory.

--
M�ns Rullg�rd
mru@inprovide.com

Linotype Font Explorer X, Windows XP & System Fonts
Hi all, I grabbed the above as a replacement for Suitcase (mine's a bit old and creaky) and as ever with Beta software did a backup of critical data and created a system restore point prior to installation. It has however, utterly broken the system fonts - some applications (notably Suitcase - I think it knew what I was up to) and now displays a bold 10pt face which can make some applications unusable. It initially trashed Windows (all fonts vanished, Start Bar, icons, the lot) but a reboot to "last known working configuration" restored these to some weird anti-aliased condense...

MAC Fonts/Windows Fonts
Recently, I was using a Apple MAC and opened a .doc file. I printed the file out and noticed that the font was really "cool," the a was more like an a we write with a c and a line (you know, kinda like we write and NOT the way courier new does). I am trying to figure out: First, does anyone have any idea what font it was? Second, what program do you think I probably used? I think it looks like a TXT file but it is a doc. What is it, just looks really good. Help me our here, please. GNV wrote: > Recently, I was using a Apple MAC and opened a .doc file. I printed > the file out ...

AutoCAD fonts from Windows/Fonts???
Why does AutoCAD get fonts from Windows\Fonts or WinNT\Fonts when it isn't in my support path? I am using AutoCAD 2006 Land Desktop and in options > Files > Support path Windows\Fonts isn't there and yet the fonts show up, are the fonts set up elsewhere? Thanks for your help, NZ The Windows/Fonts directory is a standard windows thing. You'll find font information in the windows registry, in: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/Software/Microsoft/Windows NT/CurrentVersion/Fonts Henrik Vallgren www.streamspace.com nzahedi@gmail.com wrote: > Why does AutoCAD get font...

Wide font spacing with some fonts in X
I just installed FreeBSD 5.1, and built XFree86 4.3.0 from ports. Whenever X runs, some fonts have wide horizontal spacing, as can be seen at http://happyjack.org/firebird.png. Some fonts are OK, some aren't; I've compiled a list of those that look wrong when browsing through KDE's font dialog: Bitstream Charter Charter Clearlyu Clarrlyu Alternate Glyphs Courier [bitstream] Fangsong Ti Gothic Helvetica Lucida Lucidabright Mincho New Century Schoolbook Newspaper Nil Song Ti Times Utopia I also tried running applications on an X server on a Linux box running...

Font name in Windows font dialogs
Hello dear newsgroup readers, When i look into the Microsoft Word font chooser, I see all fonts rendered with the glyphs they contain, except "Windings", "MS Outlook" and some others. My own barcode font now is rendered with its name shown in the symbols of my font which makes really hard to distinguish from other barcode fonts in the drop down list. How do i make windows to show my font name without using the glyphs from my font? With best regards, Daniel Migowski Daniel Migowski wrote: > Hello dear newsgroup readers, > > When i look...

font in ./windows/fonts, but not found by application
A windows application installed in wine fails to find it's specific font: Application related is the capella-reader (free reader/player for capella scores, installer from www.whc.de/download/capella/capella_reader.exe) on current wine on Kubuntu (gutsy) from the partner repository. The related font "Capella3" is installed correctly in ./windows/fonts by the above installer. Console output looks like this: ~/.wine/.../capella-reader$ wine capella.exe fixme:actctx:parse_depend_manifests Could not find dependent assembly L"Microsoft.Windows.Common-Controls&...

X Windows Font
hi I am new to the X windows. I am using exceed. My question is, I am using dual monitor and when I customize x window so that it appear on the both the screen, the fonts are very big which is kind of weird(may be bcoz now I have a bigger work area), so how do I reduce the FONT SIZE in the X Windows? Thanks Trescot On 2006-12-18, trescot@gmail.com <trescot@gmail.com> wrote: > hi > > I am new to the X windows. I am using exceed. My question is, I am > using dual monitor and when I customize x window so that it appear on > the both the screen, the font...

correct "sizing" of Helvetica font, relative to various times-new-roman fonts, to have both fonts have the same x-height
Greetings! I hope the following isn't an faq (at least, it doesn't seem to be in the UK TUG FAQ). Basically, my question comes up because I'm involved in a project that requires the use of "Times New Roman" (hereafter, TNR) as the main text font and "Helvetica" as the sans-serif font. I use both TexLive 2010 and MikTeX 2.9 on PCs and TexLive/MacTeX 2010 on an iMac running Snow Leopard 10.6.5. As is well known, Helvetica and TNR differ considerably in their x- heights (for a given font size of, say, 10pt or 12pt). In various packages. (The letters u,...

Questions on Printer Fonts , Type1 fonts etc
1) How can I get the list of fonts present in the printer (printer fonts) using java. This is in Unix. Is it possible ? For printer fonts in unix where are the afm/pfa files located ? Are they in the printer or the machines ? 2) Can type1 fonts contain more than 256 glyphs ? Is there a Type1 Unicode font ? If yes, can you give an example ? In article <1130331889.558486.20700@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com>, ratheesh.pai@gmail.com says... > 1) How can I get the list of fonts present in the printer (printer > fonts) using java. This is in Unix. Is it possible ? Depends o...

