New JPEG 2000 Benchmark

Dear Compressors,

I am planning a new JPEG 2000 benchmark to measure image quality and speed
for a number of open source and proprietary codecs.

I will be testing:

OpenJPEG
Grok (my open source multi-core fork of OpenJPEG)
Grok Pro (my GPU-enabled version of Grok)
Kakadu

The benchmark scripts and methodology will be open source. I would like to =
measure compression performance, speed, and image quality (for lossy compre=
ssion ) under a number of different J2K profiles. These test images (http:/=
/imagecompression.info/test_images/) will be used

Hardware will be an Intel Skylake I7 CPU running Linux, with one or two mid=
-range AMD GPUs, probably the new RX 470s.

Unfortunately, since I will not have nVidia hardware available, I will not =
be able to test the two open source GPU-accelerated codecs, which are writt=
en using CUDA, and only target nVidia cards:

http://cuj2k.sourceforge.net/
http://apps.man.poznan.pl/trac/jpeg2k

If anyone is interested in making other codecs available for this benchmark=
, or to get involved in any other way, please let me know.

Thanks!
Aaron
0
boxerab
8/9/2016 7:53:10 PM
comp.compression 4696 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow