Fatal Error w/ AutoCAD

Two weeks ago my employer changed all our computers WinXP professional with
AutoCAD 2002 Architectural desktop 3.3.  We are also on a network.  The
problem is, not even AutoCAD can find an answer is my problem...
Yesterday and everyday previously, I have had no problems opening saved
drawings either on the hard drive, zip disk, or CD.  Today, for what ever
reason every time I try to open a drawing I get the following message and it
closes:

Fatal Error
Unhandle access violation reading 0X0000
exception at 652FE2EOBH
ABORTING

I am at wits end.  All drawings for my company for the past 5 years, that
have been saved on any device and on the hard drive is receiving this
message.  I event went to an FTP site and saved a drawing and tried to open
it up and also received this error.  If I open a new drawing and draw a
little on my computer and save I can open it back up.  We have four
computers at our company and everyone does the same exact thing.

Is anyone familiar with this problem?
Thanx much
John
jth109@earthlink.net

0
John
9/17/2003 11:16:19 PM
comp.cad.autocad 3784 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

"John" <jth109@earthlink.net> said>>>>>

|>  Today, for what ever
|> reason every time I try to open a drawing I get the
following message and it
|> closes:
|>
|> Fatal Error
|> Unhandle access violation reading 0X0000
|> exception at 652FE2EOBH
|> ABORTING

what changed between yesterday and today? Was ANYTHING
installed on the network or client machines?>

0
Smackypete
9/18/2003 1:27:37 AM
What exactly have you changed? Have you upgraded AutoCAD because when using
MDT2004 you can get problems described on this link
http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/item?siteID=123112&id=3359777&linkID
=3016303
It may be a long shot but it could be a similar problem. To get some form of
drawing from these corrupt files sometimes you can nsert them as Xrefs but
thats all. As I say this was with MDT but it may help in some way.

Cas

0
Cas
9/18/2003 4:33:32 PM
"John" <jth109@earthlink.net> wrote in

> Two weeks ago my employer changed all our computers WinXP professional
> with AutoCAD 2002 Architectural desktop 3.3.  We are also on a
> network.  The problem is, not even AutoCAD can find an answer is my
> problem... Yesterday and everyday previously, I have had no problems
> opening saved drawings either on the hard drive, zip disk, or CD.
> Today, for what ever reason every time I try to open a drawing I get
> the following message and it closes:
>
> Fatal Error
> Unhandle access violation reading 0X0000
> exception at 652FE2EOBH
> ABORTING
>
> I am at wits end.  All drawings for my company for the past 5 years,
> that have been saved on any device and on the hard drive is receiving
> this message.  I event went to an FTP site and saved a drawing and
> tried to open it up and also received this error.  If I open a new
> drawing and draw a little on my computer and save I can open it back
> up.  We have four computers at our company and everyone does the same
> exact thing.
>
> Is anyone familiar with this problem?
> Thanx much
> John
> jth109@earthlink.net

Check the thread here:

http://www.designcommunity.com/messages/13165.html

The last entry says:

reinstallation of the plot printerdrivers seems to be the solution.
0
kernal_bogey