Radial Draft

has anyone any experience on trying to apply radial draft
i have a hollow cylinder with some locking features that need 2.5'
radial (revolved) draft
revolving the draft in the features is not working so much (multiple
revolves)

thanks for any help

0
gabake420 (1)
4/13/2006 2:49:25 PM
comp.cad.solidworks 14446 articles. 2 followers. Post Follow

can you post a link to a pic or a swx file pls

Kev

0
alphawave
4/14/2006 11:24:30 AM
"Revolving a draft"?  Please explain.

0
That70sTick
4/14/2006 12:46:01 PM
If you're talking about drafting the ends of a cylinder whose axis is
perpendicular to the direction of pull, "radial draft" would still leave
a section of 0 deg draft at the PL.    The closest thing to something
that does "radial draft" might be a ruled surface, and then a replace
face or cut with surface.

bake420 wrote:
> has anyone any experience on trying to apply radial draft
> i have a hollow cylinder with some locking features that need 2.5'
> radial (revolved) draft
> revolving the draft in the features is not working so much (multiple
> revolves)
>
> thanks for any help

0
matt
4/14/2006 3:44:07 PM
If you're applying radial drafting to the IDs the best way to proceed is to make a Sweep for the ODs and a Cut Loft for the IDs. Where the ODs start and end shapes are same diameter; and the IDs start and end shapes are different diameter.  Thus, you have to calculate the drafted angle written prior to apply those in the CAD.  Success

Structural CAD drafting service by Professional CAD Draughtsman
Are you looking for a reliable and cost-effective structural drafting service provider to support your ongoing engineering/construction project? At Outsource Structural Drafting firm, we provide the structural fabrication industry with quality CAD drafting and design blueprints, which are easy for engineers, fabricators and project members to read and understand. Our team of dedicated structural drafters can quickly adopt your naming conventions, layering standards and plot styles. CAD draughtsmen and checkers work in conjunction with architects, structural engineers and fabricators ensuring smooth running and delivery of your project. For any queries related to structural drafting contact us at: http://www.outsourcestructuraldrafting.com/contact.php We offer effective structural cad services including: =95 House Floor plan drafting =95 2D structural drafting =95 As-built drawings =95 Structural steel drafting =95 Structural layouts/details for trusses, joist & framing =95 Drawings for Shallow/Raft/Pile foundations =95 Detailing for Reinforced concrete design =95 Rebar detailing & Shop drawings =95 Structural drafting for BIM Modeling =95 Construction documents management We serve wide range of industry segments including Houses, Residential structures, Timber frame structures, Reinforced Concrete (RCC), Concrete panel & Civil structures, Industrial plants, Retaining walls, Steel structures and many more. Advantages of ...

Solidworks Models, Solidworks 3D Modeling and CAD Design Samples
Offering effective Solidworks 3D Modeling services and samples for various mechanical engineering needs at affordable rates! COS services is a preferred choice of Mechanical engineers, Manufacturers and Electrical contractors for reliable and economical Solidworks 3D Modeling services. We assist you in producing hi- quality, detailed, realistic 3D models of your mechanical product from existing 2D drawing & hand-drawn sketches. Our 3D solidworks modeling service deal with all aspects of mechanical engineering and various phases of project from tender submission, analysis to final...

DS SolidWorks Extends Support for SolidWorks 3D CAD Software
Business-Critical Solutions are Now Free to any Subscriber for an Additional Year CONCORD, Mass., USA, May 11, 2009 =96 While many companies are reducing service levels, Dassault Syst=E8mes SolidWorks Corp. (DS SolidWorks) is now extending support for SolidWorks=AE 3D CAD software versions by a full year. This means that DS SolidWorks will directly address and remedy any Subscription Services member=92s confirmed business-critical issue with SolidWorks 2008 through the announcement of SolidWorks 2010 in September =96 in fact, all the way to December 2009. Until now, SolidWorks ended these re...

CAD Drafting
AJ Square Inc - Engineering Design and CAD professionals are highly conversant with the latest Engineering Design and CAD platforms. Our services in 2D&3D plant layouts, 3D assembly modeling and Solid modeling ect., Sources: http://www.ajsquare.com/creative/engineering.php?create=cad_design ...

Affordable SolidWorks drawing services, 3D CAD Solidworks drawings
Offering 3D SolidWorks drawing services for Manufacturing & Engineering projects at affordable price! SolidWorks automates and simplifies generation of all the project documentation required for product design and adds the glue that makes it all stick together. It can reduce product development life cycle time by almost 70% as compared to conventional 2D CAD drafting. With SolidWorks you can produce detailed drawings better, faster and more easily. CAD Outsourcing firm is your offshore CAD partner to get SolidWorks 2D/ 3D drawings in a format of your choice, meeting all your specificatio...

