How to make a dump for Oracle 9i with Oracle 10g

Hello,

is it possible to create an export dump of a scheme in Oracle 10g in
order to import it into an Oracle 9i database?

Thank you,
Norbert
0
ISO
3/31/2008 3:10:48 PM
comp.databases.oracle.misc 8436 articles. 1 followers. Post Follow

On Mar 31, 10:10=A0am, Norbert P=FCrringer <thalio...@graffiti.net> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> is it possible to create an export dump of a scheme in Oracle 10g in
> order to import it into an Oracle 9i database?
>
> Thank you,
> Norbert

Yes, and that's been covered any number of times in this newsgroup, on
the web and in the Oracle documentation.  I suggest you search the
newsgroup archives, learn to use google or visit the documentation
found here:

http://tahiti.oracle.com

David Fitzjarrell
0
fitzjarrell
3/31/2008 3:18:35 PM
On Mon, 31 Mar 2008 08:10:48 -0700 (PDT), Norbert P�rringer
<thalion77@graffiti.net> wrote:

>Hello,
>
>is it possible to create an export dump of a scheme in Oracle 10g in
>order to import it into an Oracle 9i database?
>
>Thank you,
>Norbert

This is a FAQ which should be prevented by searching the Internet.
Usually only people in the Eastern Hemisphere are too lazy to do that,
but I see the virus is spreading.

You need the 9i exp to run against the 10g database.

--
Sybrand Bakker
Senior Oracle DBA