Spectre Error #4

Dear group,

We are setting up a new designkit and we are experiencing a strange
problem when simulting.

Inside a Verilog-A File I see following lines, which create a syntax error
and I dont know why because I do not understand verilog-A

Spectre just reports a syntax error during AHDL Readin.

Whats going wrong ?

`MPRcc( TR       , 21.0      , "degC"     , -250.0  , 1000.0  , "nominal
(reference) temperature")
 `MPRoo( LMIN     , 1.0e-08   , "m"        , 0.0
   , inf     , "minimum allowed drawn length")
`MPRoo( LMAX     , 9.9e+09
 , "m"        , 0.0     , inf     , "maximum allowed drawn length")

comp.cad.cadence 5429 articles. 9 followers. Post Follow

Guenther Sohler wrote, on 10/13/08 10:55:
> Dear group,
>
> We are setting up a new designkit and we are experiencing a strange
> problem when simulting.
>
> Inside a Verilog-A File I see following lines, which create a syntax error
> and I dont know why because I do not understand verilog-A
>
> Spectre just reports a syntax error during AHDL Readin.
>

> Whats going wrong ?
>

> `MPRcc( TR       , 21.0      , "degC"     , -250.0  , 1000.0  , "nominal
> (reference) temperature")
>  `MPRoo( LMIN     , 1.0e-08   , "m"        , 0.0
>    , inf     , "minimum allowed drawn length")
> `MPRoo( LMAX     , 9.9e+09
>  , "m"        , 0.0     , inf     , "maximum allowed drawn length")

Presumably they're using macros called MPRcc and MPRoo which need to have been
defined (usign `define) somewhere. If they're not defined in the file, then they
would need to be defined in a file which is included via a `include statement at
the top of the file.

In themselves they are not VerilogA syntax, so they would need to be
macro-expanded first by the preprocessor.

Regards,

Andrew.
0
andrewb1899 (1995)