SQL1326N The file or directory cannot be accessed

Hello,

using 9.1 I'm trying to create a database in the instance 'bruno' but
receive following error code :

SQL1326N  The file or directory "/home/bruno/" cannot be accessed

Platform is Linux and I tried :
chmod 777 /home/bruno
chmod -R 777 /home/bruno/sqllib/

but without success.
Thanks for any clue.

Bye,
Bruno

0
Bruno

Bruno Costacurta wrote:
> Hello,
>
> using 9.1 I'm trying to create a database in the instance 'bruno' but
> receive following error code :
>
> SQL1326N  The file or directory "/home/bruno/" cannot be accessed

It would be helpful if you gave the actual command that you tried.

> Platform is Linux and I tried :
> chmod 777 /home/bruno
> chmod -R 777 /home/bruno/sqllib/
>
> but without success.

Certainly without success.  That also hosed your instance by messing up
all of the permissions.  To fix, stop any processes running as bruno,
and then, as root, you can run 'db2iupdt bruno' (db2iupdt is in the
<install>/instance directory).

Then post the create database command you ran again.

0
Ian
10/9/2006 2:51:40 PM
Ian wrote:

> Bruno Costacurta wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> using 9.1 I'm trying to create a database in the instance 'bruno' but
>> receive following error code :
>>
>> SQL1326N  The file or directory "/home/bruno/" cannot be accessed
>
> It would be helpful if you gave the actual command that you tried.
>
>> Platform is Linux and I tried :
>> chmod 777 /home/bruno
>> chmod -R 777 /home/bruno/sqllib/
>>
>> but without success.
>

> Certainly without success.  That also hosed your instance by messing up
> all of the permissions.  To fix, stop any processes running as bruno,
> and then, as root, you can run 'db2iupdt bruno' (db2iupdt is in the
> <install>/instance directory).
>

> Then post the create database command you ran again.

I solved this by creating a new user and a related instance.
I suppose this design is better.

Bye,
Bruno

0