ERROR: "Method 'Connection' of object '_Current Project' failed. -2147024769"

Continue to get error message.

Here is an update of my problem and everything that I have done to
correct it.

I have created a front-end application and back-end database. I have
code that automatically links the front-end application to the
back-end database for whenever I provide a patch or upgrade. Everytime
that I opened the program in the past using either Access 2002 and
2003, it open just fine with no errors when linking to the back-end
tables.

Lately, I get the following error message whenever I open my
application:

ERROR: "Method 'Connection' of object '_Current Project' failed. Check
to see if you installed the tables used for storing data is in the
default directory. -2147024769"

After clicking, "OK", my application continues to open and re-links to
the back-end tables anyway. Yes, all the data displays in the
application front-end data fields.

I removed all the links to the back-end tables; re-imported the
back-end tables; same problem. This was then followed by with creating
a new application re-combining the front and back-ends (no problems
occurred in loading and using the application) and preceded to
re-split the application again. I continue to receive the above error.

I went to backups and earlier versions of my application, up to 12
months, and now, they give out the same above error message. Could
this be an Access problem?

John

John Phelan wrote:

> Continue to get error message.
>
> Here is an update of my problem and everything that I have done to
> correct it.
>
> I have created a front-end application and back-end database. I have
> code that automatically links the front-end application to the
> back-end database for whenever I provide a patch or upgrade. Everytime
> that I opened the program in the past using either Access 2002 and
> 2003, it open just fine with no errors when linking to the back-end
> tables.
>
> Lately, I get the following error message whenever I open my
> application:
>
> ERROR: "Method 'Connection' of object '_Current Project' failed. Check
> to see if you installed the tables used for storing data is in the
> default directory. -2147024769"
>
> After clicking, "OK", my application continues to open and re-links to
> the back-end tables anyway. Yes, all the data displays in the
> application front-end data fields.
>
> I removed all the links to the back-end tables; re-imported the
> back-end tables; same problem. This was then followed by with creating
> a new application re-combining the front and back-ends (no problems
> occurred in loading and using the application) and preceded to
> re-split the application again. I continue to receive the above error.
>
> I went to backups and earlier versions of my application, up to 12
> months, and now, they give out the same above error message. Could
> this be an Access problem?
>
> John

Looks more like an MDAC problem, try re-installing or install latest
version (2.8 IIRC), I had a problem like this using ADO and it was MDAC
2.7 that was screwed up by (I think) a repair install of WinXP, it had
some of the DLLs as later versions from what should have been there.

check it with this http://tinyurl.com/6gsv (MDAC Component checker)

--
Error reading sig - A)bort R)etry I)nfluence with large hammer
0

> check it with this http://tinyurl.com/6gsv (MDAC Component
> checker)

May I make a suggestion about using these URL abbreviation services?

I think it's a good idea to also post the full URL along with it
because:

1. for the Google Groups archives, it's important that URLs be as
permanent as possible for posts to remain useful. If TinyURL.com
ceases operations, all those shortened URLs will become useless
(remember all the Deja News URLs that are now useless because Deja
used its own server's article numbers for its canonical URLs?).

2. corollary to 1) is that even if the target URL also expires
(assuming it's only because of a reorganization of the target
website), having the information about what website the URL was
pointing to may make it possible to search that website to locate
the content in question.

3. seeing the destination of the URL can tell a reader whether its
worth following the link or not.

dfenton at bway dot net                http://www.bway.net/~dfassoc
0
dXXXfenton (2542)
7/8/2004 4:21:39 PM
David W. Fenton wrote:
> Trevor Best <nospam@localhost> wrote in
>

>>check it with this http://tinyurl.com/6gsv (MDAC Component
>>checker)
>

> May I make a suggestion about using these URL abbreviation services?

No! :-)

> I think it's a good idea to also post the full URL along with it
> because:

[snip tinyurl may expire one day before google does]
Point taken. The original URL was
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=8f0a8df6-4a21-4b43-bf53-14332ef092c9&DisplayLang=en

--
Error reading sig - A)bort R)etry I)nfluence with large hammer
0
Trevor
7/10/2004 11:49:31 AM
"Trevor Best" <nospam@localhost> wrote...
> David W. Fenton wrote:
> > Trevor Best <nospam@localhost> wrote:

> >>check it with this http://tinyurl.com/6gsv (MDAC Component
> >>checker)

> > May I make a suggestion about using these URL abbreviation services?

> No! :-)

> > I think it's a good idea to also post the full URL along with it
> > because:

> [snip tinyurl may expire one day before google does]
> Point taken. The original URL was

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=8f0a8df6-4a21-4b43-bf53-14332ef092c9&DisplayLang=en

Ironically, and speaking as the owner of two of these "FamilyIDs" in the MS
download center, I can tell you that updates can often be posted in ways
that cause a new FamilyID to be assigned, thus making them potentially even
more temporary than tinyurl! :-)

Pages like the following may be better (since they often include redirects
when they do change):

http://msdn.microsoft.com/data/downloads/tools/default.aspx

and when they exist, the best kind of links are the MS version of tinyurl,
FWLink:

http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=<fill in the linkid here>

(this is obviously not a valid URL since no linkid is filled in)

--
MichKa [MS]
NLS Collation/Locale/Keyboard Development

This posting is provided "AS IS" with
no warranties, and confers no rights.

0
michkap (337)