How to create a staggered pattern feature in SW?

Greetings:

Is there a way to create two rows of a staggered hole cut as shown in
SW2K3 or SW2K4 (13 instances on the 1st row 2.54mm spacing between
column - 12 instances on the 2nd row and  shift to the right by
1.27mm, 2.54mm row & column spacing)

o o o o o o o o o o o o o
 o o o o o o o o o o o o

Any suggustion and help would be greatly appreciated.

John
0
njchen24
1/12/2004 6:36:54 PM
comp.cad.solidworks 14446 articles. 2 followers. Post Follow

Make 26 accross at 1.27mm and use "instances to skip" to skip every other
one.

"John" <njchen24@yahoo.com.sg> wrote in message
> Greetings:
>
> Is there a way to create two rows of a staggered hole cut as shown in
> SW2K3 or SW2K4 (13 instances on the 1st row 2.54mm spacing between
> column - 12 instances on the 2nd row and  shift to the right by
> 1.27mm, 2.54mm row & column spacing)
>
> o o o o o o o o o o o o o
>  o o o o o o o o o o o o
>
> Any suggustion and help would be greatly appreciated.
>
> John

0
Devin
1/12/2004 6:53:16 PM
John,

I usually do this by sketching and dimensioning the first two holes in
the pattern:

Then a linear pattern of however many instances:

o o o o o o o o o o o o o
  o o o o o o o o o o o o o

and then delete the extraneous hole at the end of the bottom row.

o o o o o o o o o o o o o
  o o o o o o o o o o o o

-Farley

John wrote:

> Greetings:
>
> Is there a way to create two rows of a staggered hole cut as shown in
> SW2K3 or SW2K4 (13 instances on the 1st row 2.54mm spacing between
> column - 12 instances on the 2nd row and  shift to the right by
> 1.27mm, 2.54mm row & column spacing)
>
> o o o o o o o o o o o o o
>  o o o o o o o o o o o o
>
> Any suggustion and help would be greatly appreciated.
>
> John
-1
Farley
1/12/2004 6:59:14 PM
draw two lines like

_
\

make one hole

then use the lines to make a two direction linear pattern

o o o
 o o o

and delete the last instance, in the "instances to detete" box.

o o o
 o o

njchen24@yahoo.com.sg (John) wrote in

> Greetings:
>
> Is there a way to create two rows of a staggered hole cut as shown in
> SW2K3 or SW2K4 (13 instances on the 1st row 2.54mm spacing between
> column - 12 instances on the 2nd row and  shift to the right by
> 1.27mm, 2.54mm row & column spacing)
>
> o o o o o o o o o o o o o
>  o o o o o o o o o o o o
>
> Any suggustion and help would be greatly appreciated.
>
> John

0
matt
1/12/2004 7:47:29 PM
Add two sketch lines in the sketch that places your first hole in the
directions you want to stagger (in this case, one line horizontal and
the second line at 45�).  In the Linear Pattern PM, select the
horizontal line for direction 1, and the angled line for direction 2,
then delete the 13th instance of the upper row.
--
Steve R

0
Steve
1/12/2004 8:03:30 PM
make your array in a sketch as sketch points and use sketch driven pattern
(2003 and up)

"John" <njchen24@yahoo.com.sg> wrote in message
> Greetings:
>
> Is there a way to create two rows of a staggered hole cut as shown in
> SW2K3 or SW2K4 (13 instances on the 1st row 2.54mm spacing between
> column - 12 instances on the 2nd row and  shift to the right by
> 1.27mm, 2.54mm row & column spacing)
>
> o o o o o o o o o o o o o
>  o o o o o o o o o o o o
>
> Any suggustion and help would be greatly appreciated.
>
> John

0
Corey
1/12/2004 8:19:23 PM
Thank you all for your suggestion and help.

All method works fine.  It's just a bit clumsy (require extra steps).
I wish that it can be done in just a few click and as easy as
Solidedge.

matt <m_lombard@frontier_net.net> wrote in message news:<Xns946E96698B949mlombardfrontiernetn@66.133.130.30>...
> draw two lines like
>
> _
> \
>
> make one hole

> then use the lines to make a two direction linear pattern
>
> o o o
>  o o o
>
> and delete the last instance, in the "instances to detete" box.
>
> o o o
>  o o
>

