19" rack model?

I think I remember someone here saying they had a 19" rack enclosure
model they were willing to share. I just need it for illustrating a
product for a client – not for manufacturing! So as long as the basics
fit the EIA standards - would be great!

Thanks
Daniel

0
Daniel
9/5/2004 5:57:47 PM
comp.cad.solidworks 14446 articles. 2 followers. Post Follow

I would suggest getting the free cd from Emcor, they have all of their
rack's in 3d as step files.

"Daniel" <infoREMOVE@THISgratiotdesign.com> wrote in message

> I think I remember someone here saying they had a 19" rack enclosure
> model they were willing to share. I just need it for illustrating a
> product for a client - not for manufacturing! So as long as the basics
> fit the EIA standards - would be great!
>
> Thanks
> Daniel

0
Thomas
9/5/2004 7:15:59 PM
If you have a look at the Dataracks range, I have all the 303 Elite range
modelled
www.dataracks.co.uk

We designed this cabinet system for Dataracks a couple of years ago and have
all assemblies and parts.
I cannot share complete assemblies due to contractual reasons but if you
have a particular view you need to show your product in I may be able to
help out.

Regards Simon

"Daniel" <infoREMOVE@THISgratiotdesign.com> wrote in message

> I think I remember someone here saying they had a 19" rack enclosure model
> they were willing to share. I just need it for illustrating a product for
> a client - not for manufacturing! So as long as the basics fit the EIA
> standards - would be great!
>
> Thanks
> Daniel

0
Simon
9/6/2004 9:59:24 AM
My mind must be in the gutter SHEESH!!!

"Daniel" <infoREMOVE@THISgratiotdesign.com> wrote in message

> I think I remember someone here saying they had a 19" rack enclosure
> model they were willing to share. I just need it for illustrating a
> product for a client - not for manufacturing! So as long as the basics
> fit the EIA standards - would be great!
>
> Thanks
> Daniel

0
Corey
9/7/2004 2:14:04 PM
Corey,

I think Paul S. has a rack modeled on his site. Looks a little bigger than
19" though, maybe 38D,,,

Mark

"Corey Scheich" <cERoNeouSscheich@garlockequiP.com> wrote in message
> My mind must be in the gutter SHEESH!!!
>

> "Daniel" <infoREMOVE@THISgratiotdesign.com> wrote in message
> >
> > I think I remember someone here saying they had a 19" rack enclosure
> > model they were willing to share. I just need it for illustrating a
> > product for a client - not for manufacturing! So as long as the basics
> > fit the EIA standards - would be great!
> >
> > Thanks
> > Daniel

0
MM
9/7/2004 9:48:13 PM
Being that the origional poster was a man I suspected he was refering each
ones circumference which would mean you would need like a 56M or something
that would be a special order.
LOL
I don't have any models of "rack" holders let alone in that size.

"MM" <poundsandspammers@biteme.net> wrote in message
> Corey,
>
> I think Paul S. has a rack modeled on his site. Looks a little bigger than
> 19" though, maybe 38D,,,
>
> Mark
>

> "Corey Scheich" <cERoNeouSscheich@garlockequiP.com> wrote in message
> > My mind must be in the gutter SHEESH!!!
> >

> > "Daniel" <infoREMOVE@THISgratiotdesign.com> wrote in message
> > >
> > > I think I remember someone here saying they had a 19" rack enclosure
> > > model they were willing to share. I just need it for illustrating a
> > > product for a client - not for manufacturing! So as long as the basics
> > > fit the EIA standards - would be great!
> > >
> > > Thanks
> > > Daniel

0
Corey
9/8/2004 1:06:34 PM
Daniel
I've made a simple model of a rack with the mounting rails only.
Side panels etc are mostly optional or determined on the type of rack.
EIA Standard EIA-310-D outlines the basics for rack design,
which my simple model conforms to.
After much searching of the web there is no standard depth size.
As I made the rack that allows me to design rear support brackets
for our 1RU rack units I've created a realistic range of 24-30.25 inches
in depth. Thus their are two configurations 24" deep and 30.25" deep
Email me with a returnable address and I'll send it to ya
Cheers
Frank
remove mxz from my address to reply

Daniel wrote:

> I think I remember someone here saying they had a 19" rack enclosure
> model they were willing to share. I just need it for illustrating a
> product for a client – not for manufacturing! So as long as the basics
> fit the EIA standards - would be great!
>
> Thanks
> Daniel

0
FrankW
9/8/2004 1:33:11 PM
Daniel

Usually,our clients will provide the disign draft of the racks for us checking.We are a network cabinet supplier in China.If you or your friends need any of our products,please contact me directly.My mail address is market@ivyt.cn and my phone number is 0086-188-67876785.

Cheers
Isabel Yang