Insert

How can I insert a jpg into another one?

--
Dieter Britz
0

On Sun, 18 Dec 2016 15:31:47 +0000, Dieter Britz wrote:

> How can I insert a jpg into another one?

You need to learn about layers among other things. Although Gimp can be a
tough learn, there are now numerous Youtube and other help offerings
available.
0
dave
12/18/2016 4:00:25 PM
Am 18.12.2016 um 16:31 schrieb Dieter Britz:
> How can I insert a jpg into another one?

Basically: Copy&Paste
you get a floating layer which has has to be converted to a new layer.
Sounds complicated, but is just a "click"

Check with the manual "Layers".

cu
Peter

0
Peter
12/18/2016 4:16:59 PM
Dieter Britz <dieterhansbritz@gmail.com> wrote:
>How can I insert a jpg into another one?

Specifically, go to the "Files" menu and select the
"Open as layers" option.  That will open a window
allowing navigation to the location of whatever file is
to be included.  The image will be inserted as a layer,
on top of whatever already existed.

As others have suggested you will need to know about
layers.  The new layer can be cropped, or resized, or
edited in any way you wish.  It can be kept separate
from other layers for editing purposes, and can be mixed
for viewing purposes in multiple ways.  Go to the
Windows menu item and select the Layers option to open a
window for manipulating Layers.  There are also tools
under the Layer menu item too.

Eventually you'll want to merge all layers together to
export the finished image to a file...

--
Floyd L. Davidson                         http://www.apaflo.com/
Utqiagvik (Barrow, Alaska)                      floyd@apaflo.com
Floyd L. Davidson wrote:

> Dieter Britz <dieterhansbritz@gmail.com> wrote:
>>How can I insert a jpg into another one?
>
> Specifically, go to the "Files" menu and select the
> "Open as layers" option.  That will open a window
> allowing navigation to the location of whatever file is
> to be included.  The image will be inserted as a layer,
> on top of whatever already existed.
>
> As others have suggested you will need to know about
> layers.  The new layer can be cropped, or resized, or
> edited in any way you wish.  It can be kept separate
> from other layers for editing purposes, and can be mixed
> for viewing purposes in multiple ways.  Go to the
> Windows menu item and select the Layers option to open a
> window for manipulating Layers.  There are also tools
> under the Layer menu item too.
>
> Eventually you'll want to merge all layers together to
> export the finished image to a file...

Better yet, when you are done with your work, first save as an xcf file (the
native gimp format), then merge down, and export as jpg.  If later you don't
like the jpg, open the xcf, which will have the layers unmerged.

HTH.

John.

--
Using the Cubic at home