556: Cannot create, drop, or modify an object that is external to current database. ???

database b;
CREATE PROCEDURE BB()
  select * from table(set{1}) into temp t12345 with no log;
END PROCEDURE;

database a;
CREATE PROCEDURE AA()
  EXECUTE PROCedure b:bb();
END PROCEDURE;

database a;
EXECUTE PROCEDURE AA();

556: Cannot create, drop, or modify an object that is external to
current database.
111: ISAM error:  no record found.

IBM Informix Dynamic Server Version 10.00.UC3

0
Denis
8/14/2007 8:20:40 AM
comp.databases.informix 16081 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

database b;
CREATE PROCEDURE BB()
  select * from table(set{1}) into temp t12345 with no log;
END PROCEDURE;

database a;
EXECUTE PROCedure b:bb();
556: Cannot create, drop, or modify an object that is external to
current database.
111: ISAM error:  no record found.

IBM Informix Dynamic Server Version 10.00.UC3

1
Denis
8/14/2007 9:49:55 AM

On Aug 14, 2007, at 3:20 AM, Denis.Zhuravlov@gmail.com wrote:

> database b;
> CREATE PROCEDURE BB()
>   select * from table(set{1}) into temp t12345 with no log;
> END PROCEDURE;
>
> database a;
> CREATE PROCEDURE AA()
>   EXECUTE PROCedure b:bb();
> END PROCEDURE;
>
> database a;
> EXECUTE PROCEDURE AA();
>
> 556: Cannot create, drop, or modify an object that is external to
> current database.
> 111: ISAM error:  no record found.
>
> IBM Informix Dynamic Server Version 10.00.UC3

Christine
8/14/2007 1:36:38 PM
> > database a;
> > CREATE PROCEDURE AA()
> >   select * from b:table(set{1}) into temp t12345 with no log;
> > END PROCEDURE;
>
> > database a;
> > EXECUTE PROCEDURE AA();

I don't need workaround. I want to know why my example not work.

0
Denis
8/15/2007 6:55:31 AM
Denis.Zhuravlov@gmail.com wrote:
>>> database a;
>>> CREATE PROCEDURE AA()
>>>   select * from b:table(set{1}) into temp t12345 with no log;
>>> END PROCEDURE;
>>> database a;
>>> EXECUTE PROCEDURE AA();
>
> I don't need workaround. I want to know why my example not work.

You cannot create a table in a remote database.

Have you tried finderr ?

$ finderr -556
-556    Cannot create, drop, or modify an object that is external to
current database.

This statement attempts to create, drop, or alter an object in an
external database, one other than the current database. You can only
read the contents of an external database.
0
Claus
8/15/2007 8:42:06 AM
> > I don't need workaround. I want to know why my example not work.
>
> You cannot create a table in a remote database.

But I don't create table in external database. I create temp table in
current database.

And why CREATE not work (-556), but DROP work fine?

database b;
CREATE PROCEDURE BB1()
 drop table t123;
END PROCEDURE;

database a;
select * from table(set{1}) into temp t123 with no log;
EXECUTE PROCEDURE b:bb1();
===>Routine executed.<===

0
Denis
8/15/2007 11:14:08 AM
On 15 Aug, 12:14, Denis.Zhurav...@gmail.com wrote:
> > > I don't need workaround. I want to know why my example not work.
>
> > You cannot create a table in a remote database.
>
> But I don't create table in external database. I create temp table in
> current database.
>
> And why CREATE not work (-556), but DROP work fine?
>
> database b;
> CREATE PROCEDURE BB1()
>  drop table t123;
> END PROCEDURE;
>
> database a;
> select * from table(set{1}) into temp t123 with no log;
> EXECUTE PROCEDURE b:bb1();
> ===>Routine executed.<===

Some people may call that a bug, I say

Where in the manuals it is defined what happens when you change
databases whilst you have existing temp tables?

I say "Unless it is stated in the manuals what happens then the
behaviour is  undefined and you get what ever behaviour you get".

0
david