Matlab help

This is a small part of my whole project (Speech/Music
Discrimination). I can wavread all the wave files when the code is in
the current directory.

Using this

file=dir('*.wav');

for i=1:length(file);

    [s, fs]=wavread(file(i).name);

    commands statements etc, in here...

end

The problem is i want to used this code to other folders without
moving it in that directory. For example there are wave files in the
Musicvoice folder I edited the code to something like this to access
the wave files in the Musicvoice.

file=dir('Musicvoice\*.wav');

for i=1:length(file);

    [s, fs]=wavread(file(i).name);

    commands statements etc, in here...

end

It gave me the error below. Please help.

??? Error using ==> wavread
Cannot open file.

Error in ==> extractFeature at 16
    [s, fs]=wavread(file(i).name); %wavread function returns s and
the sampling frequency
0
aris.david (19)
1/25/2007 6:07:12 PM
comp.dsp 20331 articles. 1 followers. allnor (8509) is leader. Post Follow

kingdavid3 wrote:
> This is a small part of my whole project (Speech/Music
> Discrimination). I can wavread all the wave files when the code is in
> the current directory.
>
> Using this
>
> file=dir('*.wav');
>
> for i=1:length(file);
>
>     [s, fs]=wavread(file(i).name);
>
>     commands statements etc, in here...
>
> end
>
> The problem is i want to used this code to other folders without
> moving it in that directory. For example there are wave files in the
> Musicvoice folder I edited the code to something like this to access
> the wave files in the Musicvoice.
>
> file=dir('Musicvoice\*.wav');
>
> for i=1:length(file);
>
>     [s, fs]=wavread(file(i).name);
>
>     commands statements etc, in here...
>
> end
>
> It gave me the error below. Please help.
>
> ??? Error using ==> wavread
> Cannot open file.
>
> Error in ==> extractFeature at 16
>     [s, fs]=wavread(file(i).name); %wavread function returns s and
> the sampling frequency

I don't know for sure but I would guess it's one of two things:

1)  Perhaps Matlab doesn't like the '\' character, maybe it likes '/'
instead.

2)  The '\' character is often used as an escape character (e.g. \n
etc.).  I think if you want to have an actual '\' you might need to type
it as '\\' or something similar.

Hope that helps!

Brad
0
bradgriffis (360)
1/26/2007 4:13:01 AM
Very possibly, the folder Musicvoice is not in the Matlab search path.
Add the directory to Matlab search path (use addpath() if you must)
before running your script and you should be good to go.

kingdavid3 wrote:
> This is a small part of my whole project (Speech/Music
> Discrimination). I can wavread all the wave files when the code is in
> the current directory.
>
> Using this
>
> file=dir('*.wav');
>
> for i=1:length(file);
>
>     [s, fs]=wavread(file(i).name);
>
>     commands statements etc, in here...
>
> end
>
> The problem is i want to used this code to other folders without
> moving it in that directory. For example there are wave files in the
> Musicvoice folder I edited the code to something like this to access
> the wave files in the Musicvoice.
>
> file=dir('Musicvoice\*.wav');
>
> for i=1:length(file);
>
>     [s, fs]=wavread(file(i).name);
>
>     commands statements etc, in here...
>
> end
>
> It gave me the error below. Please help.
>
> ??? Error using ==> wavread
> Cannot open file.
>
> Error in ==> extractFeature at 16
>     [s, fs]=wavread(file(i).name); %wavread function returns s and
> the sampling frequency

0
weechiat (9)
1/26/2007 4:21:18 AM
kingdavid3 wrote:

> file=dir('Musicvoice\*.wav');
>
> for i=1:length(file);
>     % (1)
>     [s, fs]=wavread(file(i).name);
>
>     commands statements etc, in here...
>
> end
>
> It gave me the error below. Please help.
>
> ??? Error using ==> wavread
> Cannot open file.
>
> Error in ==> extractFeature at 16
>     [s, fs]=wavread(file(i).name); %wavread function returns s and
> the sampling frequency

What says disp(file(i).name) at this (1) place? Maybe the folder name
Musicvoice isn't included in the file name array.

Thomas
--
Jabber-ID: glglgl@amessage.info (keine Email-Adresse!)
Warum Jabber, was ist das und wie geht das?

