Valid nvram file name

When using the command 'copy running-config startup-config' you are present=
ed with a filename choice.  What format does this have to be in?  Are space=
s or alphanumeric characters allowed?  What file name extension is used?  S=
hould I choose a descriptive name?  When used through the GNS3 simulator th=
is is only going to save the file on the current router which is in the win=
dow correct?  Thanks in advance.
0
williambramirez
3/27/2016 1:29:15 PM
comp.dcom.sys.cisco 25313 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

williambramirez@gmail.com wrote:

> When using the command 'copy running-config startup-config' you are
> presented with a filename choice.  What format does this have to be in?
> Are spaces or alphanumeric characters allowed?  What file name extension
> is used?  Should I choose a descriptive name?  When used through the GNS3
> simulator this is only going to save the file on the current router which
> is in the window correct?  Thanks in advance.

 Don't know about GNS3 but these links should explain Cisco file handling:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/ios/12_2/configfun/configuration/guide/ffun_c/fcf006.html

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/ios/12_2/configfun/configuration/guide/ffun_c/fcf007.html

--
Rgds,