From: informix-list-bounces@iiug.org
[mailto:informix-list-bounces@iiug.org] On Behalf Of bobkot@gmail.com
Sent: Tuesday, May 23, 2006 7:28 AM
To: informix-list@iiug.org
Subject: [Informix][Informix ODBC Driver] Database locale information
mismatch

I have download ClientSDK 2.90.TC4

I am trying to connect to an IDS10 database. My iLogin works fine, but
I cannot set up the ODBC driver, I keep getting the message
"[Informix][Informix ODBC Driver] Database locale information mismatch"

I cannot leave it blank, under environment, and I cannot find any
matching pairs.

Can somebody help.

XP client and Linux server

Link
5/23/2006 12:54:45 PM
comp.databases.informix 16081 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

Version 10.00.UC4E is what I am running. How do I determine what the
database was created with ?

I have no customer support - that is me - so where to for the patches ?
Would that be for the IDS or the SDK

0
bobkot
--=_alternative 0023D97D65257178_=

To find out what's the database locale in your environment go to the
server instance window/shell and do "onstat -g env | grep -i db_locale"
this will give you the value of DB locale for your server. You can also
get the same from dbaccess, go to the database you are connecting to and
go to "info" and then "Nls" ..there you should be able to see db locale
for your database. Once you come to know the value of your database ...use
the same value in your DSN setup for ODBC or if you are using DSNLESS
connection then "DLOC=<the value>" should be part of your connection
string ...

In terms of patch you must be asking for CSDK(i.e ODBC) patch not IDS.

As you said you are using IDS on Linux and if you are sure you only
created the database on this server and didn't use any DB_LOCALE setting
while creating the database then by default its going to be en_US.819 or
en_US.8859-1 . So try one of these two values it should work !!!

Thanks & Regards
-Shesh

bobkot@gmail.com
Sent by: informix-list-bounces@iiug.org
05/24/2006 11:44 AM

informix-list@iiug.org
cc

Subject
Re: [Informix ODBC Driver] Database locale information mismatch

Version 10.00.UC4E is what I am running. How do I determine what the
database was created with ?

I have no customer support - that is me - so where to for the patches ?
Would that be for the IDS or the SDK

--=_alternative 0023D97D65257178_=

in your environment go to the server instance window/shell and do &quot;onstat
-g env | grep -i db_locale&quot; this will give you the value of DB locale
for your server. You can also get the same from dbaccess, go to the database
you are connecting to and go to &quot;info&quot; and then &quot;Nls&quot;
...there you should be able to see db locale for your database. Once you
come to know the value of your database ...use the same value in your DSN
setup for ODBC or if you are using DSNLESS connection then &quot;DLOC=&lt;the
value&gt;&quot; should be part of your connection string ...</font>
for CSDK(i.e ODBC) patch not IDS.</font>
and if you are sure you only created the database on this server and didn't
use any DB_LOCALE setting while creating the database then by default its
going to be en_US.819 or en_US.8859-1 . So try one of these two values
it should work !!!</font>
-Shesh<br>
locale information mismatch</font></table>
determine what the<br>
database was created with ?<br>
I have no customer support - that is me - so where to for the patches ?<br>
Would that be for the IDS or the SDK<br>
--=_alternative 0023D97D65257178_=--
0
Sheshnarayan