convert DRAWBASE to DWG AUtocad

hi,
how  do i get to convert Drawbase drawing files into Autocad DWG files????
......i have not Drawbase software..................maybe there is a Convert
or Translate software???

0
alberto_sarti
4/25/2006 8:58:23 AM
comp.cad.autocad 3784 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

Export to DXF
Import to AutoCAD

--
<%= Clinton Gallagher
         NET csgallagher AT metromilwaukee.com

"alberto_sarti" <alberto_sarti@tin.it> wrote in message
> hi,
> how  do i get to convert Drawbase drawing files into Autocad DWG files????
> .....i have not Drawbase software..................maybe there is a
> Convert or Translate software???

0
clintonG
4/25/2006 8:41:31 PM
i'm sorry...........i have not DRAWBASE software to export into DXF.........
I need a translator to...

"clintonG" <csgallagher@REMOVETHISTEXTmetromilwaukee.com> ha scritto nel
messaggio news:%Pv3g.3456$1J4.1154@tornado.rdc-kc.rr.com...
> Export to DXF
> Import to AutoCAD
>

> --
> <%= Clinton Gallagher
>         NET csgallagher AT metromilwaukee.com
>         URL http://clintongallagher.metromilwaukee.com/
>

> "alberto_sarti" <alberto_sarti@tin.it> wrote in message
>> hi,
>> how  do i get to convert Drawbase drawing files into Autocad DWG
>> files????
>> .....i have not Drawbase software..................maybe there is a
>> Convert or Translate software???

0
alberto_sarti
4/25/2006 9:44:05 PM
You need Drawbase. My suggestion is to send the files back to your
source and asked them to convert the files into Autocad.

Asked them to "explode hatch to elements" prior to converting to
Autocad.  Autocad can't handle Drawbase hatch, it will crash when it
tries to open the files.  Once you get files and open, delete hatch,
the text and dimensions and replace with Autocad entities.  Then
multiple explode all blocks because Drawbase is object base driven
whereas Autocad is entity base driven.  "Qselect" will be your friend
in searching for line types that don't translate.  For example, a
dashed line in Drawbase is a dot line in Autocad.   If you subscribe to
the "By Layer" theology, then you will have to convert line work &
color to by layer.  And if you believe in the religion of "Paper
space", you will have to set your PSLTSCALE variable to 1 or whatever
you office standards are.

It used to take me about 2 to 4 hours to fully convert a Drawbase
drawing into Autocad and bring it up to our office standards.  We just
got rid of Drawbase in December.  Talk about a Christmas present from
the company.  That program sucked the big one.

0
Boris