> njchen24@yahoo.com.sg (John) wrote in
>
> > Greetings:
> >
> > Is there a way to create two rows of a staggered hole cut as shown in
> > SW2K3 or SW2K4 (13 instances on the 1st row 2.54mm spacing between
> > column - 12 instances on the 2nd row and  shift to the right by
> > 1.27mm, 2.54mm row & column spacing)
> >
> > o o o o o o o o o o o o o
> >  o o o o o o o o o o o o
> >
> > Any suggustion and help would be greatly appreciated.
> >
> > John
0
njchen24
1/13/2004 1:46:40 AM
Speaking of patterns, has anyone seen the new patterning stuff in Pro/E
WildFire? That's some neat stuff!

"Corey Scheich" <cscheich@plymouthind.com> wrote in message
> make your array in a sketch as sketch points and use sketch driven pattern
> (2003 and up)
>
> "John" <njchen24@yahoo.com.sg> wrote in message
> > Greetings:
> >
> > Is there a way to create two rows of a staggered hole cut as shown in
> > SW2K3 or SW2K4 (13 instances on the 1st row 2.54mm spacing between
> > column - 12 instances on the 2nd row and  shift to the right by
> > 1.27mm, 2.54mm row & column spacing)
> >
> > o o o o o o o o o o o o o
> >  o o o o o o o o o o o o
> >
> > Any suggustion and help would be greatly appreciated.
> >
> > John

0
Jeff
1/13/2004 2:05:20 PM
Here is a summary of your suggestions along with my comments.
___________________________
Solutions 1:
<< Make 26 accross at 1.27mm and use "instances to skip" to skip every
other one.>>
This work, but too much time consuming to click on skip instance if
there is more than 26 holes (50, 68, 80, 120 etc), this number of
holes is very common in connector industry.
___________________________
Solution 2:
<< I usually do this by sketching and dimensioning the first two holes
in the pattern:
Then a linear pattern of however many instances:
o o o o o o o o o o o o o
 o o o o o o o o o o o o o
and then delete the extraneous hole at the end of the bottom row.
o o o o o o o o o o o o o
  o o o o o o o o o o o o >>

If I sketch two holes and pattern them. It will be deleted or skip as
a pair and not individual holes. Thus my holes will look more like
this
o o o o o o o o o o o o
 o o o o o o o o o o o o
__________________________
Solution 3 from Matt Lombard & Steve R

<< Add two sketch lines in the sketch that places your first hole in
the directions you want to stagger (in this case, one line horizontal
and the second line at 45�). In the Linear Pattern PM, select the
horizontal line for direction 1, and the angled line for direction 2,
then delete the 13th instance of the upper row.>>

Since most of the connector will have different column and row spacing
(usually multiple of 0.8, 1.27, 2.0, 2.54 etc), the angle would vary
(I think, in my case the angle is not 45� but rather Atan of 2.54/1.27
= 63.43494...).

Could someone be kind enough to send me (njchen24@yahoo.com.sg) a
model of this procedure? I try many hours and the dimension between
row and column is off. Instead of 1.27 & 2.54, I get 1.14 & 2.27.

1.27 (1.14)
   o|o-----
    |  2.54 (2.27)
    o------

Since I don't know how to post a picture at a web site, I can send you
a screen shot in jpeg format to whom ever interested.

__________________________

I did see the new Wildfire II demo for Patterning feature.  It's
pretty neat indeed.
0
njchen24
1/14/2004 6:41:19 PM
"John" <njchen24@yahoo.com.sg> wrote in message
                        Snip
> << Add two sketch lines in the sketch that places your first hole in
> the directions you want to stagger (in this case, one line horizontal
> and the second line at 45�). In the Linear Pattern PM, select the
> horizontal line for direction 1, and the angled line for direction 2,
> then delete the 13th instance of the upper row.>>
>
> Since most of the connector will have different column and row spacing
> (usually multiple of 0.8, 1.27, 2.0, 2.54 etc), the angle would vary
> (I think, in my case the angle is not 45� but rather Atan of 2.54/1.27
> = 63.43494...).
>
> Could someone be kind enough to send me (njchen24@yahoo.com.sg) a
> model of this procedure? I try many hours and the dimension between
> row and column is off. Instead of 1.27 & 2.54, I get 1.14 & 2.27.
>
> 1.27 (1.14)
>    o|o-----
>     |  2.54 (2.27)
>     o------

It looks like you used a 2.54 mm long angled line at about the right angle
to set the position of the lower pin. It's much easier if you dimension the
horizontal (1.27) and vertical (2.54) distances from the top end to the
bottom end of the angled line, instead of trying to calculate the angle and
length for the line.