Outsourcing Drafting, Quality CAD Drafting services at low price!
Offering quality CAD drafting and format conversion services at affordable rates! CAD Outsourcing firm is trusted choice of Architects, Construction professionals and Manufacturers to get dimensionally accurate and detailed 2D/3D CAD drawings in format of their choice, meeting all the specifications and standards. Our team work closely with your designer to learn each requirement in detail and deliver CAD solutions on time within budget. We have substantial expertise in: =95 Architectural Drafting & CAD Detailing =95 Structural detailing drawings =95 3D Interior rendering =95 3D Architec...

CAD4U drafting - The Ultimate Cad Drafting Company
-Quality service for competitive charges- CAD4U is a team of young architects. We have successfullycompleted many a projects for a wide range of clients and inmany locations worldwide. CAD4U has positioned itself as your best choice for cad draftingservices and outsourcing for owner-builders, Architects, Engineers and Contractors of all sizes. Our Staff of CAD4U draftspeople are ready to help you. We are located in India. And we work round the clock. Hence itself you can take advantage of the timezone difference and get your works done the very next working day itself. Isn't that amazing. Quality service for competitive charges is our motto. -we offer the most competitive price quotations in the industry- Services Offered: Architectural Plans Engineering drawings CAD Conversions 2D Drafting 3D Drafting Do visit us at www.dzinezolutions.com for more informations and samples of our works. Our contact information E-mail: a...@dzinezolutions.com Visit: www.dzinezolutions.com Phone (any time) (91) 09342 846763 (91) 09342 846659 (91) 080 28541912 ...

Cad Technician currently available for subcontract (offsite/telecommuting) CAD drafting/design.
Cad Technician currently available for subcontract (offsite/telecommuting) CAD drafting/design. My skills include but are not limited to very good and comprehensive AutoCAD and Microstation skills and knowledge along with customization and troubleshooting. My salary requirements are especially flexible. Jon Eberhardt thecadalyst@hotmail.com you can request my resume through the email address above.. ...

Cad Technician currently available for subcontract (offsite/telecommuting) CAD drafting/design.
Cad Technician currently available for subcontract (offsite/telecommuting) CAD drafting/design. My skills include but are not limited to very good and comprehensive AutoCAD and Microstation skills and knowledge along with customization and troubleshooting. My salary requirements are especially flexible. Jon Eberhardt thecadalyst@hotmail.com 208-724-3714 you can request my resume through the above email address.. ...

Cad Technician currently available for subcontract (offsite/telecommuting) CAD drafting/design.
Cad Technician currently available for subcontract (offsite/telecommuting) CAD drafting/design. My skills include but are not limited to very good and comprehensive AutoCAD and Microstation skills and knowledge along with customization and troubleshooting. My salary requirements are especially flexible. Jon Eberhardt thecadalyst@hotmail.com 208-724-3714 you can request my resume through the email address above.. ...

Is SolidWorks a Drafting System?
Sorry I can't help it. :) Back to Bertoline (the book), or French for that matter. In the stick and paper drafting days we had: orthographic projection (the most common) oblique projection (very useful and easy) isometric (tedious, but usedful) and a subset of axonometric projection. perspective (well industrial designers have to have something to do) And there are more but these will suffice because they are/were common. Just out of curiousity how many of these can SW do? Three you say? Wrong, only two carry into a drawings, orthographic projections (and their auxiliary views) a...

Freelance Drafting/CAD
I am available to help you out with your drafting needs: AutoCad Electro-Mechanical-Architectural 25 years experience. Strong Telecom background for drawings of floor plans. Located in North Texas If interested, please reply to this post. TIA S.Smith P.S. I tried to list this with misc.jobs.contract, but it would not list. S.Smith ...

CAD/ SolidWorks/ Contract/ IN
Tom Gugger Independent Recruiter tgugger@bex.net CAD/ Solid Works/ Contract/ Elkhart IN We have an immediate start for an experienced person with solid CAD experience using SolidWorks. Experience must be recent and Not on an old version. The site is in Elkhart Indiana, all work is done on sight, and the rate is $42hr. There are no expenses or benefits. The contract should last until summer. Since there are no expenses, local and regional people are preferred. Pay will be by 1099 or C to C. We would like a Monday start date. Must be US Citizen or Greencard, No...

CAD Drafting Services
Hi, We are CAD Service providing company form India, we are well reinforced with Architects, Civil, Mechanical and Electrical Engineers, who can help you with the most recent CAD Softwares like Auto CAD, Microstation, CATIA, Land Desktop, Architectural Desktop, 3D Studio max,Vector Works etc etc. The important aspect of our work is to provide over night turn around time for a project as per the requirement of the client(mostly very useful to Architects,Civil/Structural Engineers, Landscape designers, Interior Designers). Developing of the detailed drawings for the Floor plans, El...