I used this

mydir='Musicvoice\';

file=dir([mydir '*.wav']);

for i=1:length(file);

    [s, fs]=wavread([mydir file(i).name]);

    do something in here...............
end

0
aris.david (19)

help matlab help
how to automatical digitise profile to generate a vector model of the profile and how to use the digitised profile to sweep generate a graphical three dimensional model of the picture please give me some example ...........thanks very much..... ...

help!help!help!help!
I am a student.I am going to make a simulation of a robot (FANUC Robot M-16iB) under the matlab\simulink environment . It is a normal 6DOF robot.I want to realize any angle and any speed (under the max speed) and any position and orientation control. As I just starting to do this new field,I have no experience about it. Can you give me some simulation demo or examples for 6DOF robot? I am very eager to get these.Please write back to me as soon as possible,thank you! Sincerely, Connie        zhanglijuan920@sohu.c...

Help Help Help
Hello, I am a reluctant user of the website ntsearch.com. I accidentally download a Java program called "dict" from an ebook website to my XP and now every English words that I read from my computer has got a link with your web. I found it very frustrating when I noticed all the chinese characters I read from the web now become loads of question marks. I think it has a link with the program that I accidentally downloaded from that ebook website. How can I remove the so called "dict" program and other Java Scripts from my computer? This is very urgent and please answer my question as soon as you can. Thanks for your help. Regina Pun Jerry Arzin wrote: > This is very urgent and please answer my question as soon as you can. Sure we'll stop everything and start right away. Do you want coffee as well? Our rates start at $180 per hour. gtoomey Gregory Toomey wrote: > Jerry Arzin wrote: > >> This is very urgent and please answer my question as soon as you can. > > Sure we'll stop everything and start right away. > Do you want coffee as well? > > Our rates start at $180 per hour. > > gtoomey Hey, I'll drop everything and make fun of him for only $50 per hour! Dave Gregory Toomey <nospam@bigpond.com> wrote in message news:<1154023.VsbNXCQAxi@GMT-hosting-and-pickle-farming>... > Jerry Arzin wrote: > > > This is very urgent and please answer my question as soon as you can. >...

HELP! HELP! HELP!
We are currently running R83 v3.1m (33 user) on an old 200 Mhz Pentium with 16Mb Mem and 2.x gif HD (the actual partition is smaller) We have run this for a number of years without ANY significant problems. Last week (just as my family was in the middle of "the move from Hell") the system decides to take a major dump. A bad link of some sort in the ABS area. THEN - the systems disks have disappeared. After much screaming and gnashing of teeth I got the system running again. OH! did I mention that the previous evenings file save tape was bad? Anyhow, the bottom line is that I REALLY need a set of 33 user 3.1m disks. Any Ideas/Help? I do have a 25 user version of r83 v3.1 (no 'm') with a monolith loader diskette (5.25) but it doesn't seem to hook up with the PICK diskettes (just keeps rebooting) If I can get a sister machine running with the 25 user - does anyone have any trick to bump it to 33 user. There must be just a byte or 2 in the ABS area that regulates # of users. Again - Help! Help! Help! Van PS: The reason we haven't upgraded is that I am using a 4GL called Envision that was written a long time ago and about half of it was done in assembler and won't run on any of the later version of PICK. I've been meaning to re-write it in Basic but it's a pretty daunting project. I'd get busy rewriting the software if I were you. If anyone actually has the disks, there's ...

Help! Help! Help!
My daughter has a Dell 2300 that is coincidentally 1 month past the warranty. It will start up and shut off within 1 minute. It doesn't matter if I boot from hard drive, floppy, go into safe mode, or go to setup screen. I don't know how to try to isolate the problem. (Mother board, power supply etc.) Any suggestions? sogs wrote: > My daughter has a Dell 2300 that is coincidentally 1 month past the > warranty. It will start up and shut off within 1 minute. It doesn't > matter if I boot from hard drive, floppy, go into safe mode, or go to > setup screen....

help help help
I need to refresh my C knowledge quickly. I will be reading code for simple industrial type controls like motor controllers, valve drivers, etc This software is pretty simple, 3000 lines max. The executable is embedded in flash on the processor chip. Actually I haven't seen it yet. I haven't looked at C or done any programming in ages. I'm looking for a simple programming suite that will run on my WinXP (NTFS) computer. Something that doesn't take really long to get up to speed with. Simple is better. I just need to practice and remember and do some simple experi...

