spectre to hspice

Hi all,
    I would like to generate hspiceS for my digital layout. Since the
layout contains more than 10 thousands transistors, generating hspiceS
for this big layout becomes a big problem. What I did is generating the
netlist in spectre format and changing it to hspice format using perl.
I notice that the ways of representing the floating number in two
different netlist formats is as follow.
hspice  -->  0.123e-6
spectre -->  1.23e-7
So when I convert from spectre netlist to hspice netlist, do I have to
change this floating format also? If I don't change it and use it in
nanosim simulator, will it effect the accuracy of simulation result?
thank in advance.

tnk

0
tnk11 (27)
5/11/2005 4:51:00 PM
comp.cad.cadence 5429 articles. 9 followers. Post Follow

i don't think so.
the numbers are written differently but they are the same.

st�phane

tnk11@yahoo.com wrote:
> Hi all,
>     I would like to generate hspiceS for my digital layout. Since the
> layout contains more than 10 thousands transistors, generating hspiceS
> for this big layout becomes a big problem. What I did is generating the
> netlist in spectre format and changing it to hspice format using perl.
> I notice that the ways of representing the floating number in two
> different netlist formats is as follow.
> hspice  -->  0.123e-6
> spectre -->  1.23e-7
> So when I convert from spectre netlist to hspice netlist, do I have to
> change this floating format also? If I don't change it and use it in
> nanosim simulator, will it effect the accuracy of simulation result?
> thank in advance.
>
> tnk

Thanks stephane, I find that changing this floating format is quite
troublesome in programming...

tnk

0
tnk11 (27)