Background simulation of the Spectre

Dear all,

I am using the Spectre simulator to simulate the VCO. Now, I am using the
Parametric Analysis function to simulate the tuning frequency range of the
VCO (vary the Vctrl of the varactor). Actually, I want to simulate it in the
background simulation. I have tried to run the script of the
"runSimulation". It just run one times only and will not run the no. of the
run I set in the Parametric Analysis.

Therefore, how could I run the Parametric Analysis in the background
simulation?

Thanks

wccheng

0
s014118 (8)
8/7/2004 2:29:19 AM
comp.cad.cadence 5429 articles. 9 followers. Post Follow

Read up on LBS or if you have LSF set LBS_BASE_SYSTEM to LBS_LSF.
Then you can set Setup->Simulators->Distributed and submit all the
jobs in parallel.
---
Erik

"smartchi" <s014118@mailserv.cuhk.edu.hk> wrote in message news:<cf1epp$1518$1@justice.itsc.cuhk.edu.hk>...
> Dear all,
>
> I am using the Spectre simulator to simulate the VCO. Now, I am using the
> Parametric Analysis function to simulate the tuning frequency range of the
> VCO (vary the Vctrl of the varactor). Actually, I want to simulate it in the
> background simulation. I have tried to run the script of the
> "runSimulation". It just run one times only and will not run the no. of the
> run I set in the Parametric Analysis.
>
> Therefore, how could I run the Parametric Analysis in the background
> simulation?
>
> Thanks
>
> wccheng
0
erikwanta1 (327)
8/8/2004 3:43:03 PM
Dear Erik,

    Could you explain more in detail about LBS? I don't know what is this.

Thanks

wccheng

"Erik Wanta" <erikwanta@starband.net> ???
news:84018314.0408080743.42776149@posting.google.com ???...
> Read up on LBS or if you have LSF set LBS_BASE_SYSTEM to LBS_LSF.
> Then you can set Setup->Simulators->Distributed and submit all the
> jobs in parallel.
> ---
> Erik
>
> "smartchi" <s014118@mailserv.cuhk.edu.hk> wrote in message
> > Dear all,
> >
> > I am using the Spectre simulator to simulate the VCO. Now, I am using
the
> > Parametric Analysis function to simulate the tuning frequency range of
the
> > VCO (vary the Vctrl of the varactor). Actually, I want to simulate it in
the
> > background simulation. I have tried to run the script of the
> > "runSimulation". It just run one times only and will not run the no. of
the
> > run I set in the Parametric Analysis.
> >
> > Therefore, how could I run the Parametric Analysis in the background
> > simulation?
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > wccheng

0
s014118 (8)
8/9/2004 2:50:40 AM
Fire up "cdsdoc", and then navigate to "Analog Design Environment",
and then "Cadence Analog Distributed Processing Option User Guide".
This will tell you about "LBS" (Load Balancing System" and also the hooks
into LSF (Platform Computing's Load Sharing Facility).

Andrew.

--
Andrew Beckett
Senior Technical Leader

"smartchi" <s014118@mailserv.cuhk.edu.hk> wrote in message news:<cf6opo$2e6c$1@justice.itsc.cuhk.edu.hk>...
> Dear Erik,
>
>     Could you explain more in detail about LBS? I don't know what is this.
>
> Thanks
>
> wccheng
>
> "Erik Wanta" <erikwanta@starband.net> ???
> news:84018314.0408080743.42776149@posting.google.com ???...
> > Read up on LBS or if you have LSF set LBS_BASE_SYSTEM to LBS_LSF.
> > Then you can set Setup->Simulators->Distributed and submit all the
> > jobs in parallel.
> > ---
> > Erik
> >
> > "smartchi" <s014118@mailserv.cuhk.edu.hk> wrote in message
> > > Dear all,
> > >
> > > I am using the Spectre simulator to simulate the VCO. Now, I am using
>  the
> > > Parametric Analysis function to simulate the tuning frequency range of
>  the
> > > VCO (vary the Vctrl of the varactor). Actually, I want to simulate it in
>  the
> > > background simulation. I have tried to run the script of the
> > > "runSimulation". It just run one times only and will not run the no. of
>  the
> > > run I set in the Parametric Analysis.
> > >
> > > Therefore, how could I run the Parametric Analysis in the background
> > > simulation?
> > >
> > > Thanks
> > >
> > > wccheng
0