f



Religious evangelism in comp.lang.c... again...

Your abuse department isn't very responsive. Do you really want to go back
to the old days where people simply filtered ALL posts originating from
Google News to get rid of all the trash?

---8<------8<------8<------8<------8<------8<------8<------8<------8<---
X-Received: by 10.176.90.155 with SMTP id w27mr1716258uae.24.1482320607065;
         Wed, 21 Dec 2016 03:43:27 -0800 (PST)
X-Received: by 10.157.32.168 with SMTP id x37mr386389ota.7.1482320607020; Wed,
  21 Dec 2016 03:43:27 -0800 (PST)
Path: 
aioe.org!news.glorb.com!p16no1668960qta.1!news-out.google.com!u18ni5656ita.0!nntp.google.com!b123no2351493itb.0!postnews.google.com!glegroupsg2000goo.googlegroups.com!not-for-mail
Newsgroups: comp.lang.c
Date: Wed, 21 Dec 2016 03:43:26 -0800 (PST)
In-Reply-To: <MPG.32c42ff5b190a4c098a825@news.eternal-september.org>
Complaints-To: groups-abuse@google.com
Injection-Info: glegroupsg2000goo.googlegroups.com; 
posting-host=2601:800:c080:2391:9ae7:9aff:fe19:67a1;
  posting-account=BcpLkAoAAACbVwkzAAKP0XXOd-MDREpp
NNTP-Posting-Host: 2601:800:c080:2391:9ae7:9aff:fe19:67a1
References: <51260643-85ec-45bf-bd26-5843135f1990@googlegroups.com>
  <o362ir$lfv$2@dont-email.me> 
<89781c2f-f4f5-4bcb-94cb-a5f48e18f1bf@googlegroups.com>
  <MPG.32c42ff5b190a4c098a825@news.eternal-september.org>
User-Agent: G2/1.0
MIME-Version: 1.0
Message-ID: <e55393f9-c7a5-49bd-8c4f-bc7b7d63dc8b@googlegroups.com>
Subject: Re: Go to church today
From: "Rick C. Hodgin" <rick.c.hodgin@gmail.com>
Injection-Date: Wed, 21 Dec 2016 11:43:27 +0000
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=UTF-8

J. Clarke wrote:
> In article <89781c2f-f4f5-4bcb-94cb-a5f48e...@googlegroups.com>, rick.c...@gmail.com says...
> > Christian churches teach salvation through the atoning blood sacrifice
> > made by Jesus Christ at Calvary. They teach that we cannot save ourselves
> > by good works and deeds.
>
> So why do you preach at everybody? Is this not an attempt at "good
> works and deeds"?

Christians are commanded to teach others (Matthew 28:18+).  For
those who are saved, who have been forgiven for their sin, they will
labor for the Lord.  These are all "good works," but they are not "unto"
salvation, but are rather "the result of' salvation.

Our "good works" won't save us, but everyone who is born again will
have good works (assuming they remain alive long enough, and don't
do something like receive Christ's forgiveness in their dying moments).

-----
Why do I "preach at everybody?"  Because people are amazing and so
beautiful, and because eternity lasts forever.  There's no coming back
from that.  It is an end of you, filled with unending torment, the
deemed confinement for an eternal being of grand form and power
(you) who has rejected truth, and embraced lies, in a universe built and
founded upon truth.

Jesus restores us to that which God intended before sin entered in
and destroyed everything.  We are created beings made in His image
and likeness.  He has an eternal purpose for us, but until we acknowledge
our sin, our guilt, our shame, voluntarily, and ask forgiveness, and really
mean it because we truly repent, we remain under condemnation.

I don't want anyone to remain under condemnation, because of what it
means in eternity.  I want everyone to enter Heaven and live and thrive
and shine on and on forever, in a body like the angels, young, fit, strong,
beautiful, and without limitation.  The Bible actually calls it, "a
glorified body."  And it is our permanent home.

We only exist here as we do, in aging decrepit bodies, because of sin.
Jesus takes away sin, preparing the way to eternity.

