How to convert exe file of cgi script into .cgi extension.

Hi.
i learn about cgi scripting in c++ from deitel & deitel. in this book
he uses .cgi extension files while when i compile the file on windows
platform is .exe.
in book he browse the .cgi files i dont know how he makes cgi file.and
run in windows xp.

can anyone help me to convert exe file into cgi so that i can use this
file on redhat apache server.
i paste the exe file into cgi-bin folder of apache in windows platform
its works. but i want to compile the same code in g++ (for redhat
system) so that i can paste the compiled file into cgi-bin folder of
redhat system.

Muzammil wrote:
> i learn about cgi scripting in c++ from deitel & deitel. in this book
> he uses .cgi extension files while when i compile the file on windows
> platform is .exe.
> in book he browse the .cgi files i dont know how he makes cgi file.and
> run in windows xp.
>
> can anyone help me to convert exe file into cgi so that i can use this
> file on redhat apache server.
> i paste the exe file into cgi-bin folder of apache in windows platform
> its works. but i want to compile the same code in g++ (for redhat
> system) so that i can paste the compiled file into cgi-bin folder of
> redhat system.

You're in the wrong newsgroup, I believe.  Your problem is not of the
language kind.  Please consider posting in the newsgroup titled
'comp.infosystems.www.authoring.cgi' or in the newsgroup for your
platform (one of 'comp.os.linux.*' I am guessing).

General note: executables in Linux don't have to have any particular
filename extension, so you can probably make the linker output to
'blah.cgi' and that would be it...

v.Abazarov (13256)
8/28/2008 7:49:43 PM
On Aug 28, 11:37=A0am, Muzammil <muzammilPeer...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi.
> i learn about cgi scripting in c++ from deitel & deitel. in this book
> he uses .cgi extension files while when i compile the file on windows
> platform is .exe.
> in book he browse the .cgi files i dont know how he makes cgi file.and
> run in windows xp.
>
> can anyone help me to convert exe file into cgi so that i can use this
> file on redhat apache server.
> i paste the exe file into cgi-bin folder of apache in windows platform
> its works. but i want to compile the same code in g++ (for redhat
> system) so that i can paste the compiled file into cgi-bin folder of
> redhat system.

What is your C++ *LANGUAGE* question?
0
redfloyd (276)