Selecting text in a text box

When I attempt to select text in a text box, the text from the cursor
position to the end of the text is instantly selected as soon as I
click the mouse down. There seems to be no way to select just a small
portion of the text in a text box.

This seems pretty basic. What am I missing? I'm using Access 97 on an
XP system.

Steve Richfield

First, (I don't remember if this is an option in 97) check
Tools|Options|Keyboard tab, Behavior Entering Field. This setting will
adjust the behavior for all forms and controls.

Next, you would need to click at the start of the area you want to highlight
and drag over the rest of the area you want to highlight while holding down
the left mouse button until you reach the end of the desired text. If you
will always want to highlight the same section of text, then in the
control's Got Focus event you can select text using code. Check the SelStart
and SelLength properties in the VBA help file.

--
Wayne Morgan
MS Access MVP