It is important because of what it means to each of us individually.

Best regards,
Rick C. Hodgin
---8<------8<------8<------8<------8<------8<------8<------8<------8<---

-- 
Robert Spanjaard
0
Robert
12/21/2016 3:26:32 PM
comp.lang.c 30656 articles. 5 followers. spinoza1111 (3246) is leader. Post Follow

10 Replies
770 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 54

On Wednesday, December 21, 2016 at 10:26:41 AM UTC-5, Robert Spanjaard wrote:
> [snip]

Robert, you should ask yourself why I post about forgiveness of sin
through Jesus Christ, rather than simply condemning my posts out of
hand.  It's not for no reason that I post this information, sir.

Best regards,
Rick C. Hodgin
0
Rick
12/21/2016 3:29:09 PM
On 21-12-16 16:29, Rick C. Hodgin wrote:
> On Wednesday, December 21, 2016 at 10:26:41 AM UTC-5, Robert Spanjaard wrote:
>> [snip]
>
> Robert, you should ask yourself why I post about forgiveness of sin
> through Jesus Christ, rather than simply condemning my posts out of
> hand.  It's not for no reason that I post this information, sir.

Nobody posts for no reason, , so that's a moot point. And nobody is
interested in /your/ reason for posting off topic, it's still off topic. Now
fuck off and suck your little Jesus's dick. You don't communicate with
people who don't honor your god, so I say fuck that guy in his ass and may
he give you all STD's at once.

-- 
Robert Spanjaard
0
Robert
12/21/2016 3:43:38 PM
In article <fc7a9e3b-2c42-4e51-bb7d-9ec9baa64bd7@googlegroups.com>,
Rick C. Hodgin <rick.c.hodgin@gmail.com> wrote:
>Robert, you should ask yourself why I post about forgiveness of sin
>through Jesus Christ, rather than simply condemning my posts out of
>hand.  It's not for no reason that I post this information, sir.

Somebody needs to get back on their meds...

>Best regards,
>Rick C. Hodgin

Beyond hope.

-- 
The randomly chosen signature file that would have appeared here is more than 4
lines long.  As such, it violates one or more Usenet RFCs.  In order to remain
in compliance with said RFCs, the actual sig can be found at the following URL:
	http://user.xmission.com/~gazelle/Sigs/EternalFlame
0
gazelle
12/21/2016 4:06:13 PM
In article <fc7a9e3b-2c42-4e51-bb7d-9ec9baa64bd7@googlegroups.com>,
 "Rick C. Hodgin" <rick.c.hodgin@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wednesday, December 21, 2016 at 10:26:41 AM UTC-5, Robert Spanjaard wrote:
> > [snip]
> 
> Robert, you should ask yourself why I post about forgiveness of sin
> through Jesus Christ, rather than simply condemning my posts out of
> hand.  It's not for no reason that I post this information, sir.
> 
> Best regards,
> Rick C. Hodgin

It is, however, for no effect that you post them. If you piss people 
off, do you expect them then to want to be like you?
0
Mark
12/21/2016 4:18:49 PM
On Wednesday, December 21, 2016 at 11:18:54 AM UTC-5, Mark Storkamp wrote:
> In article <fc7a9e3b-2c42-4e51-bb7d-9ec9baa64bd7@googlegroups.com>,
>  "Rick C. Hodgin" <rick.c.hodgin@gmail.com> wrote:
> 
> > On Wednesday, December 21, 2016 at 10:26:41 AM UTC-5, Robert Spanjaard wrote:
> > > [snip]
> > 
> > Robert, you should ask yourself why I post about forgiveness of sin
> > through Jesus Christ, rather than simply condemning my posts out of
> > hand.  It's not for no reason that I post this information, sir.
> 
> It is, however, for no effect that you post them. If you piss people 
> off, do you expect them then to want to be like you?

I do not know that.  You do not know that.  Nobody knows who will come
to believe or when.  It's why Jesus said we would be "fishers of men,"
because like fishermen we don't know when there will be a return.  We
could labor all night and have no results.  Or, we could cast out and
pull in bounty after bounty after bounty.

