Possible to tell which page is the active page of a tab control (A2003)??

I would like to use a tab control but I need to know which page/tab
has been selected.  Which one is the active tab.

I don't see a property for this.

Is there one or do I have to populate a variable when the user clicks
on a page tab?

On Thu, 20 Oct 2011 12:54:19 -0600, PW
<emailaddyinsig@ifIremember.com> wrote:

>I would like to use a tab control but I need to know which page/tab
>has been selected.  Which one is the active tab.
>
>I don't see a property for this.
>
>Is there one or do I have to populate a variable when the user clicks
>on a page tab?

Nevermind.  I put a checkbox on each page for the user to select if
they want controls on that page processed.
On Thu, 20 Oct 2011 12:54:19 -0600, PW
<emailaddyinsig@ifIremember.com> wrote:

>I would like to use a tab control but I need to know which page/tab
>has been selected.  Which one is the active tab.
>
>I don't see a property for this.
>
>Is there one or do I have to populate a variable when the user clicks
>on a page tab?

It took a while searching through the help before I found the relevant
sentence.

"The Value property of the tab control is equal to the PageIndex
property of the current page. You can use these properties to
determine which page is currently selected after the user has switched
from one page to another, or to change the order in which the pages
appear in the control."

For example

forms!form1!tabctl20.value
or
me.tabctl20.value

Tony
--
Tony Toews, Microsoft Access MVP
ttoews (2789)
<ttoews@telusplanet.net> wrote:

>On Thu, 20 Oct 2011 12:54:19 -0600, PW
><emailaddyinsig@ifIremember.com> wrote:
>
>>I would like to use a tab control but I need to know which page/tab
>>has been selected.  Which one is the active tab.
>>
>>I don't see a property for this.
>>
>>Is there one or do I have to populate a variable when the user clicks
>>on a page tab?
>
>It took a while searching through the help before I found the relevant
>sentence.
>
>"The Value property of the tab control is equal to the PageIndex
>property of the current page. You can use these properties to
>determine which page is currently selected after the user has switched
>from one page to another, or to change the order in which the pages
>appear in the control."
>
>For example
>
>forms!form1!tabctl20.value
>or
>me.tabctl20.value
>
>Tony

Thanks Tony.  I saw the topic on PageIndex but didn't think it was
relevant (or something like that).

-paul