Jerry Steiger
Tripod Data Systems

0
Jerry
1/14/2004 8:40:19 PM
 ______________
 \

Sketch this and use these as your direction vectors (make the two lines
merge at their intersection ofcourse)

the small angled line can be dimensioned to represent your 2.54 up and 1.27
over.

also add a driven dimension of the length (this can be used to control the
spacing along the second vector)

Pattern select the strait line for direction1 2.54 as the spacing 13 as
quantity
select the second line for direction2 and use the driven dimension as your
spacing and 2 as quantity

instances to skip and select the last one in the second row.

Or use this method

>Then a linear pattern of however many instances:
>o o o o o o o o o o o o o
> o o o o o o o o o o o o o
>and then delete the extraneous hole at the end of the bottom row.
>o o o o o o o o o o o o o
> o o o o o o o o o o o o >>
>
>If I sketch two holes and pattern them. It will be deleted or skip as
>a pair and not individual holes. Thus my holes will look more like
>this
>o o o o o o o o o o o o
> o o o o o o o o o o o o

and instead of skipping the last instance apply the pattern then select the
surface of the hole or the surfaces of the boss and right click on them you
will have the option to delete surface.  Apply that and the hole is gone.

> Since most of the connector will have different column and row spacing
> (usually multiple of 0.8, 1.27, 2.0, 2.54 etc), the angle would vary
> (I think, in my case the angle is not 45� but rather Atan of 2.54/1.27
> = 63.43494...).
>
> Could someone be kind enough to send me (njchen24@yahoo.com.sg) a
> model of this procedure? I try many hours and the dimension between
> row and column is off. Instead of 1.27 & 2.54, I get 1.14 & 2.27.
>
> 1.27 (1.14)
>    o|o-----
>     |  2.54 (2.27)
>     o------
>
> Since I don't know how to post a picture at a web site, I can send you
> a screen shot in jpeg format to whom ever interested.
>
> __________________________
>
> I did see the new Wildfire II demo for Patterning feature.  It's
> pretty neat indeed.

0
Corey
1/14/2004 8:47:10 PM
Yeah, it is very nice and simple!!

Jeff N wrote:

> Speaking of patterns, has anyone seen the new patterning stuff in Pro/E
> WildFire? That's some neat stuff!
>
> "Corey Scheich" <cscheich@plymouthind.com> wrote in message
> > make your array in a sketch as sketch points and use sketch driven pattern
> > (2003 and up)
> >
> > "John" <njchen24@yahoo.com.sg> wrote in message
> > > Greetings:
> > >
> > > Is there a way to create two rows of a staggered hole cut as shown in
> > > SW2K3 or SW2K4 (13 instances on the 1st row 2.54mm spacing between
> > > column - 12 instances on the 2nd row and  shift to the right by
> > > 1.27mm, 2.54mm row & column spacing)
> > >
> > > o o o o o o o o o o o o o
> > >  o o o o o o o o o o o o
> > >
> > > Any suggustion and help would be greatly appreciated.
> > >
> > > John

0
Paul
1/15/2004 2:41:16 AM
1. Fill pattern > Fill Boundary > Click on top surface of Part to choose the face.
2. Pattern layout > Perforation pattern > input instance spacing 4mm, Stagger angel 30 deg, Margin 18.5mm(or any you want), and choose the one of the edge as pattern direction.
3. In features and faces, choose the Seed (Pin/hole) as features to pattern.
4. In Options, tick Geometry pattern.
5. Click OK.
0
fm202 (1)

Why Do You Have To Worry About The Order Features Are Created In SolidWorks?
You don't have to ever worry about the order features are created in Solid Edge with ST: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LvfexLLWLu0&feature=related Jon Banquer San Diego, CA http://jonbanquer.blogspot.com/ You don't have to worry about it in SW either Jon. It is optional. TOP On Sep 13, 7:39 pm, jon_banquer <jon_banq...@yahoo.com> wrote: > You don't have to ever worry about the order features are created in > Solid Edge with ST: > > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LvfexLLWLu0&feature=related > > Jon Banquer > San Diego, CAhttp://jonbanquer.blogspot.com/ You don't have to ever worry about the order features are created in Solid Edge with ST: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LvfexLLWLu0&feature=related Jon Banquer San Diego, CA http://jonbanquer.blogspot.com/ ...

