how to disable warning in Maya?

Hi!
I keep getting the following waning in my script editor:
"Cycle on 'pCube1.translateX' may not evaluate as expected.  (Use
'cycleCheck -e off' to disable this warning.)"
I have been trying to disable the warning, can anyone help?

RC

0
Rita
11/16/2003 12:46:49 PM
comp.graphics.apps.alias 818 articles. 0 followers. temp13 (4) is leader. Post Follow

Ummm....what's wrong with using 'cycleCheck -e off' as suggested?

> Hi!
> I keep getting the following waning in my script editor:
> "Cycle on 'pCube1.translateX' may not evaluate as expected.  (Use
> 'cycleCheck -e off' to disable this warning.)"
> I have been trying to disable the warning, can anyone help?
>
> RC

0
Sal
11/17/2003 8:07:58 AM
Hi Sal,
I have tried to use the "cycleCheck-e off" as
suggested but it didn't work. Maybe is the way I wrote it on the script
editor, any suggestion?
Thanks
RC
"Sal" <vinnie_vidivici@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Ummm....what's wrong with using 'cycleCheck -e off' as suggested?
>

> > Hi!
> > I keep getting the following waning in my script editor:
> > "Cycle on 'pCube1.translateX' may not evaluate as expected.  (Use
> > 'cycleCheck -e off' to disable this warning.)"
> > I have been trying to disable the warning, can anyone help?
> >
> > RC

0
Lazy
11/17/2003 9:34:44 AM
you should type exactly:

cycleCheck - e off;

in the script editor followed by CTRL+ENTER.

What exactly are you trying to do that gives you this warning? Often
Maya will give a warning but still do what you want it to do. The
warning is certainly annoying, but not prohibitive.

  Short of editing the .mel code for the cycleCheck proc, I don't think
there's anything you can do about it (assuming that cycleCheck -e off;
really doesn't help).

Lazy wrote:
> Hi Sal,
> I have tried to use the "cycleCheck-e off" as
> suggested but it didn't work. Maybe is the way I wrote it on the script
> editor, any suggestion?
> Thanks
> RC
> "Sal" <vinnie_vidivici@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>
>>Ummm....what's wrong with using 'cycleCheck -e off' as suggested?
>>

>>>Hi!
>>>I keep getting the following waning in my script editor:
>>>"Cycle on 'pCube1.translateX' may not evaluate as expected.  (Use
>>>'cycleCheck -e off' to disable this warning.)"
>>>I have been trying to disable the warning, can anyone help?
>>>
>>>RC

0
Sal
11/17/2003 10:28:00 AM
I am using "create animation snapshot" and "create animated sweep" to create
a roller coaster, and the warnings just keep coming up every time I open the
file. Thank you for your suggestions anyway!
just one more thing, do you know how to open maya5's work in maya 4.5?

> you should type exactly:
>
> cycleCheck - e off;
>
> in the script editor followed by CTRL+ENTER.
>
> What exactly are you trying to do that gives you this warning? Often
> Maya will give a warning but still do what you want it to do. The
> warning is certainly annoying, but not prohibitive.
>
>   Short of editing the .mel code for the cycleCheck proc, I don't think
> there's anything you can do about it (assuming that cycleCheck -e off;
> really doesn't help).
>
> Lazy wrote:
> > Hi Sal,
> > I have tried to use the "cycleCheck-e off" as
> > suggested but it didn't work. Maybe is the way I wrote it on the script
> > editor, any suggestion?
> > Thanks
> > RC
> > "Sal" <vinnie_vidivici@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> >
> >>Ummm....what's wrong with using 'cycleCheck -e off' as suggested?

0
Lazy
11/17/2003 12:45:56 PM
I see, if it's a startup warning then entering a command at the prompt
will be after the fact. I occasionally have that problem with scenes
starting up and even my instructors have told me to just ignore it if
it's working.

As for Maya 5.0 scenes, unfortunately, Maya is not backwards compatible
so you cannot open Maya 5.0 scenes in Maya 4.5. Frustrating isn't it?

There *may* be a plugin that allows you to export a scene from 5.0 as a
..obj file (Maya on Win or Mac may have this built in, I'm using maya on
Linux and it doesn't) which you could then import into 4.5. However,
..obj is really only good for geometry and I don't think it would work if
you're trying to export an animated scene.