HELP-HELP-HELP!!!!!!!!!!
On this site par example: http://communications.siemens.com/cds/frontdoor/0,2241,nl_nl_0_27443_rArNrNrNrN,00.html u have a 3d animation, like many other sites...but if i want to see this a new window opens and i see a icon with ared cross in it. also on sites with games i see this... What is my problem? I have winXP-Pro firewall is out and sec. is on low..... twan1@home.nl (Twan) writes: > On this site par example: > http://communications.siemens.com/cds/frontdoor/0,2241,nl_nl_0_27443_rArNrNrNrN,00.html > u have a 3d animation, like many other sites...but if i want to...

Help!! Help!! Help!!
I wish to vectorize the following code: s = tf('s'); W = logspace(-1,2,50); COMBINATION = combn(W, 2); K = cell(length(COMBINATION), 1); K0 = 1 + (1/(2*s)) + 0.5*s/(0.2*s + 1); % PID controller to be approximated as PI gapValue = zeros(length(COMBINATION), 1); for i = 1:length(COMBINATION) K{i} = (COMBINATION(i,1)*(1 + (1/(COMBINATION(i,2)*s)))); % PI controller end for i = 1:length(COMBINATION) gapValue(i,1) = gapmetric(K0, K{i}); end where K0 is the Nominal transfer function and K is a cell array including transfer functions whose gap metric from K0 are...

Help, Help, Help
As you can probably gather im in need of help. I started a basic JAVA course a week ago as it seems like a very interesting subject. The problem in having is with the IDE we have been asked to use. We are using JCreator, but in order for it to work, we are required to install the Java software development kit and a class library which comes with the course book called avi with is a audio visual interface library which is supposed to make it easier for us to learn the fundimentals of JAVA without having to worry about the input/output. Anyways, I have installed the JAVA SDK from SUN website and instaled the JCreator IDE but it seems to have a problem finding the avi class library as when i run a basic "Hello World" program as a test, the following error occurs when i compile the program: bad class file: C:\JavaClasses\Window.class class file contains wrong class: avi.Window Please remove or make sure it appears in the correct subdirectory of the classpath. Window screen = new Window("example1.java","bold","red",72); ^ 1 error Process completed. We where told to create a directory called JavaClass on the root directory and set the classpath to it. The other problem is the book tells you how to set the classpath for the SDK and the avi class library for windows 98 but im running XP so have kind of guessed on how to set the class path. Anyone got any ideas as i'm itching to jump into programming in JAVA but cant unt...

help! help!! help!!!
x=[0 1 10] p=[100 80] how can I get A A=[3x(1) 2x(1) x(1) 1 0 0 0 0; 2x(1) x(1) 1 0 0 0 0 0; 3x(2) 2x(2) x(2) 1 -3x(2) -2x(2) -x(2) -1; 2x(2) x(2) 1 0 -2x(2) -x(2) -1 0; p(1)x(1) p(1) 0 0 -p(2)x(2) -p(2) 0 0; p(1) 0 0 0 -p(2) 0 0 0; 0 0 0 0 -p(2)x(3) -p(2) 0 0; 0 0 0 0 -p(3) 0 0 0; ] In article <fkus3t$11h$1@fred.mathworks.com>, Jim lei <redlightlike@mathworks.com> wrote: >x=[0 1 10] >p=[100 80] >how can I get ...