Solidworks 2006 CTD on Linear Feature Pattern
My company just installed SW 2006, we are currently using SP2.0 while I get 2.1 installed. We recently have found a repeatable CTD whenever we try to do a pattern of a linear feature. I have tried three different computers under two different configurations and the problem exists with all of them. This seems to be the only cause of the problem so far. I have used it on a system running an ASUS P4P800 MB, ATI FireGL X3 256 VC, 2 GB RAM, and Win XP Pro SP2. The other one is the same system, except 1 GB RAM and an nVidia GeForce FX 5200. I have installed all the certified drivers and the most rec...

How do I create a solidworks title block from a cad title block
I have tried various methods to create a title block of my own in solid works and have not had very good luck. My goal is to use existing cad title blocks and insert them into the solidworks title block section. I have no use for the default title blocks that come with solidworks. Any advice on this subject would be greatly appreciated. gaitano On Jul 4, 2:19 pm, Gaitan...@yahoo.com wrote: > I have tried various methods to create a title block of my own in > solid works and have not had very good luck. My goal is to use > existing cad title bl...

How can one create a bend with a Punch Rib feature in SW sheetmetal?
Greetings: Does anyone have some experience with SW sheetmetal? If so how do you create a bend feature with a punch rib as shown http://pwanghk.sphosting.com/SW/ClipWithPunchRib.jpg? I try to create a punch first then bend, vice versa and both failed. The clip should look like this http://pwanghk.sphosting.com/SW/ClipWithoutPunchRib.jpg with the punch rib on both side. Any suggestion to create this would be greatly appreciated. Please use copy and paste in case the link doesn't work properly. To truly flatten that part is a limitation. You could "fake it" by just builidng ...

Feature index in SW Feature tree ?
Hi, I am novice user of SolidWorks. Is there a way to obtain the number / index of a given feature in the SW feature tree ? e.g. If I have a big part having 20 extrudes and for discussion-purpose, I need to focus on the 13th extrusion of these 20. I can't ask people to count the 13th extrusion from top, and so would like to know if there is provision of uniquely identifying the feature with an index. It is possible to identify features from their names, but this is not applicable for some of my models which are created in a different language. In that case, the feature-name is seen as &...

DS SolidWorks Extends Support for SolidWorks 3D CAD Software
Business-Critical Solutions are Now Free to any Subscriber for an Additional Year CONCORD, Mass., USA, May 11, 2009 =96 While many companies are reducing service levels, Dassault Syst=E8mes SolidWorks Corp. (DS SolidWorks) is now extending support for SolidWorks=AE 3D CAD software versions by a full year. This means that DS SolidWorks will directly address and remedy any Subscription Services member=92s confirmed business-critical issue with SolidWorks 2008 through the announcement of SolidWorks 2010 in September =96 in fact, all the way to December 2009. Until now, SolidWorks ended these re...

Solidworks Models, Solidworks 3D Modeling and CAD Design Samples
Offering effective Solidworks 3D Modeling services and samples for various mechanical engineering needs at affordable rates! COS services is a preferred choice of Mechanical engineers, Manufacturers and Electrical contractors for reliable and economical Solidworks 3D Modeling services. We assist you in producing hi- quality, detailed, realistic 3D models of your mechanical product from existing 2D drawing & hand-drawn sketches. Our 3D solidworks modeling service deal with all aspects of mechanical engineering and various phases of project from tender submission, analysis to final...