> I am using "create animation snapshot" and "create animated sweep" to create
> a roller coaster, and the warnings just keep coming up every time I open the
> file. Thank you for your suggestions anyway!
> just one more thing, do you know how to open maya5's work in maya 4.5?
>
> RC
> "Sal" <vinnie_vidivici@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>
>>you should type exactly:
>>
>>cycleCheck - e off;
>>
>>in the script editor followed by CTRL+ENTER.
>>
>>What exactly are you trying to do that gives you this warning? Often
>>Maya will give a warning but still do what you want it to do. The
>>warning is certainly annoying, but not prohibitive.
>>
>>  Short of editing the .mel code for the cycleCheck proc, I don't think
>>there's anything you can do about it (assuming that cycleCheck -e off;
>>really doesn't help).
>>
>>Lazy wrote:
>>
>>>Hi Sal,
>>>I have tried to use the "cycleCheck-e off" as
>>>suggested but it didn't work. Maybe is the way I wrote it on the script
>>>editor, any suggestion?
>>>Thanks
>>>RC
>>>"Sal" <vinnie_vidivici@yahoo.com> wrote in message

0
Sal
11/17/2003 9:37:39 PM

Lazy wrote:
> just one more thing, do you know how to open maya5's work in maya 4.5?

What about saving in ascii format (ma) and open the file with a Notepad
and change version in the 1st line? If you didn't use any version 5
feature it should work.

I.

0
Insetto
11/20/2003 10:49:14 AM
Thank you for your suggestion. However,I have tried to do what you said for
several time with different Maya5 files and none of them work! Morover, the
output window said "Maya binary file parse error:  : (16) bad size", do you
have any idea what does it mean?
Thank you in advance.
"Insetto" <insetto70_nocacca@gmx.net> wrote in message

> Lazy wrote:
> > just one more thing, do you know how to open maya5's work in maya 4.5?
>
> What about saving in ascii format (ma) and open the file with a Notepad
> and change version in the 1st line? If you didn't use any version 5
> feature it should work.
>
> I.

0
Lazy
11/20/2003 7:09:43 PM
"Lazy" <isabelle_chang_tw@nospam.yahoo.com.tw> wrote in

> Thank you for your suggestion. However,I have tried to do what you
> said for several time with different Maya5 files and none of them
> work! Morover, the output window said "Maya binary file parse error:
> : (16) bad size", do you have any idea what does it mean?
> Thank you in advance.

Try this....

save in ascii. also, save a dummy file (with maybe a sphere) in ascii in
the earlier version. open your file, and copy everything that does not
include the header etc... just the parts that describe whats in the scene
(usually the MEL stuff). Take that, and paste over the sphere description
in the dummy file. Save it, and open that file instead. It usually works
if there are no v5 specific commands in it. It would also help to delete
history first just in case if you dont really need it.

btw.... I think you are talking about an mb file, not an ma (maya ascii).
When you save it be sure you select this. If, when you open it, it does
not look like MEL, then its not ma.
0
Theo
11/20/2003 7:25:28 PM
It's a warning. In most cases, this specific warning doesn't even have any
consequence (notice the "may not" in the warning) - at least that is my
experience.
Unless you're bothered by the message popping up every now and then, just
leave it there and ignore it.

Are you absolutely sure that your "cycleCheck -e off" evaluated at all in
the script editor?

Regards,

Tonci

"Rita" <nospam@spamfree.com> wrote in message
> Hi!
> I keep getting the following waning in my script editor:
> "Cycle on 'pCube1.translateX' may not evaluate as expected.  (Use
> 'cycleCheck -e off' to disable this warning.)"
> I have been trying to disable the warning, can anyone help?
>
> RC

0
Tonci
11/21/2003 1:18:08 AM
Thank you! and yes"cycleCheck -e off" evaluated at all in the script editor.

"Tonci Nemes" <postmaster@localhost.com> wrote in message
> It's a warning. In most cases, this specific warning doesn't even have any
> consequence (notice the "may not" in the warning) - at least that is my
> experience.
> Unless you're bothered by the message popping up every now and then, just
> leave it there and ignore it.
>
> Are you absolutely sure that your "cycleCheck -e off" evaluated at all in
> the script editor?
>
> Regards,
>
> Tonci
>

> "Rita" <nospam@spamfree.com> wrote in message
> > Hi!
> > I keep getting the following waning in my script editor:
> > "Cycle on 'pCube1.translateX' may not evaluate as expected.  (Use
> > 'cycleCheck -e off' to disable this warning.)"
> > I have been trying to disable the warning, can anyone help?
> >
> > RC

0
Lazy