Failed to load control 'ImageList' from MSCOMCTL.OCX

Hi,

In my VB 6 application, I keep getting the following error
occassionally

Failed to load control 'ImageList' from MSCOMCTL.OCX.  Your version of
MSCOMCTL.OCX may be outdated.  Make sure you are using the version of
the control that was provided with your application.

This happens only on couple of machines whereas rest of them (around
20) runs fine. They all have same version of MSCOMCTL.OCX. I have
tried uninstalling and re-installing the application. Can not
reproduce the error in development environment, only comes up after
deployment.

Any Ideas!

Regards

PJ

On 7 Apr 2005 01:33:40 -0700, joshi.praveen@gmail.com (PJ) wrote:

>Hi,
>
>In my VB 6 application, I keep getting the following error
>occassionally
>
>Failed to load control 'ImageList' from MSCOMCTL.OCX.  Your version of
>MSCOMCTL.OCX may be outdated.  Make sure you are using the version of
>the control that was provided with your application.
>
>This happens only on couple of machines whereas rest of them (around
>20) runs fine. They all have same version of MSCOMCTL.OCX. I have
>tried uninstalling and re-installing the application. Can not
>reproduce the error in development environment, only comes up after
>deployment.

I doubt that they all really have the same version of MSCOMCTL.OCX

Can you get rid of it ?

Perhaps a hidden Usercontrol on your main form containing an array of
Pictureboxes (that is my method) or you could use Resource files.

Most of the additional controls in there are fairly pathetic
- and the useful ones have been emulated
0
erewhon2 (1112)

Looks more like a memory leak problem. According to Microsoft

This problem occurs because Windows XP and Mscomctl.ocx load two
different versions of Comctl32.dll that are not compatible
(http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;811415)

Though the problem in this article is not what I am getting but its
similar cause and symptoms. Not sure how to resolve this issue.
Probably try installing MSCOMCTL.OCX that is compatible with Xp.
Any Comments!

Many Thanks