Solidworks features
Hi People I have been doing a lot of reading and testing of solidworks and solidedge. I have to decide which to purchase at work. So far it is solidworks ahead (but i haven't seen either SW2005, or SE 16) yet. Anyway, on to the questions for the solidworks guys ;-) -in Solidedge, the sketching seems quicker. you can drag over several entities with the trim command and take them all out. in SW you seem to have to do one at a time? -In SW if you want to mirror a feature and you select all your stuff and oh damn, I forgot to define a reference plane to mirror about. I have to deselect al...

create a patterns
Hi, How can I create a patterns? Thanks for all helpful suggestions! "Chandrakant J.Patil" <chan@hotmail.com>, you wrote on Wed, 27 Oct 2004 14:17:18 +0530: >How can I create a patterns? > >Thanks for all helpful suggestions! In GIMP 2.x: 1. Make an image 2. Select the image 3. Choose <Image>/Script-Fu/Selection/To Pattern... 4. Go to the Patterns dialog and press the Refresh button Your newly made pattern should now be available. Handy tip: to make a pattern smoothly tileable (in other words, to stop it from having hard edges), it often helps t...

Affordable SolidWorks drawing services, 3D CAD Solidworks drawings
Offering 3D SolidWorks drawing services for Manufacturing & Engineering projects at affordable price! SolidWorks automates and simplifies generation of all the project documentation required for product design and adds the glue that makes it all stick together. It can reduce product development life cycle time by almost 70% as compared to conventional 2D CAD drafting. With SolidWorks you can produce detailed drawings better, faster and more easily. CAD Outsourcing firm is your offshore CAD partner to get SolidWorks 2D/ 3D drawings in a format of your choice, meeting all your specificatio...

SW World 2006 Day 4 Including SW 2007 New Features!!!!
WARNING: Extremely long post ahead!!! What and exciting morning session!!!! Today's general session was all about SW2007, and what to expect. The overall theme for version 2007 is: "Reducing CAD Overhead". They chose the dating game format to introduce the new features. The female contestant would ask the male contestants about different parts, and very funny and entertaining way of doing it. So here they are: DRAWINGS: You will be able to link ANY custom property into a balloon. The ability to add jump points to leader lines so you can bend them around to your liking. ...

Creating point features
Hello! I'm new to ArcGIS 9.0 and have to place some point features in a layer. The manual ("Editing in ArcMap") and the online help describe the "absolute x,y"-command to define the coordinates. But my coordinates come with degrees/angular minutes and are net decimal. Is there any command or option to use my original coordinates without converting them by myself? (No, I don't want to use ein Excel-spreadsheet...) TIA, Chris What about scripting the conversion directly in ArcGIS. AGP "Christian Curth" <news@disconnector.ne...

Creating Bends in SolidWorks
Ok, I am creating a reverse engineering project for one of my engineering Graphics classes. My project is to recreate a model of toenail clippers in SolidWorks. I am struggling with how to bend the front of the clipper blade to recreate the concave appearance of the original object. I am building the model using the Sheet metal tools. I think I should be using the Sketch Bend feature, but I am unsure of how to orient the sketch to bend to the concave shape that I am looking for. I have asked my instructor, but he is unfamiliar with using any of the sheet metal techniques in SolidWorks and refe...

How to create a circular pattern
I'm trying to model a conical hexagon and I encountered some problems that I need help. I created a round truncated cone, then I put an extruded cut that I need to copy 6 times around this cone. I think I need to create an angular datum "on the fly", but I don't know how. Can someone help me? I'm running Version 2001 Thank you for your help. <coldhot@water.com> wrote in message news:b9lm515almmcj14ufljn0k4bap9pqluhce@4ax.com... > I'm trying to model a conical hexagon and I encountered some problems > that I need help. > > I cre...

create a string from a pattern?
Im trying to come up with an easy way to generate a random string, based on a supplied pattern, maybe something like: String.from_pattern("\d\d\d@\w{3,5}.com") => "412@amnf.com" Ive used a standard reg exp format here, but it doesnt matter if it uses something else. Any simple way to do this? Thanks Paul On 09.07.2007 17:41, Paul Rogers wrote: > Im trying to come up with an easy way to generate a random string, > based on a supplied pattern, maybe something like: > > String.from_pattern("\d\d\d@\w{3,5}.com") => "412@amnf.com" > > Ive used a standard reg exp format here, but it doesnt matter if it > uses something else. > Any simple way to do this? Dunno whether you'd count this as simple: "%d-%d{3}-%w{3,5}".gsub /%(.)(?:\{(\d+)(?:,(\d+))?\})?/ do |m| t, mi, ma = $1, $2, $3 rep = case when mi.nil? 1 when ma.nil? mi.to_i else mi.to_i + rand(1 + ma.to_i - mi.to_i) end case t when "d" rep.to_enum(:times).inject("") {|s,| s << (?0 + rand(10)).chr} when "w" rep.to_enum(:times).inject("") {|s,| s << (?a + rand(1 + ?z - ?a)).chr} else # ignore m end end Kind regards robert On Jul 9, 10:25 am, Robert Klemme <shortcut...@googlemail.com> wrote: > On 09.07.2007 17:41, Paul Rogers wrote: > > > Im trying to come up with an easy...

