Cartier Font?

Hello everybody,

does anyone here know if there is a complete script font
which was used for the Cartier Logo?
http://www.brandsoftheworld.com/search/?action=1&text=cartier

thanks for any hints,

Marc

0
Marc
8/1/2005 7:29:07 AM
comp.fonts 4623 articles. 2 followers. margulisd (51) is leader. Post Follow

Marc Goldhagen wrote:

> Hello everybody,
>
> does anyone here know if there is a complete script font
> which was used for the Cartier Logo?
> http://www.brandsoftheworld.com/search/?action=1&text=cartier
>
> thanks for any hints,
>
> Marc

I'm going to take a wild guess here and say that the likely answer is
No, but there are undoubtedly script fonts that are close enough for all
practical purposes.

The reason I think that there would not have been a font created (at
least a Cartier-authorized one) is historical. Cartier, like Tiffany &
Co., has long been heavily involved in the wedding business; and one of
the services they offered for a great many years (still do AFAIK) is the
creation of engraved formal invitations. These were (still are?)
produced by a craftsperson who hand-engraves the text of the invitation
on a copper plate, which is, in turn, used to produce the actual
invitations. It may be that these days the engraving is done All Things
Remembered-style on automated equipment or else using the slightly older
pantograph technology. But I believe that as late as, say, the 1960s,
the work was still being done by hand, with a steel graver cutting copper.

Given this background, it is almost certain that the Cartier logo was
initially produced by one of their master engravers and was not produced
as a font.
0
Dick

Fonts and/or Font Book
Is there a way to "resolve duplicates" on a machine wide or disk wide or even folder basis rather than on a particular font folder one? -- dorayme In article <doraymeRidThis-9B2294.10351702052007@news-vip.optusnet.com.au>, dorayme <doraymeRidThis@optusnet.com.au> wrote: > Is there a way to "resolve duplicates" on a machine wide or disk > wide or even folder basis rather than on a particular font folder > one? FontDoctor X -- I am extraordinarily patient, provided I get my own way in the end. - Margaret Thatcher In article <01052007194430...

Font and Font CE
In many programs, installed fonts are appearing twice in the font menu, once as "font" and once as "font CE". What's the story behind this? (OS 10.2.8) Stefan In article <bp8jas$300$1@newshispeed.ch>, Stefan <stefan@mus._INVALID_.ch> wrote: > In many programs, installed fonts are appearing twice in the font menu, > once as "font" and once as "font CE". What's the story behind this? (OS > 10.2.8) You've enabled something about Central European input (perhaps a Polish or Estonian keyboard). The CE fonts are the o...

help with font error: "Could not find/open font when opening font arial, using internal non-scalable font"
Hello, I have installed gnuplot on our cluster, and am seeing the above message when I try to run the following script. Can someone please educate me? :-) Thanks! set term png set output '| display png:-' # cool trick plot sin(x) with lines Setting the term font does not help: set term png font arial 14 size 800,600 Also, according to https://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgroups#!topic/opentsdb/iVXcPyy5e9I, I should be able to use the liberation fonts, which I have found in usr/share/fonts/liberation rcook@rzgpu2 (gnuplot): ls /usr/share/fonts/liberation Liberatio...

Japanese fonts / font-conversion / saving Fonts in certain formats (on mac)
Hello, I today found out how to use input of japanese symbols on the Mac OS-X. It's nice and easy, but the TextEditor does not save in formats I'm looking for. Useful would be either UTF-8, or (what I'm looking for especially) SJS. The latter is a format that is used in Japan and pTeX also can read SJS-encoded japanese fonts. pTeX is a certain TeX-variant, that is used especially in japan. What I'm looking for is a program that either can be used to select japanese fonts from amenue and/or keyboard an save them in different font formats, or a program that can convert from on...

WVW Hello world with 2 fonts or 2 font sizes of same font
could anyone write a small Hello World using more then 1 font or more sizes then one. I cant figure this one out. Thanks Yon ...

using font generator setvar(font groups, new font name)
I'm trying to determine if you have to create a font for each version and size of the font being used. Ie. Do I have to create seperate fonts for: Courier New, Bold, size 8 and Courier New, italics, size 8 or can I just create one for Courier New size 8 and it recognize it? Any help is much appreciated. Thank you. -Halina ...

/etc/fonts/fonts.conf
What exactly do I need to add to fonts.conf after I added ProggyClean.afm to /usr/share/fonts/default (I converted ttf to afm using ttf2afm) Thanks Yakov "Yakov Lerner" <iler.ml@gmail.com> writes: > What exactly do I need to add to fonts.conf after I added > ProggyClean.afm to /usr/share/fonts/default (I converted ttf to afm > using ttf2afm) You don't need to add anything. Just run fc-cache. This really has nothing to do with X. If you want to make X aware of your new font, you should run mkfontscale and mkfontdir in that directory. -- M�n...

Converting fonts back to fonts?
Have a one page PDF document containing just a small amount of text -- but file size is 900 kB instead of say 20 or 30 kB. Opening it in Illustrator and selecting any one character in the text causes the Type palette to indicate that each such character is Helvetica Neue, Regular, 14 pt -- but looking more closely at the character itself seems to show that each character in the text has been, for some reason, converted into a separate and complex vector object. And, pulling down the Type >> Find Fonts menu command seems to show that the document contains _no_ fonts at all (in eit...

organize fonts in font menu
What program can you organize Windows fonts by styles instead of in alphabeticorder when accessing font from a program such as Photoshop or Illustrator? I remember the old days in Mac that I can put different fonts in different folders and they would be grouped together (maybe with suitcase or just the OS). Is there something similar on Windows? It's really time consuming when searching for a font from a long list. Thanks for any info! > What program can you organize Windows fonts by styles instead of in > alphabeticorder when accessing font from a program such as Photoshop > o...

