SQL Server 2000 SQL Agent Error [393] Waiting for SQL Server to recover databases

While I was out of the office the Lan Team moved one of my SQL Server
2000 servers to a new network domain.  Since then the maintenance job
has not ran.

The error log for the SQL Agents has the message listed in the subject
line.  I have not found any useful articles on the MS SQL Server
site.  Anyone know what might be wrong and how to fix it.

HTH -- Mark D Powell --

0
Mark.Powell (1630)

Mark D Powell (Mark.Powell@eds.com) writes:
> While I was out of the office the Lan Team moved one of my SQL Server
> 2000 servers to a new network domain.  Since then the maintenance job
> has not ran.
>
> The error log for the SQL Agents has the message listed in the subject
> line.  I have not found any useful articles on the MS SQL Server
> site.  Anyone know what might be wrong and how to fix it.

I would try

  select * from master..sysdatabases
  where databaseproperty(name, 'IsInRecovery') = 1

and see if that finds something. There are a couple of more properties
for Databaseproperty that you should search for.

Books Online for SQL Server 2005 at
Books Online for SQL Server 2000 at
esquel (7068)
1/30/2007 10:30:54 PM
On Jan 30, 5:30 pm, Erland Sommarskog <esq...@sommarskog.se> wrote:
> Mark D Powell (Mark.Pow...@eds.com) writes:
>
> > While I was out of the office the Lan Team moved one of my SQL Server
> > 2000 servers to a new network domain.  Since then the maintenance job
> > has not ran.
>
> > The error log for the SQL Agents has the message listed in the subject
> > line.  I have not found any useful articles on the MS SQL Server
> > site.  Anyone know what might be wrong and how to fix it.
>
> I would try
>
>   select * from master..sysdatabases
>   where databaseproperty(name, 'IsInRecovery') = 1
>
> and see if that finds something. There are a couple of more properties
> for Databaseproperty that you should search for.
>
> --
> Erland Sommarskog, SQL Server MVP, esq...@sommarskog.se
>
> Books Online for SQL Server 2005 athttp://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/sql/2005/downloads/books...
> Books Online for SQL Server 2000 athttp://www.microsoft.com/sql/prodinfo/previousversions/books.mspx

As I suspected none of the databases are reported as being recovered.
According to the SQL Server Logs everything is fine.  But the SQL
Agent reports that it is waiting to recover databases.

I noticed that the status codes of 64, 128, and 256 were pre-recovery,
recovering, and not recovered so I looked for these.  The best I can
tell every database is available.

Thanks anyway.  Anyone have any other suggestions as to what I can
look at.

-- Mark D Powell --

0
Mark.Powell (1630)
1/31/2007 3:06:10 PM
Mark D Powell (Mark.Powell@eds.com) writes:
> As I suspected none of the databases are reported as being recovered.
> According to the SQL Server Logs everything is fine.  But the SQL
> Agent reports that it is waiting to recover databases.
>
> I noticed that the status codes of 64, 128, and 256 were pre-recovery,
> recovering, and not recovered so I looked for these.  The best I can
> tell every database is available.
>
> Thanks anyway.  Anyone have any other suggestions as to what I can
> look at.

I found http://support.microsoft.com/kb/303287. Could this be applicable?
Note that if you have lightweight pooling enabled, you should be able
to turn it off without first enable "Allow updates".

Books Online for SQL Server 2005 at
Books Online for SQL Server 2000 at
esquel (7068)
1/31/2007 10:54:10 PM
On Jan 31, 5:54 pm, Erland Sommarskog <esq...@sommarskog.se> wrote:
> Mark D Powell (Mark.Pow...@eds.com) writes:
>
> > As I suspected none of the databases are reported as being recovered.
> > According to the SQL Server Logs everything is fine.  But the SQL
> > Agent reports that it is waiting to recover databases.
>
> > I noticed that the status codes of 64, 128, and 256 were pre-recovery,
> > recovering, and not recovered so I looked for these.  The best I can
> > tell every database is available.
>
> > Thanks anyway.  Anyone have any other suggestions as to what I can
> > look at.
>
> I foundhttp://support.microsoft.com/kb/303287. Could this be applicable?
> Note that if you have lightweight pooling enabled, you should be able
> to turn it off without first enable "Allow updates".
>
> --
> Erland Sommarskog, SQL Server MVP, esq...@sommarskog.se
>
> Books Online for SQL Server 2005 athttp://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/sql/2005/downloads/books...
> Books Online for SQL Server 2000 athttp://www.microsoft.com/sql/prodinfo/previousversions/books.mspx

Just now say your response, and yes this option was checked.  I am
waiting on a window when I will be allowed to cycle SQL Server to see
if this resolves the problem.

I will post back either way, but it may be a few days till I get a
window.

-- Mark D Powell --

0
Mark.Powell (1630)