How do you create a Palette Feature
I would like to create some Feature Palette Features. The feature I want to create is a under cut on a shaft in a corner where there is a change in dia. How do you create a Palette Feature? It's quite well described in the help files....see "add to palette" Krister L Nathan Feculak <nfeculak@goawyspam_namco.ca> skrev i diskussionsgruppsmeddelandet:KmWOb.46202$De.18799@edtnps84... > I would like to create some Feature Palette Features. The feature I want to > create is a under cut on a shaft in a corner where there is a change in dia. > How do you create a Pale...

SW to PTC with features
Has anyone came up with a good method to transfer from SW to PTC and retain parametrics? Any 3rd party translators for this that you may have heard of or, hopefully, used successfully. TIA, JJ Found this at www.eng-tips.com I haven't tired it but it's worth a try. Download ProDesktop Express from PTC's website. It is free, and can read and convert Pro/E files to IGES. Regards, Scott "JJ" <jayjay1@comcast.net> wrote in message news:eD2dnfpqJu_104miXTWJkw@comcast.com... > Has anyone came up with a good method to transfer from SW to PTC and retain > parametrics? Any 3rd party translators for this that you may have heard of > or, hopefully, used successfully. > > TIA, > > JJ > > Is does not work with Pro-E wildfire but does a great job with making step files. Scott wrote: > Found this at www.eng-tips.com I haven't tired it but it's worth a try. > > Download ProDesktop Express from PTC's website. It is free, and can read > and convert Pro/E files to IGES. > > Regards, > Scott > > "JJ" <jayjay1@comcast.net> wrote in message > news:eD2dnfpqJu_104miXTWJkw@comcast.com... > >>Has anyone came up with a good method to transfer from SW to PTC and > > retain > >>parametrics? Any 3rd party translators for this that you may have heard of >>or, hopefully, used successfully. >> >>TIA, >> >>JJ >> >>...

CREATE YOUR OWN SORTING PATTERN
How can I sort an array following my own rules? Ex. I have the elements: DCP9, TU0Y, HJ2I, M4NW, QR5T In a common way, vb will sort to: DCP9, HJ2I, M4NW, QR5T, TU0Y (ascending) But, I need the sort function do it following other pattern: TU0Y, HJ2I, M4NW, QR5T, DCP9 Sorry about my english :-( Regards, VFrari On 15 Jan 2004 04:00:11 -0800, vanderleifrari@yahoo.com.br (V) wrote: >How can I sort an array following my own rules? >Ex. I have the elements: DCP9, TU0Y, HJ2I, M4NW, QR5T >In a common way, vb will sort to: DCP9, HJ2I, M4NW, QR5T, TU0Y >(ascending) >But, I need the sort...

CAD/ SolidWorks/ Contract/ IN
Tom Gugger Independent Recruiter tgugger@bex.net CAD/ Solid Works/ Contract/ Elkhart IN We have an immediate start for an experienced person with solid CAD experience using SolidWorks. Experience must be recent and Not on an old version. The site is in Elkhart Indiana, all work is done on sight, and the rate is $42hr. There are no expenses or benefits. The contract should last until summer. Since there are no expenses, local and regional people are preferred. Pay will be by 1099 or C to C. We would like a Monday start date. Must be US Citizen or Greencard, No...

SW to create MP3s?
Hi all, I have a bunch of CDs and vinyl records that I'd like to be able to listen to on my computer. CDs don't present a problem as I can just stick 'em in the drive and listen to them using xmcd or gnome-cd, but given the compression qualities of MP3, I'd like to store CDs and the like on my hard drive. I can use cdrw to read the audio data off the disk, but how do I take those audio files and convert them into MP3s? Ditto for .WAVs created by connecting the line input of my Sun workstation to the tape output socket of my preamp for recording records. Preferably somethin...