Emerald fonts
Hi there, I've installed the Emerald fonts [1] from CTAN, and have got them working on my system. An example such as the LaTeX Font catalogue's text example [2] works perfectly, but I can't work out for the life of me how to resize the font. I'm using this in the context of: \documentclass{article} \usepackage{emerald} \fontfamily{cmss}\fontsize{12pt}{13pt}\selectfont Here's the body of my text {\ECFAugie Some notes in the magin} Body text continues... \end{document} I wish to use cmss as my default font and Augie enclosed in a group only for short notes. ...

TrueType font to Opentype font
Hello All, I am a newbie. I have some TrueType fonts that I want to convert to Opentype fonts. Perhaps using some font editor. Where do I start? What software to use? thanks a lot for your help Mashrur In article <58e0b197.0403010934.332d57da@posting.google.com>, Mashrur Mia <mia@cs.concordia.ca> wrote: > I have some TrueType fonts that I want to convert to Opentype fonts. > Perhaps using some font editor. > > Where do I start? What software to use? First of all you should read the OpenType specifications that you can find either in the Microsoft or the Adobe si...

What are nil2 fonts and cursor fonts
Hi, When I run Xterm I get a message saying that it cannot convert nil2 fonts to fontstructure. What are nil2 fonts ?. I see it in Xterm.ad. Also another related question is what is cursor fonts ?. Thanks for your help. Regards Kanchan ["Followup-To:" header set to comp.os.linux.x.] On 18 Jun 2005 18:35:14 -0700, v_kanchan@yahoo.com staggered into the Black Sun and said: > When I run Xterm I get a message saying that it cannot convert nil2 > fonts to fontstructure. What are nil2 fonts ?. I see it in Xterm.ad. In "man xterm" , the Resources s...

Large fonts
I have a Thinkpad A22p running WinXP, which has a resolution of 1600 x 1200 on the native LCD. Normal fonts are too hard (for me) to read at that resolution, so I use large fonts (120 dpi). But that's on the native LCD. The rest of the time, I have it docked and attached to a 19" monitor running at 1280 x 1024, and at that resolution I prefer normal fonts. It's somewhat of a pain every time I switch configurations to have to change the DPI settings and reboot. Is there a way to tell WinXP to "Use Large Fonts when you're on the native LCD, Normal Fonts when you're...

AutoCAD fonts from Windows/Fonts???
Why does AutoCAD get fonts from Windows\Fonts or WinNT\Fonts when it isn't in my support path? I am using AutoCAD 2006 Land Desktop and in options > Files > Support path Windows\Fonts isn't there and yet the fonts show up, are the fonts set up elsewhere? Thanks for your help, NZ The Windows/Fonts directory is a standard windows thing. You'll find font information in the windows registry, in: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/Software/Microsoft/Windows NT/CurrentVersion/Fonts Henrik Vallgren www.streamspace.com nzahedi@gmail.com wrote: > Why does AutoCAD get font...

AWT font != Swing Font
I have discovered that Swing fonts with the same name and size displayed in a JTextArea will show more characters than AWT will in a TextArea. What gives? Here are the currency characters where the effect is most obvious: + "\u0020 " + "\u00a3 " + "\u00a4 " + "\u00a5 " + "\u0e3f " + "\u17db " + "\u20a1 " + "\u20a2 " + "\u20a3 " + "\u20a4 " + "\u20a6 " + "\u20a8 " + &qu...

Web resources about - Cartier Font? - comp.fonts

Edd Cartier - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(1914 – December 25, 2008), known professionally as Edd Cartier , was an American pulp magazine illustrator who specialized in science fiction ...

Cartier Martin (@CartierMartin) on Twitter

Cartier Bridal on the App Store on iTunes
Get Cartier Bridal on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Macdonald-Cartier Bridge
~ Explore highest position : #38 on 2009-10-28 ~ View Large On Black :) Wow! Finally, I get my ass off and took my camera for few nights shots. ...

YouTube - 2011 Cartier Make Your Move: David Karp, "My dad bought Html for Dummies for me when I was ...
Hochgeladen am 03.11.2011 Powered by Cartier's first in-house automatic movement, the Calibre de Cartier was born of passion, determination, ...

Prada and Cartier lose shine in $9.2b hit to luxury brands
... value of the top 10 luxury-goods brands fell 6 per cent, or $US7.1 billion, to $US105 billion ($136 billion) as companies from Prada to Cartier ...

Grace Kelly - Mad Men - Cartier - Rodeo Drive Walk of Style Awards
From the red carpet to TV's Mad Men, Grace Kelly's timeless elegance continues to inspire designers and stylists.

The Cartier Panther: wild, majestic and mystical - Vogue Australia
Explore one of Cartier’s signature collections, the Panthere, and its powerful meanings.

Marcello de Cartier Satchel肩背包生活课堂的最佳伴侣 - 品牌箱包 - 世界品牌_中国经济网
Marcello de Cartier Satchel肩背包以尊贵的材质、皮革衬里、饰钉搭扣、细致的针迹和灵巧的简约风,成为独树一帜的生活课堂的最佳伴侣。

Henri Cartier-Bresson黑白摄影作品
... 设计 创意 网站 其他 黑白 - 摄影 - 色彩 - 人物 - 风景 - 老照片 - 视频 - 插画 - 趣味 - 变态 - 科学与艺术 - 微博精选 - 性感 - 建筑 - 时尚 - 繁复 - 动物 - 奇幻 - Flickr PADMAG精选 首页 > > Henri Cartier-Bresson黑白摄影作品 ...