Drafting / cad/cam
Any recommendations for a solid, cheap drafting program for the Mac? I'm designing some simple box-like products for production, and I need to make technical drawings of them to get prototypes made. I've gone as far as I can making drawings in Illustrator; I'd like something with auto-dimensioning and an awareness of volume when drawing a 3-D object -- a package that could produce 3-D perspective images would be extra nice, but I don't know if that puts me into high-end packages. I hesitate to say this, but I can also work on the PC, if there are better packages there (I work with a Powerbook and an XP laptop side-by-side...) Thanks for any advice, Alan Brooks Chips at panix dot com ...

,,CAD PROGRAMS : SOLIDWORKS 2005 AND MORE,
_Complete offer of all CAD/CAM/CAE and other programs. _More then 10000 programs available. _Latest release. _Ask on email for full list. _For any information or list, _contact me : dav_post01@hotpop.com (if you see dav_pos... type dav_post01) _email : dav_post01 AT hotpop.com _Latest top selling programs : _____________________________ ..3D Studio MAX 7/ ..ArchiCad 9/ ..AutoDesk AutoCad 2005/ ..AutoDesk Inventor 9/ ..Catia 5r14/ ..I-Deas NX 11/ ..Pro/Engineer Wildfire 2/ ..SolidWorks 2005/ ..UniGraphics NX 3/ + 10000 other programs .... _____________________________ Contact info : dav_p...

,CAD PROGRAMS : SOLIDWORKS 2005 AND MORE,
Complete offer of all CAD/CAM/CAE and other programs. More then 10000 programs available. Latest release. Ask on email for full list. For any information or list, contact me : dav_post01@hotpop.com (if you see dav_pos... type dav_post01 ) email : dav_post01 AT hotpop.com Latest top selling programs : _____________________________ ..3D Studio MAX 7... ..ArchiCad 9... ..AutoDesk AutoCad 2005... ..AutoDesk Inventor 9... ..Catia 5r14... ..I-Deas NX 11... ..Pro/Engineer Wildfire 2... ..SolidWorks 2005... ..UniGraphics NX 3... + 10000 other programs .... _____________________________ Contact i...

CAD Design/Drafting Work
Hi We are looking for a business opportunity where we can be used as their extended production facility in our company for CAD Design/Drafting/Drawing in Architecture, Landscape, 3D-Model Rendering, Working Drawing and Paper to CAD conversion work . EXPERIENCE We worked 15+ years with one of the leading Japanese multinational company SHIMIZU CORPORATION in Nepal and oversees mainly in Asia; Nepal, India, Bangladesh, Singapore, Vietnam, Japan, Slovakia (Europe), Cameroon (Africa) etc. RATE ANALYSIS We generally doing the work per sheet basis (A4, A3, A2, A1, A0). Because of work depends the man hour and it's related to the plotting scale and drawing sheet (paper size). If you send us some sample test in .TIF or JPEG format with some standard requirement. Then we are able to say you the exact price. For your reference we do the job US$ 1.5/Hr. I am pursuing out of conviction that it is going to be the start of a long-term mutually beneficial relationship. Looking forward your kind cooperation soon. Thanks & Regards. Truly CAD Systems Nepal P.O. Box: 21286 Kathmandu Nepal Tel: (+977-1)5553838 E-Mail: cadsys@htp.com.np ...

Freelance CAD drafting advise
I have been workining with CAD for over 18 years know. I've had my share of being laid off and also having to change disciplines to survive. I know work for a small company that urges me to take of side work and even use their equipment. I am doing Construction Cost Estimating and some drawing for a Tile and Stone contractor. I'm on salary now something i'm not quit use too. I have Mechanical, Instrument & Electrical, Civil/Structural, Mapping and Architectural experience as a designer/draftsman using Microstation, Autocad, Solidworks, PDS, etc. What is the best way to start a freelance cad service? I have a good idea how to start, but don't want to get in over my head. I would appreciate any constructive advice. Thanks, ~JNJ~ go door to door at small engineering or architectural offices & ask them if they sub out drafting & see if they will give you a shot when they get busy. On Wed, 21 Apr 2004 21:32:45 -0500, "JNJ" <jnjeaton@txucom.net> wrote: >I have been workining with CAD for over 18 years know. I've had my share of >being laid off and also having to change disciplines to survive. I know work >for a small company that urges me to take of side work and even use their >equipment. I am doing Construction Cost Estimating and some drawing for a >Tile and Stone contractor. I'm on salary now something i'm not quit use too. >I have Mechanical, Instrument & Electrical...

