RE: [Info-ingres] gtar failed with exit code 1

/tmp has rwxrwxrwxt on various unix flavours I deal with.
The t - sticky bit allows the owner of files to delete only their own files.

-----Original Message-----
From: calibrav6 [mailto:UseLinkToEmail@dbForumz.com]
Sent: Friday, 17 June 2005 8:36 AM
To: info-ingres@cariboulake.com
Subject: [Info-ingres] gtar failed with exit code 1

Hi,

I try to install ingres 2.6 SP2 on Unixware 7.13.
Running install/ingbuild as user ingres will start to unpack the
files, but
suddenly, I get error messages like this:
gtar failed with exit code 1
Unable to delete directory.  Return code: 1

Post to lock : the solution is chmod 777 /tmp
Strange because usually it's 777, and here it was 775   8O

--
Posted using the http://www.dbforumz.com interface, at author's request
Topic URL:

Paul
6/17/2005 2:16:34 AM
comp.databases.ingres 5857 articles. 0 followers. specially (35) is leader. Post Follow