Spectre question

Hi everyone!

Spectre seems to have a built-in setting that limits the maximum size of
a psfascii tran.tran file.  When simulating and this size is reached,
Spectre either automatically shuts down or crashes.  This size is around
2.5 GB.

Does anyone know if there is a way to increase or change this setting?
There doesn't seem to be a documented command-line switch for this, but
perhaps there is an undocumented one.

Thanks in advance!
-Jason D. Bakos
0
jbakos1 (6)
1/18/2005 2:44:15 PM
comp.cad.cadence 5429 articles. 9 followers. Post Follow

This is a bug in Spectre, Spectre should split result files greater than
2G.
This bug should be fixed, but I assume you are using a 4.4.6 version of Cadence
DFII.

Bernd

Jason D. Bakos wrote:
> Hi everyone!
>
> Spectre seems to have a built-in setting that limits the maximum size of
> a psfascii tran.tran file.  When simulating and this size is reached,
> Spectre either automatically shuts down or crashes.  This size is around
> 2.5 GB.
>
> Does anyone know if there is a way to increase or change this setting?
> There doesn't seem to be a documented command-line switch for this, but
> perhaps there is an undocumented one.
>
> Thanks in advance!
> -Jason D. Bakos
0
Bernd
1/18/2005 4:44:46 PM
It's not a bug. File splitting is only supported with binary PSF.

Andrew.

On Tue, 18 Jan 2005 12:22:42 -0500, "Jason D. Bakos"
<jbakos@cREMOVEs.pitMEt.edu> wrote:

>Bernd,
>
>Nope, I'm using Spectre from DFII 5.0.33.  I wonder why the bug hasn't
>been fixed...
>
>Thanks,
>-Jason
>
>Bernd Fischer > wrote:
>> This is a bug in Spectre, Spectre should split result files greater than
>> 2G.
>> This bug should be fixed, but I assume you are using a 4.4.6 version of
>> Cadence DFII.
>>
>> Bernd
>>
>> Jason D. Bakos wrote:
>>
>>> Hi everyone!
>>>
>>> Spectre seems to have a built-in setting that limits the maximum size
>>> of a psfascii tran.tran file.  When simulating and this size is
>>> reached, Spectre either automatically shuts down or crashes.  This
>>> size is around 2.5 GB.
>>>
>>> Does anyone know if there is a way to increase or change this setting?
>>> There doesn't seem to be a documented command-line switch for this,
>>> but perhaps there is an undocumented one.
>>>
>>> Thanks in advance!
>>> -Jason D. Bakos

0
andrewb1899 (1995)