It is not the haul that is important.  It is the labor.  The haul will
come as the Lord doles out, because it is not any of us who are able
to convince others to believe.  We repeat His words, and He will have
drawn that person from the inside to hear those words and know them as
truth.

We are obedient to Him and His request in our lives, so that those who
do have an ear to hear are given that opportunity, so they can come to
believe, repent, and be saved.

Not everyone will be saved, Mark.  Only those who are being drawn, and
only those God chooses, and only those who are seeking after the truth
with sincerity are being drawn.  For the rest, this message will remain
offensive and completely off-putting because it is spirit, and the sinful
flesh cannot understand any matters of the spirit.

Best regards,
Rick C. Hodgin
0
Rick
12/21/2016 4:45:24 PM
Robert Spanjaard <spamtrap@arumes.com> writes:
> Your abuse department isn't very responsive. Do you really want to go back
> to the old days where people simply filtered ALL posts originating from
> Google News to get rid of all the trash?

Robert, nobody at Google is going to read your post to
comp.lang.c and do something about it.  If you want to complain to
groups-abuse@google.com, by all means do so, but don't waste our time
by posting it here.  I don't know whether they care about off-topic
posts, as opposed to actual spam, but you can take that up with them.
If you want to complain to Rick, send him an e-mail.  I've tried,
and I'm convinced that it won't work, but you're welcome to try.

I don't even see Rick's posts -- until people like you quote
them in followups.  As far as I'm concerned, Rick's own posts are
a non-issue.  You are a much bigger problem.  A problem which I
will now solve, at least for myself.

But meanwhile, let me urge you one last time to STOP replying
publicly to Rick's off-topic posts, or at least stop publicly
quoting them.

*PLONK*

-- 
Keith Thompson (The_Other_Keith) kst-u@mib.org  <http://www.ghoti.net/~kst>
Working, but not speaking, for JetHead Development, Inc.
"We must do something.  This is something.  Therefore, we must do this."
    -- Antony Jay and Jonathan Lynn, "Yes Minister"
0
Keith
12/21/2016 5:22:07 PM
On 21-12-16 18:22, Keith Thompson wrote:
> Robert Spanjaard <spamtrap@arumes.com> writes:
>> Your abuse department isn't very responsive. Do you really want to go back
>> to the old days where people simply filtered ALL posts originating from
>> Google News to get rid of all the trash?
>
> Robert, nobody at Google is going to read your post to
> comp.lang.c and do something about it.  If you want to complain to
> groups-abuse@google.com, by all means do so, but don't waste our time
> by posting it here.

That's exactly what I tried, but forgot to change the destination.

> But meanwhile, let me urge you one last time to STOP replying
> publicly to Rick's off-topic posts, or at least stop publicly
> quoting them.

Or else?

> *PLONK*

Ah, no or else... Like I care.

-- 
Robert Spanjaard
0
Robert
12/21/2016 5:26:25 PM
On 21/12/16 17:26, Robert Spanjaard wrote:
> On 21-12-16 18:22, Keith Thompson wrote:
>> Robert Spanjaard <spamtrap@arumes.com> writes:
>>> Your abuse department isn't very responsive. Do you really want to go
>>> back
>>> to the old days where people simply filtered ALL posts originating from
>>> Google News to get rid of all the trash?
>>
>> Robert, nobody at Google is going to read your post to
>> comp.lang.c and do something about it.  If you want to complain to
>> groups-abuse@google.com, by all means do so, but don't waste our time
>> by posting it here.
>
> That's exactly what I tried, but forgot to change the destination.
>
>> But meanwhile, let me urge you one last time to STOP replying
>> publicly to Rick's off-topic posts, or at least stop publicly
>> quoting them.
>
> Or else?
>
>> *PLONK*
>
> Ah, no or else... Like I care.

Robert, I realise your intentions are good (and I had already guessed, 
perhaps unlike Keith, that your OP was intended to be sent to Google, 
not to this group). But you are in danger of alienating at least some of 
the more clueful members of this group, over a very silly matter.

