Sequitur C/C++ code - which compiler to use?

Hello,

Has perhaps anyone tried the Sequitur C/C++ code available at
http://sequitur.rutgers.edu/sequitur (follow the link "Full source") ?

Judging from the Makefile, it is supposed to be compiled using gcc, but
I have tried several versions of gcc under both Linux and Windows, and
it either doesn't compile (there are include files required that do
actually not exist), or it does, but crashes when ran.

I would appreciate it if someone who successfully managed to compile the
code and run the resulting program, told me using which
compiler/settings/platform/... they did it.

Thank you,
Q.

0
qilzar
1/15/2004 5:36:47 PM
comp.compression 4696 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

qilzar@hotmail.com wrote:
) Judging from the Makefile, it is supposed to be compiled using gcc, but
) I have tried several versions of gcc under both Linux and Windows, and
) it either doesn't compile (there are include files required that do
) actually not exist), or it does, but crashes when ran.

You may need to install some other package/library/whatever, which provides
the include files.  Otherwise, it could be that you need to set the search
path for include files (with the -I flag, IIRC) to find those files that it
wants to include but can't find.

What compiler you compile it with should actually not matter much.
Even the version of 'make' is usually more important than which compiler.
Perhaps you need gnu make, there are projects that depend on something like
that.

SaSW, Willem
            drugged or something..
#EOT