Damaged file

SW 2008 Sp3
XP Pro
4mb

During some final filleting on a finished part the hour glass came on for
a moment and SW closed.

Checked in the auto recovery folder and there was nothing.

Opening the part gives the following message (after the part shows on the
screen):

SolidWorks encountered an error opening the document.
Pleas contact your local Solidworks support representative for help in
troubleshooting this problem.

Anyone know what the support rep would suggest (mine isn't available until
Monday)?  Any other tricks?

Tried saving as a Parasolid but SW quickly shuts down.

Gary
0
gk
10/17/2009 5:34:31 AM
comp.cad.solidworks 14446 articles. 2 followers. Post Follow

On Fri, 16 Oct 2009 22:34:31 -0700, gk <glkd@cox.net> wrote:

>SW 2008 Sp3
>XP Pro
>4mb
>
>During some final filleting on a finished part the hour glass came on for
>a moment and SW closed.
>
>Checked in the auto recovery folder and there was nothing.
>
>Opening the part gives the following message (after the part shows on the
>screen):
>
>SolidWorks encountered an error opening the document.
>Pleas contact your local Solidworks support representative for help in
>troubleshooting this problem.
>
>Anyone know what the support rep would suggest (mine isn't available until
>Monday)?  Any other tricks?
>
>Tried saving as a Parasolid but SW quickly shuts down.
>
>Gary

 You might try making a backup copy (using the OS) to another
disk & then checking that first disk for errors.
  If you find any then consider trying the repair option?
--
Cliff
-1
On 17 Okt, 07:34, gk <g...@cox.net> wrote:
> SW 2008 Sp3
> XP Pro
> 4mb
>
> During some final filleting on a finished part the hour glass came on for
> a moment and SW closed.
>
> Checked in the auto recovery folder and there was nothing.
>
> Opening the part gives the following message (after the part shows on the
> screen):
>
> SolidWorks encountered an error opening the document.
> Pleas contact your local Solidworks support representative for help in
> troubleshooting this problem.
>
> Anyone know what the support rep would suggest (mine isn't available unti=
> Monday)? =A0Any other tricks?
>
> Tried saving as a Parasolid but SW quickly shuts down.
>
> Gary

When You say "auto recover folder", do You mean C:\Documents and
Settings\XX\Local Settings\TempSWBackupDirectory, which is the deafult
directory for backup. If not check for the file there.

// Krister
-1
Krister_L
10/18/2009 5:48:05 AM
That's the one and it's empty.

Gary

Krister_L wrote:
> On 17 Okt, 07:34, gk <g...@cox.net> wrote:
>> SW 2008 Sp3
>> XP Pro
>> 4mb
>>
>> During some final filleting on a finished part the hour glass came on for
>> a moment and SW closed.
>>
>> Checked in the auto recovery folder and there was nothing.
>>
>> Opening the part gives the following message (after the part shows on the
>> screen):
>>
>> SolidWorks encountered an error opening the document.
>> Pleas contact your local Solidworks support representative for help in
>> troubleshooting this problem.
>>
>> Anyone know what the support rep would suggest (mine isn't available until
>> Monday)?  Any other tricks?
>>
>> Tried saving as a Parasolid but SW quickly shuts down.
>>
>> Gary
>
> When You say "auto recover folder", do You mean C:\Documents and
> Settings\XX\Local Settings\TempSWBackupDirectory, which is the deafult
> directory for backup. If not check for the file there.
>
> // Krister
0
gk
10/18/2009 6:52:14 AM
On 18 Okt, 08:52, gk <g...@cox.net> wrote:
> That's the one and it's empty.
>
> Gary
>

> Krister_L wrote:
> > On 17 Okt, 07:34, gk <g...@cox.net> wrote:
> >> SW 2008 Sp3
> >> XP Pro
> >> 4mb
>
> >> During some final filleting on a finished part the hour glass came on =
for
> >> a moment and SW closed.
>
> >> Checked in the auto recovery folder and there was nothing.
>
> >> Opening the part gives the following message (after the part shows on =
the
> >> screen):
>
> >> SolidWorks encountered an error opening the document.
> >> Pleas contact your local Solidworks support representative for help in
> >> troubleshooting this problem.
>
> >> Anyone know what the support rep would suggest (mine isn't available u=
ntil
> >> Monday)? =A0Any other tricks?
>
> >> Tried saving as a Parasolid but SW quickly shuts down.
>
> >> Gary
>
> > When You say "auto recover folder", do You mean C:\Documents and
> > Settings\XX\Local Settings\TempSWBackupDirectory, which is the deafult
> > directory for backup. If not check for the file there.
>
> > // Krister- D=F6lj citerad text -
>
> - Visa citerad text -