I don't know whether Keith's "plonk" notification was literal (in that 
he has now decided to start filtering out your posts). If so, I hope he 
will re-consider.

But I also hope that you will recognise the futility of trying to reason 
with Rick C Hodgin. He is determined to pollute this newsgroup with his 
hazy and sometimes crazy theology, and he firmly believes (wrongly, in 
my view) that God approves of his action, so he is beyond persuasion, 
whether through reasoning or through more, uh, robust provocations 
(which, by the way, have the effect of alienating those subscribers to 
this group who are Christians but who do not pollute the group with 
off-topic religious diatribes).

There is literally nothing you can do to stop him.

The best thing you can do is limit the damage, and the best way to do 
that is to add Rick C Hodgin to your killfile and never respond to him 
again.

He contributes nothing of value to the C discussions here, so you won't 
be missing anything.

Keith Thompson, on the other hand, is a highly valued member of the 
group, an expert C programmer, and generally a reasonable person. If he 
is filtering your articles out, it is not him but you who will be the 
poorer for it.

What you do is of course your affair. But if you wanted my 
recommendation, it would be to (a) killfile Rick C Hodgin immediately, 
and (b) post an apology, or at least an assurance that you won't be 
engaging with Rick C Hodgin's crackpot religious articles any more. I 
would hope that someone here would reply to such an assurance, giving 
Keith the opportunity to re-consider his plonking. Keith is an eminently 
reasonable person, and I am quite sure he would take such an 
opportunity, if offered.

And to the several others who feel the urge to reply to Rick C Hodgin's 
confused religious nonsense, I hope that you will see why the best 
response to such an urge is to killfile him instead.

It is everybody's right to post whatever drivel they like in this 
newsgroup, but it is nobody's right to demand an audience. The most 
effective message you can send to Rick C Hodgin in comp.lang.c is to 
refrain from responding to him *at all*, and the easiest way to do that 
is by killfiling him.

Of course, if everybody does that, it does mean that if Rick C Hodgin 
comes up against a genuine C problem and really does need advice from 
this group, he won't be able to get it. Oh dear. How sad. Never mind.

-- 
Richard Heathfield
Email: rjh at cpax dot org dot uk
"Usenet is a strange place" - dmr 29 July 1999
Sig line 4 vacant - apply within
0
Richard
12/21/2016 5:49:43 PM
Richard Heathfield <rjh@cpax.org.uk> writes:
[...]
> I don't know whether Keith's "plonk" notification was literal (in that 
> he has now decided to start filtering out your posts).

It was.

>                                                        If so, I hope he 
> will re-consider.

I see no reason to do so at this time.  I've tried multiple times to
persaude Robert Spanjaard to stop replying publicly to Rick's posts,
to no avail.  I haven't been keeping track, but my impression is
that the vast majority of Robert's posts have been entirely off-topic
(no doubt there are counterexamples; please don't bother citing them).

[...]

-- 
Keith Thompson (The_Other_Keith) kst-u@mib.org  <http://www.ghoti.net/~kst>
Working, but not speaking, for JetHead Development, Inc.
"We must do something.  This is something.  Therefore, we must do this."
    -- Antony Jay and Jonathan Lynn, "Yes Minister"
0
Keith
12/21/2016 6:05:40 PM
On 21/12/16 18:05, Keith Thompson wrote:
> Richard Heathfield <rjh@cpax.org.uk> writes:
> [...]
>> I don't know whether Keith's "plonk" notification was literal (in that
>> he has now decided to start filtering out your posts).
>
> It was.
>
>> If so, I hope he will re-consider.
>
> I see no reason to do so at this time.

Then we shall have to wait and see. My own view is that Robert Spanjaard 
is having teething problems, so to speak, and I hope that they will soon 
pass. That is why I replied as I did. But only time will tell.

-- 
Richard Heathfield
Email: rjh at cpax dot org dot uk
"Usenet is a strange place" - dmr 29 July 1999
Sig line 4 vacant - apply within
0
Richard
12/21/2016 6:33:55 PM
Reply: