Spectre to Spice

I have my layout in DFII and I do the extraction using diva. Is there
any way I can save the extracted netlist in spice format (that pspice
or spice3 can simulate?) instead of spectre format?

saby

0
s_saby23 (13)
11/4/2005 5:01:58 AM
comp.cad.cadence 5429 articles. 9 followers. Post Follow

saby wrote:
> I have my layout in DFII and I do the extraction using diva. Is there
> any way I can save the extracted netlist in spice format (that pspice
> or spice3 can simulate?) instead of spectre format?
>
> saby

if your design kit supports it, yes. Can you netlist your schematics for
spice (using the proper simulator setting in analog artist) ?
0
adff6591 (93)
11/8/2005 2:02:56 AM
I don't have the schematic of the design. All I have is its layout, and
I am extracting it using Diva.

0
s_saby23 (13)
11/10/2005 3:58:57 AM
In article <1131595137.588685.161300@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com>,
s_saby23@yahoo.com says...
> I don't have the schematic of the design. All I have is its layout, and
> I am extracting it using Diva.

I would write a short script in my favourite scripting language which
maps spectre to spice. It is not so difficult as you think.

I wrote such a program in a different company in tcl heavily using
regular expressions. It was not more than two pages of code.

--
Svenn
0

St�phane

saby wrote:
> I don't have the schematic of the design. All I have is its layout, and
> I am extracting it using Diva.

But as far as I know, Assura needs LVS to be run first. I don't have
the schematic of the design.  Can assura be used directly to extract
the layout without LVS?

Saby.

0
s_saby23 (13)
11/10/2005 7:10:01 PM
Yes, you can but unfortunately it's not available directly from the UI.

You can write your own RSF file with the usual avParameters and
rxcParameters, then include these commands

avDX()
avNX()
avRCX()

(notice there's no avLVS())

Another way is to simply run LVS against a dummy netlist, that should
enable the RCX UI, I guess.

St�phane