Frame Buffers and glDrawBuffers

Hello

I have been having trouble with a frame buffer and just receiving static(as=
 in noise) images back on the screen. There is no feed back loop. What happ=
ens if you call GlDrawbuffers and give it two attachments, lets call them A=
 and B and you only write too A. Will this effect attachment B ? From the c=
ode i only get a static image at the final stage and this is the situation =
with the buffers a the final stage.

Thanks.
0
Alex
11/9/2015 2:31:03 PM
comp.graphics.api.opengl 7074 articles. 1 followers. Post Follow

On Mon, 09 Nov 2015 06:31:03 -0800, Alex Taylor wrote:

> I have been having trouble with a frame buffer and just receiving
> static(as in noise) images back on the screen. There is no feed back loop.
> What happens if you call GlDrawbuffers and give it two attachments, lets
> call them A and B and you only write too A. Will this effect attachment B
> ? From the code i only get a static image at the final stage and this is
> the situation with the buffers a the final stage.

When a fragment shader's main() function completes (other than by
execution of a "discard" statement), the value of each "out" variable is
written to the corresponding pixel of the associated colour buffer.

If an "out" variable isn't assigned to, its value will be undefined, but
it will still be written to the colour buffer.

IOW, either none of the buffers will be updated (if you "discard" the
fragment), or all of them will.

0
Nobody