Looking for a CAD/Solidworks Designer
I had someone local do a design for me at the end of last year. I need some modifications done and I do not want to use him again. I am looking for a company or a licensed, insured designer to make the modifications. If you know of any companies that do this I would love to know the name and the hourly rate for changes if you know it. It is not mandatory but I would like to find someone with some plastic experience as well because the item will be made out of plastic. Thanks in Advance! Susie On 2 Jan 2007 06:25:33 -0800, justinsmama@comcast.net wrote: >I had someone local do a des...

CAD/ SOLIDWORKS/ CONTRACT or PERM/ IN
TOM GUGGER INDEPENDENT RECRUITER tgugger@bex.net 419-537-9447 CAD/ SOLIDWORKS/ IN We have a need for several contract and several perm people for Our client located in the Elkhart, IN area. This is an excellent company that provides full benefits on the perm side. Our clients needs various aspects of SOLIDWORKS, so be sure your resume is descriptive of your working experience. The contract starts ...

Do you need Solidworks CAD Training?
We can provide individual Solidworks CAD training courses to meet your requirements. From basic level through to Advanced, no previous CAD experience required course aimed at Design Engineers, Draughtspersons. We will beat any quote don't delay contact details below:- Please email: aruba400@aol.com ...

Promotion of CAD drafting services
Hello I would like to introduce Convert2CAD to your organization. We convert TIFF (or any other image formats) files to file formats like .dwg (AutoCAD All Versions), .dgn (Microstation Latest versions), and other commonly used formats. We have our own CAD development center in India. We are able to offer conversion turnaround time and quality that is demonstrably superior at a pricing which is extremely competitive. We are a 8 year old company and have extensive experience. We are completely conversant with most standards and conventions. We will be more than glad to do a sample, free of cost, to prove our credentials. You can visit our website at www.convert2cad.com. Many large companies are using our services and are extremely happy with our quality and timeliness. Conversion Process : You either email to us or use a Windows explorer like FTP utility which we provide to send us the image files via secure FTP. The FTP utility makes uploading of files a simple copy paste operation. Convert2CAD converts the files and emails them back to you. It would be our privilege to work for you. You will find us a good choice because : Work will always be delivered quick � next day delivery for 5 drawings or less Work not delivered on time will be FREE � no charges for late deliveries All our work will carry a 1 year free warranty. Work quality will always be world class and based on ISO standa...

Predicament with CAD, Solidworks, Printer technology
I was hoping you could help me out. I work at Avery Dennison and we're trying to find a more entry-level mechanical engineer/technician who knows CAD and Solidworks. The dilemma is the person has to have printer technology knowledge and worked with printers for a bit. It pays around 75k and is North Carolina. Do you know of anyone or can you think of any hints to find such a combo? Thanks in advance. Probably someone with just 2-4 years experience would be perfect. How do you expect to find a qualified person in this ng. Besides this ng is not an employment group. tere...

Web resources about - Radial Draft - comp.cad.solidworks

Radial function - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
where φ is a function of a single non-negative real variable. Radial functions are contrasted with spherical functions , and any decent function ...

Radial-G (@Radial_G) on Twitter
Log in Sign up You are on Twitter Mobile because you are using an old version of Internet Explorer. Learn more here Radial-G @ Radial_G Brighton, ...

Radial-G - YouTube
The fastest, smoothest, most enjoyable arcade racing experience in VR! Now available on Steam Early Access! http://store.steampowered.com/app/330770/ ...

The Story Behind BFGoodrich's Radial Tire Free-fall - Adweek The Story Behind BFGoodrich's Radial Tire ...
So let’s say it’s your job to do a little marketing for a new type of heavy-duty radial tire. Are you going to go all tire-geek and talk about ...

Twitch Reflex Goes Old School With Radial Runner
If you can't get enough of those reflex games, then here's another one to add to your collection. Twitch Reflex Goes Old School With Radial Runner ...

Price Drop: Radial
Radial 2.3 Device: iOS iPad Only Category: Productivity Price: Free, Version: 2.3 ( iTunes ) Description: ** FREE FOR A LIMITED TIME! **DISCLAIMER: ...

Radar Tires debuts pink-wall radials to fight breast cancer
Radar Tires has initiated a new charity campaign to fight breast cancer. The Mobilizing Hope campaign is aimed at stirring awareness through ...

Blender gains new effects, tools and radial Pie menu feature
... and portable form on Windows, opens with the debut of a long-awaited new UI feature: support for "Pie menus". These spread menu items radially ...

Google’s seriously cool new Android radial menu design revealed
We've seen designs for radial menus in Android before but they've never looked this cool or this detailed. Patent Bolt has spotted a recently ...

Dyson levels up in the U.S. with two new '2 Tier Radial' vacuums
The Dyson DC47 and the Dyson DC50 are the two newest high performance vacuums offered by the company. Internal refinements and a second tier ...