Form with Tab Control

Hi,

I would like to have form with Tab Control with 3 pages. Each page in tab
control would contain text boxes from different sources (tables). On first
page would be text boxes from tblOne, second page from tblTwo, third page
from tblThree.
Tables are in relationship 'One to one' (design is ok, allready checked with
people on newsgroup).
1. Is it possible to have input like this on one form?
2. When I go to another page, record from page Two are related to record in
page One. Then when clicking on page Two, I would have to pass ID to this
page. Same goes with third page. Is it possible?

Thanks

Yes, you can do what you want!

Base your main form on table1 and include the ID field and one other field that
identifies the record such as CustomerName. Create a subform based on table1 and
include the ID field and all the other fields in table1 except the one you put
on the main form (CustomerName). Place the subform on the first tab page and set
the Link Master/LinkChild properties to ID. Create a subform based on table2 and
include the ID field. Place that subform on the second tab page and set the Link
Master/LinkChild properties to ID. Do the same for table3 on the third tab page.
If you set it up like this, you can choose a customer for example on the main
form and all three subforms will track to the same customer.

--
                                         PC Datasheet
Your Resource For Help With Access, Excel And Word Applications

"Newbee" <newbee2004@net.hr> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I would like to have form with Tab Control with 3 pages. Each page in tab
> control would contain text boxes from different sources (tables). On first
> page would be text boxes from tblOne, second page from tblTwo, third page
> from tblThree.
> Tables are in relationship 'One to one' (design is ok, allready checked with
> people on newsgroup).
> 1. Is it possible to have input like this on one form?
> 2. When I go to another page, record from page Two are related to record in
> page One. Then when clicking on page Two, I would have to pass ID to this
> page. Same goes with third page. Is it possible?
>
> Thanks

0
spam8773 (270)
2/7/2004 5:07:48 PM
Thanks for help,

I dont have field in table1 which identifies the record such as
CustomerName, because primary key consist of 2 fields:
[Date] and [CompanyID].
Other fields in table One are Data1, Data2, Data3, and they dont indentifie
record.
If I put on main form fields [Date] and [CompanyID] what fields I include on
subform on first tab page (except Data1, Data2,...), how do I connect a form
and sunform on first tab page.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

"PC Datasheet" <spam@nospam.spam> wrote in message
> Yes, you can do what you want!
>
> Base your main form on table1 and include the ID field and one other field
that
> identifies the record such as CustomerName. Create a subform based on
table1 and
> include the ID field and all the other fields in table1 except the one you
put
> on the main form (CustomerName). Place the subform on the first tab page
and set
> the Link Master/LinkChild properties to ID. Create a subform based on
table2 and
> include the ID field. Place that subform on the second tab page and set
the Link
> Master/LinkChild properties to ID. Do the same for table3 on the third tab
page.
> If you set it up like this, you can choose a customer for example on the
main
> form and all three subforms will track to the same customer.
>

> --
>                                          PC Datasheet
> Your Resource For Help With Access, Excel And Word Applications
>                               resource@pcdatasheet.com
>                                  www.pcdatasheet.com
>

> "Newbee" <newbee2004@net.hr> wrote in message
> > Hi,
> >
> > I would like to have form with Tab Control with 3 pages. Each page in
tab
> > control would contain text boxes from different sources (tables). On
first
> > page would be text boxes from tblOne, second page from tblTwo, third
page
> > from tblThree.
> > Tables are in relationship 'One to one' (design is ok, allready checked
with
> > people on newsgroup).
> > 1. Is it possible to have input like this on one form?
> > 2. When I go to another page, record from page Two are related to record
in
> > page One. Then when clicking on page Two, I would have to pass ID to
this
> > page. Same goes with third page. Is it possible?
> >
> > Thanks

If you have CompanyID you must have a Company table that has the name of the
company. Include that table also in the record source of the main form then you
can display the name of the company and the Date to identify the record. You
will have to set the LinkMaster field in each subform too include CompanyID and
Date.

Incidently there's a strong hint here that there's a problem with the design of
your tables!!

--

> Thanks for help,
>
> I dont have field in table1 which identifies the record such as
> CustomerName, because primary key consist of 2 fields:
> [Date] and [CompanyID].
> Other fields in table One are Data1, Data2, Data3, and they dont indentifie
> record.
> If I put on main form fields [Date] and [CompanyID] what fields I include on
> subform on first tab page (except Data1, Data2,...), how do I connect a form
> and sunform on first tab page.
>
> Any help is greatly appreciated.
>

> "PC Datasheet" <spam@nospam.spam> wrote in message
> > Yes, you can do what you want!
> >
> > Base your main form on table1 and include the ID field and one other field
> that
> > identifies the record such as CustomerName. Create a subform based on
> table1 and
> > include the ID field and all the other fields in table1 except the one you
> put
> > on the main form (CustomerName). Place the subform on the first tab page
> and set
> > the Link Master/LinkChild properties to ID. Create a subform based on
> table2 and
> > include the ID field. Place that subform on the second tab page and set
> the Link
> > Master/LinkChild properties to ID. Do the same for table3 on the third tab
> page.
> > If you set it up like this, you can choose a customer for example on the
> main
> > form and all three subforms will track to the same customer.
> >

> > --
> >                                          PC Datasheet
> > Your Resource For Help With Access, Excel And Word Applications
> >                               resource@pcdatasheet.com
> >                                  www.pcdatasheet.com
> >

> > "Newbee" <newbee2004@net.hr> wrote in message
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > I would like to have form with Tab Control with 3 pages. Each page in
> tab
> > > control would contain text boxes from different sources (tables). On
> first
> > > page would be text boxes from tblOne, second page from tblTwo, third
> page
> > > from tblThree.
> > > Tables are in relationship 'One to one' (design is ok, allready checked
> with
> > > people on newsgroup).
> > > 1. Is it possible to have input like this on one form?
> > > 2. When I go to another page, record from page Two are related to record
> in
> > > page One. Then when clicking on page Two, I would have to pass ID to
> this
> > > page. Same goes with third page. Is it possible?
> > >
> > > Thanks

0
spam8773 (270)
2/7/2004 8:42:47 PM
Excuse the eavesdropping, but can this concept be taken further?  What is
the limit to the number of tabs in a form?

thanks in advance.
Jeff

"PC Datasheet" <spam@nospam.spam> wrote in message
> Yes, you can do what you want!
>
> Base your main form on table1 and include the ID field and one other field
that
> identifies the record such as CustomerName. Create a subform based on
table1 and
> include the ID field and all the other fields in table1 except the one you
put
> on the main form (CustomerName). Place the subform on the first tab page
and set
> the Link Master/LinkChild properties to ID. Create a subform based on
table2 and
> include the ID field. Place that subform on the second tab page and set
the Link
> Master/LinkChild properties to ID. Do the same for table3 on the third tab
page.
> If you set it up like this, you can choose a customer for example on the
main
> form and all three subforms will track to the same customer.
>

> --
>                                          PC Datasheet
> Your Resource For Help With Access, Excel And Word Applications
>                               resource@pcdatasheet.com
>                                  www.pcdatasheet.com
>

> "Newbee" <newbee2004@net.hr> wrote in message
> > Hi,
> >
> > I would like to have form with Tab Control with 3 pages. Each page in
tab
> > control would contain text boxes from different sources (tables). On
first
> > page would be text boxes from tblOne, second page from tblTwo, third
page
> > from tblThree.
> > Tables are in relationship 'One to one' (design is ok, allready checked
with
> > people on newsgroup).
> > 1. Is it possible to have input like this on one form?
> > 2. When I go to another page, record from page Two are related to record
in
> > page One. Then when clicking on page Two, I would have to pass ID to
this
> > page. Same goes with third page. Is it possible?
> >
> > Thanks

I am not certain, because the physical limit exceeds the practical number
that are usable. While opinions may differ on the practical number that are
usable, there is wide agreement that it is "relatively few".

  Larry Linson
  Microsoft Access MVP

0
bouncer (4168)