Convert Data (csv) to wav file

Hi,
Does anyone have or know a source of code for converting raw data (eg
in .csv format) to .wav file format.
I am collecting data from an Analogue to Digital convertor and need to
convert the data into a .wav file.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Peter
0
p_l_reed (3)

On 18 Jun 2004 13:35:10 -0700, p_l_reed@hotmail.com (Peter Reed)
wrote:

>Hi,
>Does anyone have or know a source of code for converting raw data (eg
>in .csv format) to .wav file format.
>I am collecting data from an Analogue to Digital convertor and need to
>convert the data into a .wav file.
>Any help would be greatly appreciated.
>
>Thanks,
>Peter

It depends on the contents of your CSV (Comma Separated Values) file.
CSV files are text files where records are separated by newlines
(either a carriage return or carriage return/line feed combination).
Within each record of a CSV are one or more fields, the fields being
separated by commas.  I assume that the CSV would contain numeric
values for each individual sample; without knowing the range of these
numeric values (ie from 0 to 65535 or -32768 to 32767?), the bitrate
(8 or 16 bits?) and the number of channels (mono or stereo?), it's
hard to give you more pertinent information.

There are numerous web sites that describe the WAV file format, which
is in itself a subset of the RIFF file format.  For example, this web
site has a description of the format; I hope you're comfortable with
doing binary stuff in VB:

http://www.sonicspot.com/guide/wavefiles.html

Tony
0