Error I would like to override somehow...

I'm trying to design a QR code to be 3D printed... It did the full sketch o=
utline but didn't realize, until it was too late that I can't have three en=
dpoints going to one point... So it won't let me extrude... The only proble=
m, I need to have those points in order to render the QR code correctly...

the error is "Description of problem:  Three or more contour segments meet =
at this point"...

Is there a work around to override this and make it work?
0
Jason
9/9/2015 10:28:37 AM
comp.cad.solidworks 14446 articles. 2 followers. Post Follow

On Wednesday, September 9, 2015 at 5:28:40 AM UTC-5, Jason Powell wrote:
> I'm trying to design a QR code to be 3D printed... It did the full sketch=
 outline but didn't realize, until it was too late that I can't have three =
endpoints going to one point... So it won't let me extrude... The only prob=
lem, I need to have those points in order to render the QR code correctly..=
..
>=20
> the error is "Description of problem:  Three or more contour segments mee=
t at this point"...
>=20
> Is there a work around to override this and make it work?

You can try creating fillets at the corners of the items being extruded so =
they do not actualy meet at a point.
0
levinr
9/9/2015 10:35:54 PM
You can extrude them in different feature by selecting contours. So this way you can use the same sketch over and over and have the extrude done.
0
Deepak
9/10/2015 12:28:30 AM
On Wednesday, September 9, 2015 at 3:28:40 AM UTC-7, Jason Powell wrote:
> I'm trying to design a QR code to be 3D printed... It did the full sketch=
 outline but didn't realize, until it was too late that I can't have three =
endpoints going to one point... So it won't let me extrude... The only prob=
lem, I need to have those points in order to render the QR code correctly..=
..
>=20
> the error is "Description of problem:  Three or more contour segments mee=
t at this point"...
>=20
> Is there a work around to override this and make it work?

Hello,

I don't know if anyone will see this but I am having the same error come up=
.. I have basically drawn an elongated trapezoid and mirrored it about one o=
f the sides. Obviously that leads to having three segments meet at a point.=
 I want to extrude both trapezoids as one piece but that's where the error =
comes in. I have done this before without any problem and I can't tell that=
 I've done anything differently this time. I have also tried adjusting the =
side that the shape is mirrored around so that it does not intersect with t=
he top and bottom sides (where the error indicates the problem lies). When =
I try to extrude it automatically selects thin feature and I can't unselect=
 it.=20

Please can someone help me figure out why I am getting this error when I ha=
d no problems doing this before? And how can I get past it?

Thank you so much in advance!
0
sierragarrett