Create very simple feature in ArcMap
Hi, This is an embarrassing question since I do have some experience w/ ArcDesktop , but I'm always reviewing other people's data but never created my own. I'm using ArcGIS 9.1. I want to create simple situations for testing. For the purposes of testing scripts on the simplest cleanest data, the following question: I want to create everything from scratch. Very simple, let's say a 2 by 2 degree box, say with a lower-left at 00-00-00/00-00-00 (the location is irrelevant), then add a fewpoints, lines, polygons and make it all WGS84. Viewable in ArcMap. How do I...

Can I create an iCal feature?
I just got a new mac and I like the calendar program, iCal. I also would like to get into programming on the mac. I come from more of a linux background. I just installed the Developer Tools. I was wondering if it is possible to create a few additional features to the To-Do List functions/features in iCal. If so, can you give me a general overview of the tools and languages I would need to use in order to do this. Thanks In article <36e4bf3c.0309151638.76f3229b@posting.google.com>, jbbmac@hotmail.com (bbmac) wrote: > I just got a new mac and I like the calendar ...

creating a file with a repeating pattern
Hello I'd like to create a file of 10Mb, full of '0xaa'. I have an basic/ugly solution for this: for ((i=0; i < 10MB; i++); do echo -ne '\0252' >> output.dat done does anybody know something better ? thanks Francis Moreau wrote: > Hello > > I'd like to create a file of 10Mb, full of '0xaa'. > > I have an basic/ugly solution for this: > > for ((i=0; i < 10MB; i++); do > echo -ne '\0252' >> output.dat > done > > does anybody know something better ? > > thanks man dd -- S. Anthony Sequei...

USING LOOPS TO CREATE A PATTERN !
Hi- I am new to java and I would appreciate your help with a code (method) using loops(while or for).It takes in an integer n, and creates a triangle of n rows with alternating integers on each row. Example 1: When n=4 the pattern below results: ...1... ..2.2.. .3.3.3. 4.4.4.4 Example 2: When n is say 3, the pattern below results: ..1.. .2.2. 3.3.3 I kind of see the pattern but can't seem to figure out how to implement it with loops. I would appreciate any code that will help me out.Thank you. Jay Dean On 22 Jul 2004 23:4...

Web resources about - How to create a staggered pattern feature in SW? - comp.cad.solidworks

Staggered conformation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
In organic chemistry, a staggered conformation is a chemical conformation of an ethane -like moiety abcX-Ydef in which the substituents a,b,and ...

Facebook expands to corporate social networking; again with staggered rollout strategy
Earlier today Facebook publicly opened registration beyond the world of students for the first time (!) to people with select corporate email ...

Man 'jailed' for destroying evidence staggered by Heiner no trial ruling
A man who in 2004 received a six-month suspended jail term for destroying evidence &#8220;is staggered&#8221; &#160;the Queensland Government ...

Sydney weather: Mike Baird urges staggered travel as transport problems continue
The state government says&nbsp;the city's transport network has held up well in the face of the storm despite flooded stations and traffic jams ...

Beveridge staggered by Minson VFL report
Will Minson's AFL career could stall again after he was sent off in the VFL for touching an umpire.

Greens 'staggered' Labor rejected Abbott government's proposed pension changes
Greens leader Richard Di Natale says he would have supported the Abbott government's proposed pension changes regardless of the concession he ...

Staggered flu shot plan best, study says
People's Daily Online Staggered flu shot plan best, study says People's Daily Online Government estimates put the annual death rate from flu ...

Microsoft Details Windows 10 Staggered Release Schedule
... confirmed that the launch schedule for Windows 10 is going to be summer (he would go no more specific than that) but that it will be a staggered ...

The HTC Vive launch will be staggered into Q1 2016
Valve has announced, via a PAX Prime Expo press statement, that while the HTC Vive will begin shipping this year, the launch will be staggered ...

From the Editor's Desk: Zen and the art of the staggered release
... release or update to anything is "will start rolling out to users over the next few weeks," or something to that effect. It's called a staggered ...