Running Oracle 8.1.x and Oracle 9i on same Windows 2000 Server

I'm attempting to run an Oracle 8.1.7 database and and Oracle 9i database
on the same Windows 2000 Server.

Before doing this has anyone ran this configuration and are there any
things I must watch out for prior to installing the Oracle 9i software?

Thanks for the assistance.
David
0
David
12/4/2003 7:03:50 PM
comp.database.oracle 721 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

David wrote:

> I'm attempting to run an Oracle 8.1.7 database and and Oracle 9i database
> on the same Windows 2000 Server.
>
> Before doing this has anyone ran this configuration and are there any
> things I must watch out for prior to installing the Oracle 9i software?
>
> Thanks for the assistance.
> David

Environment variables
Multiple Oracle Homes
Lack of resources

It can be done. Many have done it. It still isn't a good idea if it can
be avoided.

And please, in the future, do NOT cross-post.

--
Daniel Morgan
damorgan@x.washington.edu

0