Windows\Fonts folder bulging with OpenType fonts
I am trying to get my font management under control using Font Navigator. I've accumulated nearly 5000 fonts in folders on my computer. (A new Pentium 2.4 with 1GB RAM and Windows 2000 Pro - primarily using CorelDraw, PhotoShop and Word - if any of that matters.) Having read the tutorial The Last Word in Font Management (www.unleash.com/articles/fonts/fontmanage.html) and the help files on Font Navigator, I decided to clear out the Windows\Fonts folder as described. However there are over 180 OpenType fonts in the folder (which the tutorial suggests leaving alone). I understand that Font...

(Windows) Fonts, Font Conversion XeTex/pdfLaTeX/|Microtype
I'm using XeTex in order to be able to use installed fonts without conversion. However, microtype doesn't work with XeTeX. Having just completed Week 2 of working with *TeX could someone explain step-by- step how fonts might be "converted" for use so that I could go without XeTeX so that I could use Microtype? [I'm using MiKTeK 2.7 on Windows Vista] Thanks Julian I-Do-Stuff <julianidostuff@gmail.com> writes: > I'm using XeTex in order to be able to use installed fonts without > conversion. However, microtype doesn't work with XeTeX. Having just >...

OS X system fonts not showing up in Font Book -- why?
I'm running OS X 10.4.2 and the following fonts in /System/Library/Fonts fail to show up in Font Book. Apple LiGothic Medium.dfont AquaKanaBold.otf AquaKanaRegular.otf HelveLTMM Helvetica LT MM Keyboard.dfont LastResort.dfont Times LT MM TimesLTMM All of the fonts located in /Library/Fonts (217 fonts) do show up in Font Book. Any idea why it is that Font Book doesn't "like" the fonts I've listed? -- James L. Ryan -- TaliesinSoft In article <0001HW.BF5B4517000560C0F0284550@news.supernews.com>, TaliesinSoft <taliesinsoft@mac.com> wrote: > I...

Fonts and/or Font Book
Is there a way to "resolve duplicates" on a machine wide or disk wide or even folder basis rather than on a particular font folder one? -- dorayme In article <doraymeRidThis-9B2294.10351702052007@news-vip.optusnet.com.au>, dorayme <doraymeRidThis@optusnet.com.au> wrote: > Is there a way to "resolve duplicates" on a machine wide or disk > wide or even folder basis rather than on a particular font folder > one? FontDoctor X -- I am extraordinarily patient, provided I get my own way in the end. - Margaret Thatcher In article <01052007194430...

Font and Font CE
In many programs, installed fonts are appearing twice in the font menu, once as "font" and once as "font CE". What's the story behind this? (OS 10.2.8) Stefan In article <bp8jas$300$1@newshispeed.ch>, Stefan <stefan@mus._INVALID_.ch> wrote: > In many programs, installed fonts are appearing twice in the font menu, > once as "font" and once as "font CE". What's the story behind this? (OS > 10.2.8) You've enabled something about Central European input (perhaps a Polish or Estonian keyboard). The CE fonts are the o...

Web resources about - /etc/fonts/fonts.conf - comp.windows.x

Font - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article is about the traditional meaning of "font". For the electronic data file, see Computer font . For other uses, see Font (disambiguation) ...

Facebook Testing Different Fonts For News Feed
When Facebook Co-Founder and CEO Mark Zuckerberg introduced the social network’s redesigned News Feed last March , he repeatedly referred to ...

Facebook tests different fonts for News Feed
... test discovered by Fast Company shows that designers are doing what they can to make this true. Facebook is toying with using serif fonts on ...

Google Fonts (@googlefonts) on Twitter
Web developers, keep yours eyes on the progress of new web font features with caniuse.com ( caniuse.com/feed.php?

If you're developing web apps, you're nuts if you aren't using Font Awesome. Seriously.
... our work is totally text and structure. Adding a bit of graphics is like adding spice to a sauce. And they're fun! We're lucky because Font ...

What font is best for resumes?
Arial &amp; Times New Roman are typical fonts used in resumes. However, I read a resume writing handbook in which the author claimed that Times ...

Fontpress: Write Beautiful PhotoText Over Your Pictures with Image Filters and Fonts on the App Store ...
Get Fontpress: Write Beautiful PhotoText Over Your Pictures with Image Filters and Fonts on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read ...

Comic Sans: The Perfect Font For A Subpoena… If You’re As Dumb As This Clerk
Welcome to Montgomery County, Texas the town(s) that fonts forgot.

Track your bandwidth with a ‘Star Wars’ font in DataMan Next
... The Force or Winter Wonderland. DataMan Next - the simplest app to track your data usage Track your bandwidth with a ‘Star Wars’ font in DataMan ...

How to fix Windows 10's blurry font problem
... the DPI scaling to make text, apps and other items easier to read on your Windows device, you may have encountered the problem of blurry fonts ...