HELP HELP HELP
Hello everyone, I am a freshmen at a computer university and also new to C++ . I havent used C before either but been through PASCAL and GW-BASIC. Can someone please tell me the link to download the C++ compiler which can run on my Windows XP Professional Edition. Thanks. ByE. Yours forever in Digital Paradise uSmAn could have typed what u wanted in google. "Usman" <game_pk@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:buobgo$kaacm$1@ID-217624.news.uni-berlin.de... > Hello everyone, > I am a freshmen at a computer university and also new to C++ . I havent used > C before either but been through PASCAL and GW-BASIC. Can someone > please tell me the link to download the C++ compiler which can run on my > Windows XP Professional Edition. Thanks. ByE. > > Yours forever in Digital Paradise > uSmAn > > "Usman" <game_pk@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:buobgo$kaacm$1@ID-217624.news.uni-berlin.de... > Hello everyone, > I am a freshmen at a computer university and also new to C++ . I havent used > C before either but been through PASCAL and GW-BASIC. Can someone > please tell me the link to download the C++ compiler which can run on my > Windows XP Professional Edition. Thanks. ByE. > > Yours forever in Digital Paradise > uSmAn > > search in google for "bloodshed dev-cpp" Allan p.s. this is off-topic for this group, check out the FAQ if in doubt On Thu, 22 Jan 2004 16:18:10 +0500...

DSP: basic signal detection in Matlab (help!) :)
Hi, I'm trying to write my first signal detection algorithm in Matlab... but it's been several years since I've done any DSP... so it's slow going. if anyone has a little free-time, can you look at this and see if you can spot what I'm doing wrong? the data files can be acquired here: http://www.podoboq.com/podoboq/basic_detect.zip the two examples are simple (Class 1 - everything known a priori) versions of what I am trying to do. Unfortunately, I only have 299 data points to work with, and a sampling rate of 1Hz (Nyquist == 0.5Hz). I am using a Wiener estimation filt...

HELP! HELP! HELP
I hope someone out there can solve my mysterious problem. I have tried everything imaginable, even paid $35 to Microsoft to help me, but they were not able to figure out this problem: Here is the problem: I recently created a new database in Access 2002. I took data from an > access 97 database converted one of the tables to access 2002 and then > imported it into a new table in access 2002. but for some strange > reason, every once in a while the data changes to Japanese characters, > it only happens once in a while, but once it happens that record is > lost. i have tried everything compacting, importing to a new > database, new table...What is causing this strange behavior? Anyone help would be greatly appreciated.... Mitchell, mithomas@boh.com (Mitchell Thomas) wrote: A more meaningful subject would help a lot with getting meaningful answers. Such as Japanese characters in record occasionally. >I hope someone out there can solve my mysterious problem. I have >tried everything imaginable, even paid $35 to Microsoft to help me, >but they were not able to figure out this problem: Eh? I would've thought MS would charge a lot more. >I recently created a new database in Access 2002. I took data from an >> access 97 database converted one of the tables to access 2002 and then >> imported it into a new table in access 2002. but for some strange >> reason, every once in a while the data changes to Japanese cha...

Help with Matlab Simulink DSP with a C6711 DSK Board
We are working on trying to upload an image to a Texas Instruments C6711 DSK board connected to CCStudio, using simulink and matlab. Is there any easy way that this can be done? If anybody can recommend a book or anything that would be worth reading to help us be able to perform this, it would be very helpful. Thank you for your time. ...

how could i use the matlab help without running matlab?
sometimes i just want to see some content of the help files and not intend to use matlab itself but as we know i must start matlab software first, then open the help product can i simply open the help document without running matlab? thanks! "fangfines " <fangfines@qq.com> wrote in message <i67kgh$qcr$1@fred.mathworks.com>... > sometimes i just want to see some content of the help files and not intend to use matlab itself > > but as we know i must start matlab software first, then open the help product > > can i simply open the help document without running matlab? > > thanks! Hi, The MATLAB help for the current release (R2010b) is available over the web. Choose a product such as the Signal Processing Toolbox. http://www.mathworks.com/products/signal/ and then under Support and Training, select the documentation. http://www.mathworks.com/help/toolbox/signal/index.html Wayne "Wayne King" <wmkingty@gmail.com> wrote in message <i67rfa$3bl$1@fred.mathworks.com>... > "fangfines " <fangfines@qq.com> wrote in message <i67kgh$qcr$1@fred.mathworks.com>... > > sometimes i just want to see some content of the help files and not intend to use matlab itself > > > > but as we know i must start matlab software first, then open the help product > > > > can i simply open the help document without running matlab? > > > > thanks! > > H...

