High temperature proximity switch

Does anybody know of a proximity switch that can withstand 200 C on the
sensor head..?

I need a proximity switch that can detect e.g. a bolt head in a 200 C
environment. We have it mounted on the outside detecting through a glass -
but still the radiation and conduction from the brackets will make it reach
180+ C.

 Any suggestions on make and type?

0
DD100 (1)
5/16/2007 1:31:43 PM
comp.cad.solidworks 14446 articles. 2 followers. Post Follow

hi

Take a look at

www.balluff.com

not sure if they do one, but they are high quality supplier.

steve

On 16 May, 14:31, "DD100" <D...@nowhere.com> wrote:
> Does anybody know of a proximity switch that can withstand 200 C on the
> sensor head..?
>
> I need a proximity switch that can detect e.g. a bolt head in a 200 C
> environment. We have it mounted on the outside detecting through a glass -
> but still the radiation and conduction from the brackets will make it reach
> 180+ C.
>
>  Any suggestions on make and type?

0
solid
5/16/2007 2:26:33 PM
I would check with someone in the foundry industry.  When I've been involved
with these clients, seems it's always hot, dirty and they want it on the
cheap.

Keith

"DD100" <DD100@nowhere.com> wrote in message
> Does anybody know of a proximity switch that can withstand 200 C on the
> sensor head..?
>
> I need a proximity switch that can detect e.g. a bolt head in a 200 C
> environment. We have it mounted on the outside detecting through a glass -
> but still the radiation and conduction from the brackets will make it
> reach 180+ C.
>
> Any suggestions on make and type?

0
Keith
5/16/2007 4:16:00 PM
On May 16, 9:31 am, "DD100" <D...@nowhere.com> wrote:
> Does anybody know of a proximity switch that can withstand 200 C on the
> sensor head..?
>
> I need a proximity switch that can detect e.g. a bolt head in a 200 C
> environment. We have it mounted on the outside detecting through a glass -
> but still the radiation and conduction from the brackets will make it reach
> 180+ C.
>
>  Any suggestions on make and type?

An induction prox sensor would be my choice.
Omron, Pepperl & Fuchs, Contrinex and EGE Elektronic all make high
temp inductive proximity sensors.
Ray

0
Ray
5/16/2007 8:02:21 PM
On Wed, 16 May 2007 15:31:43 +0200, "DD100" <DD100@nowhere.com> wrote:

>I need a proximity switch that can detect e.g. a bolt head in a 200 C
>environment. We have it mounted on the outside detecting through a glass -
>but still the radiation and conduction from the brackets will make it reach
>180+ C.

  You cannot add a heat-flow path break for the conduction or
a heat sink (and/or Gold foil/leaf) if the radiation is still a problem?
--
Cliff
0

=E5=9C=A8 2007=E5=B9=B45=E6=9C=8816=E6=97=A5=E6=98=9F=E6=9C=9F=E4=B8=89UTC+=
8=E4=B8=8B=E5=8D=889=E6=97=B631=E5=88=8643=E7=A7=92=EF=BC=8CDD100=E5=86=99=
=E9=81=93=EF=BC=9A
> Does anybody know of a proximity switch that can withstand 200 C on the=
=20
> sensor head..?
>=20
> I need a proximity switch that can detect e.g. a bolt head in a 200 C=20
> environment. We have it mounted on the outside detecting through a glass =
-=20
> but still the radiation and conduction from the brackets will make it rea=
ch=20
> 180+ C.
>=20
>  Any suggestions on make and type?