Hello,

I need to copy a table from an 8i oracle database to a sqlserver 2000 database.

Is it possible to use the command "COPY FROM ... TO ..." ?
So,  what is the correct syntax ?

Thanks for your help

Cyril
0
jewelk (1)

"Cyril" <jewelk@free.fr> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> I need to copy a table from an 8i oracle database to a sqlserver 2000
database.

> Is it possible to use the command "COPY FROM ... TO ..." ?
> So,  what is the correct syntax ?
>

> Thanks for your help
>
> Cyril

Look into linked servers in Books Online - you can create a linked server
pointing to the Oracle database, then do this:

insert into dbo.MSSQLTable
select col1, col2, ...
from Oracle..SCHEMA.TABLE

Alternatively, DTS can move data from Oracle to MSSQL.

Simon

0
sql (2120)