Sorry to hear, might be a good idea to set it up then, >SW System
Options / Backup/Recover / Backup

// Krister
0
Krister_L
10/18/2009 6:22:53 PM
That's sage advice, but SW was *supposed* to be making backups and
auto-recover files.  For some reason, this wasn't happening.  I since
reloaded SW and now the functions are working.  Guess I should check this
daily.  Having dealt with SW and it's tricks since '95, nothing surprises me.

Gary

Krister_L wrote:
> On 18 Okt, 08:52, gk <g...@cox.net> wrote:
>> That's the one and it's empty.
>>
>> Gary
>>

>> Krister_L wrote:
>>> When You say "auto recover folder", do You mean C:\Documents and
>>> Settings\XX\Local Settings\TempSWBackupDirectory, which is the deafult
>>> directory for backup. If not check for the file there.
>>> // Krister- D�lj citerad text -
>> - Visa citerad text -
>
> Sorry to hear, might be a good idea to set it up then, >SW System
> Options / Backup/Recover / Backup
>
> // Krister
0
gk
10/19/2009 5:38:25 PM
On Mon, 19 Oct 2009 10:38:25 -0700, gk <glkd@cox.net> wrote:

>That's sage advice, but SW was *supposed* to be making backups and
>auto-recover files.  For some reason, this wasn't happening.  I since
>reloaded SW and now the functions are working.  Guess I should check this
>daily.  Having dealt with SW and it's tricks since '95, nothing surprises me.

  Did you do a search on the first characters of the expected file name?
  It might have been put someplace other than where you expected.

  Environment variables.

--
Cliff

>Gary
>
>Krister_L wrote:
>> On 18 Okt, 08:52, gk <g...@cox.net> wrote:
>>> That's the one and it's empty.
>>>
>>> Gary

>>> - Visa citerad text -
>>
>> Sorry to hear, might be a good idea to set it up then, >SW System
>> Options / Backup/Recover / Backup
>>
>> // Krister

0
Cliff
10/19/2009 10:24:41 PM
On 19 Okt, 19:38, gk <g...@cox.net> wrote:
> That's sage advice, but SW was *supposed* to be making backups and
> auto-recover files. =A0For some reason, this wasn't happening. =A0I since
> reloaded SW and now the functions are working. =A0Guess I should check th=
is
> daily. =A0Having dealt with SW and it's tricks since '95, nothing surpris=
es me.

> Gary

Yes I know all about that.
The default setting is that the"Save auto-recover info every xx
minutes" and "Number of backup copies per document" are grayed out.
You have to fill it in to activate each one of them. I always do this,
but sometimes I've seen it go back to default too.
Can't really say what trigger this behaviour, but for sure You will
first notice when it's too late.

// Krister
0
Krister_L
10/20/2009 4:15:53 AM
win 8.1
sw 2013 sp0
ram 4gb
nvidia geforce 920m

I have made some assembly, parts and parts drawing in my old Desktop. After getting my new laptop i copied my work in laptop but after getting my work in laptop.

i have done changes in my parts and after opening my drawing file i can't open that file Solidworks gives error as below:

"SolidWorks encountered an error opening the document. Please contact your local Solidworks support representative for help in troubleshooting this problem."

and please note that i have another parts that i have not made any changes in that parts they open correctly. And one more thing i need to add that the drawing file which generated error that drawing contains part and if i create a new drawing of that part than solidworks crash.

Please give me solution for this as soon as possible i m waiting for it as i m stuck with many drawings and i have to complete as soon as possible.

