Maximumcompression.com updated

Hello,

I'm pleased to inform you the Maximum Compression site has finaly been
updated. The following programs are added :

- Durilca 0.1a  (now takes first place in best overall compression program)
- Epm r7 (now takes second place in best overall compression program;  could
  have been first, but unfortunately the program crashes on the txt file test).
- PPMY v2.02 (9A8)
- Bee 0.7.6d
- Winrar 3.20
- lzop 1.01
- WinZip 9.0 Beta
- PAQ1SSE / PAQ2
- 7-zip 2.30b32
- BMF 2.0

For a quick overview of the results look at the Summary page of the site. Enjoy!!

http://www.maximumcompression.com/

Regards,
Werner Bergmans

0
wbergmns (10)
7/1/2003 1:54:30 PM
comp.compression 4696 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

"Fulcrum" <wbergmns@dse.nl> wrote in message news:<qogMa.524261$122.49436011@amsnews02.chello.com>...
> Hello,
>
> I'm pleased to inform you the Maximum Compression site has finaly been
> updated. The following programs are added :
>
> - Durilca 0.1a  (now takes first place in best overall compression program)
> - Epm r7 (now takes second place in best overall compression program;  could
>   have been first, but unfortunately the program crashes on the txt file test).
> - PPMY v2.02 (9A8)
> - Bee 0.7.6d
> - Winrar 3.20
> - lzop 1.01
> - WinZip 9.0 Beta
> - PAQ1SSE / PAQ2
> - 7-zip 2.30b32
> - BMF 2.0
>
> For a quick overview of the results look at the Summary page of the site. Enjoy!!
>
> http://www.maximumcompression.com/
>

> Regards,
> Werner Bergmans

NO PROBLEM
I'VE TESTED BOTH EPM7 and EPM8

File type : English text (1995 CIA World Fact Book)
# of files to compress in this test : 1
Total File Size (bytes) : 2,988,578

Epm r7             416.381    (m512  c02577714692445478672324)
Epm r8-pre2        415.830    (m512  c02577714692445478672324)

Bye

Berto