Problem in solving a problem by matlab.

Hello Everybody,
         I am having a problem in back propagation network. It is not
a direct one to use sofwares like matlab for simulation. The problem
is briefly described as follows.

         I want to specify the number of interconnections in the
hidden layer or between the hidden layers. Can this possible using
Matlab? Also I want to share the weights between two sets of hidden
layers how to do that in Matlab?

         Please suggest me any other GUI softwares that can solve both
the above problems or give me suggestions or atleast the posibility of
doing this in Matlab(any support from built-in functions).

Thanks in Advance
Rajesh
0
idiotrajat
9/21/2003 7:00:47 AM
comp.ai.neural-nets 5773 articles. 2 followers. tomhoo (63) is leader. Post Follow

crajesh wrote:
> Hello Everybody,
>          I am having a problem in back propagation network. It is not
> a direct one to use sofwares like matlab for simulation. The problem
> is briefly described as follows.
>
>          I want to specify the number of interconnections in the
> hidden layer or between the hidden layers. Can this possible using
> Matlab?

Look at the LayerConnect property of your network.

> Also I want to share the weights between two sets of hidden
> layers how to do that in Matlab?

You can't unless you write your own training function that forces the two
weights you want shared to be the same throughout the training.  See chapter
12 in the Neural Network Toolbox manual for information on writing a custom
training function.

--
Steve Lord
slord@mathworks.com