Urgent help needed in matlab!! please help!!!
i have a matrix which has 16 columns and varying number of rows.. i need to replace the elements ranging from -50 to 50 with zero and the rest should remain the same.. i have coded for a single element search and replace which is [m, n] = size(Data); for i = 1: m if ( Data(i) == 1 ) Data(i) = 0; end end but how do i do it for a range of -50 to 50 instead of a 1 in my code.. could anyone help me out.. also please suggest me if there are any matlab function which does this with out the use of the for loops... Regards, Mohan i have a matrix which has 16 columns and...

writing a help file that looks like matlab help
I am writing a software package in Matlab, and I would like my m-files to be documented in a way that is similar to the matlab files, including the "syntax", "description", and "see also" parts. I also want the command line to show the different syntax options available while typing in the function. Can I do these things using only the m-file, or do I need to add some other xml or html files? On Apr 14, 11:18=A0am, "Yishai " <yishai.shim...@mssm.edu> wrote: > I am writing a software package in Matlab, and I would like my m-files to= be docume...

urgent help needed: serial transmission from matlab to matlab
hi. really need help. i've to transmit an image serially between two computers using matlab on both transmitting and receiving ends. i've encoded the image into binary. been facing problems with the transmission when i used the command fprintf. when i executed that, i got a warning saying timeout occurred before terminator was reached. plus the receiving matlab hangs. i was told to save the binary packet into m-files then transmit the file over. how do i do that? is there a command to save and retrieve binary packets into and from m-files? i really need to get this done asap.thank you....

Need help for a matlab mini project

Engr 151 Matlab Lab Help**Paypal For Help**
Hi guys, I have 2 labs due for a beginners matlab course.. I am a senior and just need to pass this course. (I switched from ECET to ECE which is why I am taking a 151 class as a senior). Anyway I have an Electromagnetics and an engineering probability test tomorrow so I do not have the time to spend on these labs. I will paypal 8$ each to anyone that helps me with these labs. I would like you to complete the lab and put it notes for the more complex parts of the code so I can review these labs later and tell exactly what you did and why. lab 6--Due First http://pdfcast.org/pdf/lab6-1 http://pdfcast.org/pdf/sasad Thank You "Dan " <danpiz23@hotmail.com> wrote in message <khqe4p$gfm$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>... > Hi guys, I have 2 labs due for a beginners matlab course.. I am a senior and just need to pass this course. (I switched from ECET to ECE which is why I am taking a 151 class as a senior). Anyway I have an Electromagnetics and an engineering probability test tomorrow so I do not have the time to spend on these labs. > > I will paypal 8$ each to anyone that helps me with these labs. I would like you to complete the lab and put it notes for the more complex parts of the code so I can review these labs later and tell exactly what you did and why. > > lab 6--Due First > http://pdfcast.org/pdf/lab6-1 > http://pdfcast.org/pdf/sasad > > Thank You $8 bucks. You're kidding, right. On Sun, 2...

Help Help Help #2
Hello friends, We are using a clipper based application since last 10 years and is working on windows 2000 pc's. Now we wanted to upgrade to win XP or Vista and the clipper application does not work. Please reply me as how to run the applicaion on the latest verions of windows. Also we would like to convert up application to GUI based applicaiton with the same clippper based code. Look forward to your valuable replies. Regards, Kiran Babu K Kiran Define - 'does not work' Error numbers/codes/messages?? Have you started it from a DOS window (command line) to see if it reports any error messages to screen?? What versions - Clipper/Linker etc... What graphic libraries (if any) are you using?? Are the XP/Vista machines the same ones as the W2K machines (just upgraded the OS) or entirely new ones. Are you using the same path structure?? -- CYA Steve "Kiran" <reachkkb@gmail.com> wrote in message news:ee0503ec-3bbe-4e6b-a65f-12e0fc59126c@k2g2000hse.googlegroups.com... > Hello friends, > > We are using a clipper based application since last 10 years and is > working on windows 2000 pc's. Now we wanted to upgrade to win XP or > Vista and the clipper application does not work. Please reply me as > how to run the applicaion on the latest verions of windows. > > Also we would like to convert up application to GUI based applicaiton > with the same clippper based code. > > Look forward to your valuable replie...

