Using SHX fonts, compiled from PostScript fonts, in AutoCAD 2002

I've posted this question to AutoDesk's free discussion group and I
thought I'd post more publicly for a second opinion.

I recently purchased a new PostScript font for our office and want it
to be available in AutoCAD on all computers.  I ran the compiler to
generate SHX fonts from my PFB fonts.  Although the files are in my
Fonts folder, they are not appearing in the MTEXT Character pulldown.

They do appear in the STYLE dialog box, but I would like to have them
in the mtext pulldown for the sake of consistency.  I do not have
corresponding TrueType versions of these fonts.

Does anyone have any insight?
0
robinlamb1
9/25/2003 10:58:30 PM
comp.cad.autocad 3784 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

I think the MTEXT dialog box only uses the true type fonts and if you set
your style to shx  it creates a proxy font.

Marv

"Robin_Lamb" <robinlamb1@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I've posted this question to AutoDesk's free discussion group and I
> thought I'd post more publicly for a second opinion.
>
> I recently purchased a new PostScript font for our office and want it
> to be available in AutoCAD on all computers.  I ran the compiler to
> generate SHX fonts from my PFB fonts.  Although the files are in my
> Fonts folder, they are not appearing in the MTEXT Character pulldown.
>
> They do appear in the STYLE dialog box, but I would like to have them
> in the mtext pulldown for the sake of consistency.  I do not have
> corresponding TrueType versions of these fonts.
>
> Does anyone have any insight?

0
marv