Nilay Gajjar

how to established the link between the CAD SR and Dicom File for draw the CAD SR marker on Dicom File
CAD SR File SOP instance UID 1.2.840.113986.3.10197.20090225.112659.896 this CAD SR file contains 4 Reference SOP Instance UID such as 1.2.840.113681.2205083097.3077.3412506770.58.1 1.2.840.113681.2205083097.3077.3412506770.54.1 1.2.840.113681.2205083097.3077.3412506770.56.1 1.2.840.113681.2205083097.3077.3412506770.52.1 having CAD SR file with 1)Graphic Data "28880/925" Graphic Type "POINT" 2)Graphic Data "2405/2402" Graphic Type "POINT" 3)Graphic Data "2102/2351" Graphic Type "POINT" I want to get the that CAD SR Mar...

CadKey Files into Solidworks Files
I'm trying to translate CadKey Sheet metal plates into solidworks files, but, here the thing: All parts change dimensions, and I like to keep the original dimension on all parts, I try to change the K Factor, but still not working. Can someone out there help me understand why this happen. thank you all. ...

damaged file
I am using Appleworks and suddenly get this message <that file appears to be damaged and cannot be opened> but the file opens just the same but won't print.Can this be related to my printer printer problem ? How to fix ?? -- Gunther Abrahamson aa994@ncf.ca ...

Affordable SolidWorks drawing services, 3D CAD Solidworks drawings
Offering 3D SolidWorks drawing services for Manufacturing & Engineering projects at affordable price! SolidWorks automates and simplifies generation of all the project documentation required for product design and adds the glue that makes it all stick together. It can reduce product development life cycle time by almost 70% as compared to conventional 2D CAD drafting. With SolidWorks you can produce detailed drawings better, faster and more easily. CAD Outsourcing firm is your offshore CAD partner to get SolidWorks 2D/ 3D drawings in a format of your choice, meeting all your specificatio...

File damaged
Hi everybody I have a file .dwg that I can't open it, do you know any software that I can download to fix it... Thanks After serious thinking Nomad(CR) wrote : > Hi everybody > > I have a file .dwg that I can't open it, do you know any software that > I can download to fix it... > > Thanks AECVizPRO specializes in file recovery and translations. If you want, zip the file up and e-mail to us and we will take a look at it. If it's a simple fix, there will be no charge for the first file. www.aecvizpro.com -- AECVizPRO Support Dept. ...

DS SolidWorks Extends Support for SolidWorks 3D CAD Software
Business-Critical Solutions are Now Free to any Subscriber for an Additional Year CONCORD, Mass., USA, May 11, 2009 =96 While many companies are reducing service levels, Dassault Syst=E8mes SolidWorks Corp. (DS SolidWorks) is now extending support for SolidWorks=AE 3D CAD software versions by a full year. This means that DS SolidWorks will directly address and remedy any Subscription Services member=92s confirmed business-critical issue with SolidWorks 2008 through the announcement of SolidWorks 2010 in September =96 in fact, all the way to December 2009. Until now, SolidWorks ended these re...

Solidworks Models, Solidworks 3D Modeling and CAD Design Samples
Offering effective Solidworks 3D Modeling services and samples for various mechanical engineering needs at affordable rates! COS services is a preferred choice of Mechanical engineers, Manufacturers and Electrical contractors for reliable and economical Solidworks 3D Modeling services. We assist you in producing hi- quality, detailed, realistic 3D models of your mechanical product from existing 2D drawing & hand-drawn sketches. Our 3D solidworks modeling service deal with all aspects of mechanical engineering and various phases of project from tender submission, analysis to final...

How to use Par files to replace incomplete or damaged rar files?
Hello. I have an 800 mhz g4 emaq running 9.2.2 and switching to 10.2 when I need to. I have found that the version of stuffit expander on 10.2 will expand the simpsons episodes being posted on another group in avi format. I then add the sound back with Divx doctor 2. Recently a few of the episodes were missing parts. Someone suggested I may be able to use the Par files to salvage the rars. Does anyone know how to do this and what application or utility I will need? I have never had any luck with Macrar. Any help will be appreciated, wc ...

File damage
Using this device as data storage, many files are corrupted when opened and modified in another PC and then saved (or tried to be saved) again in the storage device. Someone think that the new firmware fix that kind of problems? cocolom <no@spam.invalid> wrote: > Using this device as data storage, many files are corrupted when > opened and modified in another PC and then saved (or tried to be > saved) again in the storage device. > Someone think that the new firmware fix that kind of problems? Impossible to say unless you say what 'this device' actuall...