HELP HELP PLEASE HELP
i have written a slighly bastardized version of the class web page which is given as an example of how to use the html tokenizer. What I've written is: def parse(host) dict = { } @body= host.getHTML() if !@body return end theTags = ['select','input'] for x in theTags do tokenizer = HTMLTokenizer.new(@body) while tag = tokenizer.getTag(x) name = tag.attr_hash['name'] type = tag.attr_hash['type'] if name != nil then dict[type]=name ...

help! help!! help!!! me #2
if d^4y/dx^4+d^2y/dx^2=0 y(0)=0,d^y(0)=0,d^2y(15)=100,d^3y(15)=80 how can I get y "Jim lei" <redlightlike@mathworks.com> wrote in message <fluj43$ii8$1@fred.mathworks.com>... > if d^4y/dx^4+d^2y/dx^2=0 > y(0)=0,d^y(0)=0,d^2y(15)=100,d^3y(15)=80 > > how can I get y You don't say at what value of x you wish to know y. So I'll assume that you need y at x = 0. y = 0 HTH, John (By the way, you might get better responses if you used a descriptive subject line.) On Jan 7, 8:20=A0pm, "Jim lei" <redlightl...@mathworks.com> wrote: > ...

Re: HELP HELP HELP!!!
Hi Elena and everyone requesting help, Everyone on SAS-L either requests or provides help, so a subject line like HELP is completely meaningless. And so is a subject like SIMPLE NEWBIE QUESTION; first of all a newbie would not be able to decide the question to be simple (and whether a question or problem is simple or not does not matter at all), secondly questions are mostly posed by newbies (and being a newbie does not help getting a question answered more quickly) and thirdly it concerns questions which are being asked (that is trivial, but which question?). Other examples of nonsense subje...

Help in matlab
Hi, I am a beginner of using matlab. I am now doing a project about cancer detection in matlab. I've got 120 samples which have classified as tumor or normal cells from patients. For each sample, there is 19200 parameters which are gene information of the cell. My objective is to find the best combination of parameters to classify the sample whether it is tumor or normal. Can anyone teach me how to do this? thanks very much cyly <ynlee519@hotmail.com> wrote in message <430718512.15579.1277718307555.JavaMail.root@gallium.mathforum.org>... > Hi, I am a beginner of usin...

Web resources about - Matlab help - comp.dsp

Undocumented Matlab
Undocumented, unsupported and hidden features in Matlab

Matlab Upazila - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
... 23°21′N 90°42.5′E  /  23.35°N 90.7083°E  / 23.35; 90.7083 Coordinates : 23°21′N 90°42.5′E  /  23.35°N 90.7083°E  / 23.35; 90.7083 Matlab ...

Open Directory - Science: Math: Software: MATLAB
The MathWorks - Developers of MATLAB, Simulink and Stateflow. Offers products for data analysis, visualization, application development, simulation, ...

MATLAB Mobile on the App Store
Read reviews, compare customer ratings, see screenshots, and learn more about MATLAB Mobile. Download MATLAB Mobile and enjoy it on your iPhone, ...

The Smart Emergency Response System Using MATLAB and Simulink - YouTube
In the aftermath of an earthquake, every second counts for disaster victims. Imagine a system that can locate people quickly and help first responders ...

The A-Z of Programming Languages: MATLAB
What prompted the development of MATLAB?

Matlab: Invalid .NET Framework. Either the specified framework was not found or is not currently supported ...
If you are trying to compile Matlab into .Net framework, you might encounter this message, even though you have the .Net framework installed ...

Matlab edges closer to electronic design automation world
Matlab, one of the world's most widely used products for algorithmic development, has long occupied its own niche far removed from EDA and hardware ...

Can I/How do I use DMTCP with a parallel pool of MATLAB workers? · Issue #223 · dmtcp/dmtcp · GitHub
dmtcp - DMTCP: Distributed MultiThreaded CheckPointing matlab -nodisplay -r "parpool('local',4); parfor i=1:10, pause(1); fprintf('%i ',i); end; ...

Using MATLAB and SDR to Reverse Engineer 433MHz Messages
... so he focused on studying the methodology and the tools available for analyzing 433MHz RF transmission. He describes the process of using MATLAB ...