[ciao-users] cad file not writing more than one ior to file
I am trying to write ior to file using ciao specific extension writeiortofile. However, only one of the ior gets written. Is it something that I am doing differently than expected or is that only one ior is written to a file. Here is an excerpt from the cad file <partitioning> <homeplacement id="ClientHome"> ...

damaged files
We are using Quark-xpress 4.1 for mac (OS9.2) and since we're saving them in a PC server under Windows2000 Server OS some files have crashed. Does anyone know why? Is it common or it's something that has nothing to do with the binome pc/mac but with the files on their own. Still another thing, we're planning to buy a better server and we'd like to know which is the most suitable configuration to avoid these problems. Thanks! inogues@ditart.com (Ignasi Nogues) wrote in news:636acf81.0404280117.6fdaf360@posting.google.com: > We are using Quark-xpress 4.1 for mac (OS9.2) and...

file.exe file generation from file.m file
How to generate application (*.exe) file from *.m file, which has lots of graphics. Program was written for image watermarking by using image processing toolbox. I want to send this program some where else but with out sowing the program codes. By this *.exe no need to use matlab6.5 platform. Also tell me How to generate *.p file from *.m file Which is hide the code to user but for run this program need matlab6.5 Please give me some idea about it. it is very urgent for me. I will be very great full to you "Biswajit Kar" <hibiswajitkar@rediffmail.com> wrote in message ne...

ExtenXLS loads data into Excel 2002 file but damages the Excel file.
We load data into an Excel 2002 file using ExtenXLS. The data is loaded but the Excel file is damaged only for certain samples, not for others. When the Excel file is opened after the load the following happens: The message asking to Disable / Enable macros appears twice instead of once, the Repair message shows "Damage to the file was so extensive that repairs were not possible. Excel attempted to recover your formulas and values, but some data may have been lost or corrupted.", and the file opens but it's missing the VB modules and the formatting in the worksheets. We can&...

CAD File Conversions, Raster-to-Vector Conversion, 3D CAD services
Looking for affordable cad conversion services provider for architectural, structural, mechanical or electrical design and drawings? At CAD Outsourcing Services, we have in-house team of professionals and advanced resources for providing effective CAD conversion services. Successfully serving the needs of various engineering domains for over 5 years, we have established ourselves as your preferred choice in the raster to vector conversion industry. We are backed by rich experience and a portfolio of quality CAD drafting solutions for architectural, structural, mechanical, electrical...

Web resources about - Damaged file - comp.cad.solidworks

Damaged Goods (record label) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Damaged Goods records formed in 1988 from a living room in east London. The first release was a re-issue of the 1977 single by Slaughter and ...

DAMAGED GOODSRECORDS (@DAMAGEDGOODSREC) on Twitter
Log in Sign up You are on Twitter Mobile because you are using an old version of Internet Explorer. Learn more here DAMAGED GOODSRECORDS @ DAMAGEDGOODSREC ...

Damaged - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tikkun_olam Tikkun olam (Hebrew: תיקון עולם‎) is a Hebrew phrase that means, "repairing the world" or "perfecting the world." ...

Bytesize Science: How synthetic vocal cords might someday heal damaged voices - YouTube
Synthetic vocal cords may someday heal the voices of singers like Julie Andrews whose legendary voice was permanently damaged in a 1997 operation. ...

Urgent maintenance for rain-damaged RAK homes
... houses to allow people to move back in quickly. Engineer Zahra Al Aboodi, undersecretary at the ministry, said that technicians visited damaged ...

Houses damaged as storm sweeps across parts of South Australia
A SECOND front of wild weather is heading across large parts of South Australia, bringing flash flooding and hail with a new warning for Mt Barker ...

Australia's damaged XI
There's one team in Australia carrying severe battle scars - and it isn't England.

Brighton house damaged in suspicious fire (00:28)
An investigation will be conducted to determine what caused a blaze to start at a vacant house in Melbourne's south-east.

Prisoner severely brain damaged after near-fatal overdose
A prisoner from the territory's jail is in Canberra Hospital being treated for brain damage after a near-fatal overdose of black market drugs ...

NASA Endeavour space shuttle has damaged heat shield
Space Shuttle Endeavour has been in space for about a week now and the crew has just recently found that there is a damaged tile on the shuttle's ...